• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[support]?MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module

dreamscape

I would like first to extend a big thank you to all people that worked to make this module. I have installed it on a Oscommerce 2.3.4 Bootstrap Gold edition and it seems to work OK. I have only two problems which are odd.

1. After installing the MZMT shipping module the "Install Module" button is not there any more in the shipping modules page. So normally no more shipping modules can be installed. This button appears again only when I edit the MZMT module and if I click it I can install additional shipping modules normally.

2. In some cases shipping for certain customers is not available during the checkout process although the geozones and the shipping tables are installed correctly. For the same state other customers do not have any problems. It also happened once in my test account. I could not see any shipping method available during checkout one day but after a couple of days I could see shipping options (nothing changed). 

I have 8 geozones and three tables/geozone (some geozones use only 2 of the three tables). I have also checked that zones do not overlap and I use a certain prefix for the geozones used in the module.

I also use COD module and the Get States module. 

Any thoughts or help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

After two weeks of searching for a solution for the problem number 2 and about 60 minutes after posting the previous message I found the solution during a moment of inspiration. It has to do with tables structure. All my tables started with a minimum weight of 1 kg. If a customer placed an order with items weighing less than 1 kg he would not see shipping options. I now start my tables from 0.01 kg and the module seems to work OK. Small problem number 1 still remains.

11 hours ago, kirk223 said:

After two weeks of searching for a solution for the problem number 2 and about 60 minutes after posting the previous message I found the solution during a moment of inspiration. It has to do with tables structure. All my tables started with a minimum weight of 1 kg. If a customer placed an order with items weighing less than 1 kg he would not see shipping options. I now start my tables from 0.01 kg and the module seems to work OK. Small problem number 1 still remains.

If I remember rightly (it's been a long time since I used this module);

MGMZT works on the basis of lowest breakpoint
=> 10:9.99,15:10.99
==> below 10...no shipping shows, between 10 and 15 cost is 9.99, over 15 cost is 10.99

All other shipping module work on highest breakpoint
=> 10:9.99,15:10.99
==> below 10...cost is 9.99, between 10 and 15 cost is 10.99, over 15 no shipping shows

In addition, there is a setting (introduced in I think 2.3.2) which introduces an unfixed shipping bug where any shipping with a cost of zero...breaks certain shipping modules.  This bug was raised by me in the old forum, but that bug reporting appears to have been removed. 

Anyway...sounds like you got the problem sorted.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm having a problem with my shipping table calculations. I have several different items with different weights and different shipping costs. Below are 2 examples:

my cd singles weigh 38.5g and cost 2.66euro to send anywhere outside The Netherlands

my cds in jewelcases weigh 110g and cost 6.65euro to send anywhere outside The Netherlands

you can see in screenshot1.jpg the cd single with weight 38.5g is working perfectly.

you can see in screenshot.jpg the cd in jewelcase with weight 110g is not working at all. The shipping price shown is 0.

My calculation for Geo Zone 2 Shipping Table 1 is 38:2.66,110:6.65

Is this wrong?

screenshot.jpg

screenshot1.jpg

• 2 months later...

That means just what it says. It's a pretty simple-minded test, so it may not detect the change if you didn't do it exactly the way the manual says. If you're certain of your changes, you can ignore the warning message.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

ok got ya; Ok I setup the following:

Tax Zone Shp: Zone 8

Then inserted New Jersey to test

In mzmt.php

Geo Zone 6
Enable this method for the following geo zone.
Shp: Zone 8

Geo Zone 6 Table Mode
The shipping cost is based on the total weight, total price, or total count of the items ordered.

weight
price X
count

Geo Zone 6 Table Icon
The icon of the shipping method. Leave blank if none.

Geo Zone 6 Table Title in English
The title of the shipping method in English.

Economy

Geo Zone 6 Handling Fee
Handling Fee for this geo zone.

Geo Zone 6 Shipping Table 1
Shipping table 1 for this geo zone
0:6.95,30:27%

Geo Zone 6 Shipping Table 1 Name
Shipping table 1 name for this geo zone in English

Economy

I get the following:

Shipping is currently not available for the selected shipping address. Please select or create a new shipping address to use with your purchase.

Edited by tmcca

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I am getting the below error though having read that it's not compatible with PHP 7 I suspect that is the issue.

Fatal error: 'break' not in the 'loop' or 'switch' context in C:\xampp\htdocs\valley\includes\modules\shipping\mzmt.php on line 585

You're right, older versions of PHP used to ignore that. It's not essential, so just delete that line and you should be fine.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Just now, kymation said:

You're right, older versions of PHP used to ignore that. It's not essential, so just delete that line and you should be fine.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim, does this addon use both price and weight to calculate shipping cost?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

When i install this module i get this error :

1364 - Field 'configuration_title' doesn't have a default value
insert into configuration ( configuration_key, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function ) values ( 'MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_LANGUAGE_FILE_TEST', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_mzmt_language_file_check', 'tep_cfg_do_nothing(' )

On OSC2.3.4

On 8/21/2020 at 12:28 PM, Psytanium said:

When i install this module i get this error :

1364 - Field 'configuration_title' doesn't have a default value
insert into configuration ( configuration_key, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function ) values ( 'MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_LANGUAGE_FILE_TEST', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_mzmt_language_file_check', 'tep_cfg_do_nothing(' )

On OSC2.3.4

Any suggestion please ? I can install other modules, but this one i can't.