• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[support]?MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module

dreamscape

Hi Guys, i am unable to save any of the values in the shipping module MultiGeoZone MultiTable even though i have edited the values and click on update, tried in IE and firefox, any kind souls able to show me which table does the values save into in the database so i can directly alter the values there ?

Thanks in advance...

Edited by oisiaoeh

Just installed this contribution and everything works except for one thing. The main reason I wanted to use this was to allow only sales within the US but while testing with a european address, I get no shipping and allows the customer to proceed with the checkout (no shipping charges!). Is there any way to code this mod where it compares the customers zone with that of the shipping module and if not the same it won't allow a checkout...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have installed it and I had set up some zones, the problem is when it tries to calculate the shipping costs.

I have this set up:

Tax Class = 16%
Sort Order = 0
Method = Weight
Handing Fee = 0
Geo Zone 1 Shipping Table 1 = 0:10.345,10:10.345,11:1.146*

The result for an order of 10.962 Kg must be:

(10.345 € + (1 * 1.146 €)) * 1.16 = 13.33 €

but, and here is the error, the mzmt says that it is:

(10.345 € + (0 * 1.146 €)) * 1.16 = 12.00 €

If i retry it but this time with an order of 11.571 Kg it works fine doing:

(10.345 € + (2 * 1.146 €)) * 1.16 = 14.66 €

Anyone can help?

Thanks everyone.

Regards.

Edited by jesus4736

I have found a solution changing the code. That works fine for me.

Can anyone check it before use it in a shop?

Here is my new function determineShipping($table_cost)

function determineShipping($table_cost) {
     global $shipping_num_boxes;

//Añadido jesus4736
  $multiplicador_precio = '';
  $multiplicador_peso = '';
  $peso_anterior_multiplicador = 0;
  //Fin añadido

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($table_cost); $i<$n; $i+=2) {
       if ($this->order_total >= $table_cost[$i]) {
         $shipping_factor = $table_cost[$i+1];
         $previous_weight = $table_cost[$i-2];
         $previous_cost = $table_cost[$i-1];
         $current_weight = $table_cost[$i];
       }
	//Añadido por jesus4736
    //Encuentro el multiplicador si lo hay
    if (substr_count($table_cost[$i+1], '*') > 0) {
	  $multiplicador_precio = str_replace('*', '', $table_cost[$i+1]);
	  $multiplicador_peso = $table_cost[$i];
	  $peso_anterior_multiplicador = $table_cost[$i-2];
	}
	//Fin añadido
  }

if (substr_count($shipping_factor, '%') > 0) {
       $shipping = ((($this->order_total*10)/10)*((str_replace('%', '', $shipping_factor))/100));
  /*
	Modificada por jesus4736
     } elseif (substr_count($shipping_factor, '*') > 0) {
     	$weight_measure = $current_weight - $previous_weight;  //Find out how much is each additional factor eg. additional 0.5 lb or additional 1 lb
	$add_cost = ceil((($this->order_total - $previous_weight)/$weight_measure)) * (str_replace('*', '', $shipping_factor)); //How many additional shipping cost
	*/
	} elseif ($this->order_total > $peso_anterior_multiplicador) {
	  $peso_restar = ($current_weight == $multiplicador_peso ? $previous_weight : $current_weight);
         $incrementos = $multiplicador_peso - $peso_restar;
	  $add_cost = ceil((($this->order_total - $peso_restar)/$incrementos)) * $multiplicador_precio; 
	//Fin cambio jesus4736
     	$shipping = str_replace('$', '', $previous_cost) + $add_cost;
     } else {
       $shipping = str_replace('$', '', $shipping_factor);
     }

if ($this->geozone_mode == 'weight') {
       $shipping = $shipping * $shipping_num_boxes;
     }

return $shipping;
   }

thanks!

Can a method be disabled for packages over a certain weight?

example, we have 2 shipping methods:

-Normal Post for smaller items that fit thru a mailslot

-Parcel Post for larger items

Once the weight is over say 250grams I want the Normal Post method to disappear all together, leaving only the option for Parcel Post

Has anyone achieved anything similar?

Thanks in advance!

Bump -- still trying to figure this out... saw something similar for another contribution that went something like this:

// class methods

function quote($method = '') {

global $order, $cart, $shipping_weight, $shipping_num_boxes;

if($shipping_weight > 250)

{

$this->enabled = false;

return;

}

but don't know how to apply this to MultiGeoZone

Any ideas?

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I just installed the contribution, but I dont understand how the zones are refrenced at the check out? I set up the geo zones in admin, and created my own account in one of those zones, but the module doesn't show up at the check out.

However, the create account form dosen't allows to pick the city where are yo are located. So, how can I reference those citys at the check aout, if my geo zones are defined by citys?

I really would apreciate your help, Thanks!

It will only show up if the customer is in one of the Geo Zones you have set to use with the module

Hi,

I have set US and Europe in the Geo Zones t use the module, by adding them in the tax zones, and then adding them in the set up of the module. However, it dosen't show up in the check out. I have tryed changing my test account to US, and Europe contries.

What do you think is wrong?

I really would apreciate your help. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone found out how to make this work with the Geo Zones as set up in Admin ? For the life of me I can't get the mzmt.php file to read the zones_to_geo_zones from the database.

The only zone option I can choose from is International and this on all tables.

Chris

Are you using Version 1.2 of the Addon? I haven't tried any of the patches posted after that version, so I don't know if they work.

When you make a change in your Admin, do the changes get made in the database configuration table? Search your configuration table for duplicate configuration_key entries, particularly the MZMT ones. Remove all entries but one for each value.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi Jim,

Yes I add the geo zones in admin, and they are present in the database, however this contribution does not detect the zones. The only available option in the pull down for zones is International.

The mzmt file is set up odd. I don't understand how it is support to see the zones as there is no query for them.

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

edit: Yes, I have installed V1.2

Chris

Edited by DunWeb

Jim,

Actually NO....my domestic shipping did not. But the other two did. Once I changed the domestic name to include the shp: it found all of them.

Thank you for the help. I would never have found that.

Chris

• 9 months later...

In the module's language file is where you give the shipping its name for each geo zone being used in the module. default it has 3 example, with the 1st being UPS and the other 2 are blank. If you use more than 3 geo zones with the module, you'll need to add more defines to the language file. This is explained in the readme and also in the comments at the top of the language file, how to add more defines ;)

HI, I have a problem with this - I have 7 zones (for the 7 states of Australia), but only zone 1 is showing 'United Parcel Service (UPS) 1.8 kg' then UPS icon, in the checkout. Why is this and what do I do? It doesn't show up for any other Australian zone. If anything is to show, I really need it to say 'Australia post' not UPS.

Appreciate anyones help.... :huh:

Edited by Mrsturbo

I knew as soon as I posted, I'd find the fix

Just went into includes/languages/english/modules/shipping and changed 'United States postal service' to Australia post and removed the 'shipping_ups.gif' form the next line and it worked.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys !

just installed MZMT on my shop. I have set up the zones nicely in the configuration, and here is my set up in the modules (the weight in counted in grams) :

Multiple geo zone shipping with multiple tables to each geo zone.

Enable MultiRegion MultiTable Method

True

Tax Class

--none--

Sort Order

Geo Zone 1

SHP-ZONE_A

Geo Zone 1 Table Method

weight

Geo Zone 1 Handling Fee

Geo Zone 1 Shipping Table 1

500:15.30,1000:22.60

Geo Zone 2

SHP-ZONE_B

Geo Zone 2 Table Method

weight

Geo Zone 2 Handling Fee

Geo Zone 2 Shipping Table 1

500:23.60,1000:34.50

Geo Zone 3

SHP-ZONE_C

Geo Zone 3 Table Method

weight

Geo Zone 3 Handling Fee

Geo Zone 3 Shipping Table 1

500:30.60,1000:48.10

:ph34r: When I test it with a fake account coming based in Zone_A, however, I get ...

"Shipping Method

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

Speedpost Express (22 g)

2 to 3 working days S$0.00"

So it pulls out the shipping method required, but it fails to show the correct shipping fee (in this case that would be 15.30 SGD).

Any idea what I got wrong here ? :blush: thanks !

Flo

Hi,

I seem to be having the same problem, Does anyone know why this would happen?

Cheers

Hi,

Cheers

Try setting some thing up for a weight from 0 to your first weight threshold. In Frey's example I think he was starting at 500 kg. Let us know if that works.

Dan

Hi,

Cheers

Success!

I'm using V2.3 and was having no luck getting the shipping values to change. I noticed there was a new version of the contribution uploaded yesterday with changes made to includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php file, I used this new version and the contribution seems to be running great! thanks for such a great addon!

Hi,

can someone help me out here.

I want to install this contribution, so I uploaded the files within the "FULL VERSION" compressed file, and when triing to add the sql details to the DB, I get the folowing error:

2afzs6t.jpg

what should I do to get rid of it?

thanks

Hi same problem here.

I don't know how to resolve this problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi same problem here.I don't know how to resolve this problem.Any help will be appreciated.

Jorge,

Alter the INSTALL_v1.000.sql to read:

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES ('', 'MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping', 'The options which configure the MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module', '7', '1');

UPDATE configuration_group SET sort_order = last_insert_id() WHERE configuration_group_id = last_insert_id();

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Number of Geo Zones', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_NUMBER_GEOZONES', '3', 'The number of shipping geo zones.', last_insert_id(), '0', NULL, now(), NULL, NULL),

('', 'Number of Tables per Geo Zone', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_NUMBER_TABLES', '3', 'The number of shipping tables per geo zone.', last_insert_id(), '0', NULL, now(), NULL, NULL);

The problem is you already have a table shipping module installed that is using Key 1.

Chris

Thanks Chris but the problem persist.

I tried another value and same problem.

QL query:

INSERT INTO configuration_group

VALUES (

'', 'MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping', 'The options which configure the MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module', '7', '1'

);

MySQL said: Documentation

#1062 - Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'

Ok I managed to solve my problem by other way and I don´t need any more this great contribution.

How I fully remove the contribution?

I deleted the mzmt file from languages and modules folders, but in the configuration tab in my backoffice the MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping option continues to appear.

How can remove this?

Thanks in advance,

Jorge

Edited by JorgeFernandes

• 2 weeks later...

After testing the latest version I find that if I have a item weight of 0.49 and a table of 0.5:$9.65,20:$11.40 the postage cost on checkout is $0.00 if I change the table 0.5 to say 0.2 the checkout postage is $9.65. Any idea's as I would have thought the table was based on up to the appropriate weight?

Thanks

Thanks

Colin

I cannot get a 4th zone to show up, and it's making me crrrrrrrazy!!! When I set the 3 geozones, they work beautifully, and I'm so happy! Yet, I need to add another zone, and I've uninstalled the module, made the language file additions, reinstalled the module, and grrrrrr... no 4th Geo Zone. I've done this again and again and again tonight because I know I'm probably doing something stupid. If anyone can point out my dunce-i-tude, I'll be very very grateful.

My language file mzmt.php:

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_TEXT_TITLE', 'MultiGeoZone MultiTable');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', 'Multiple geo zone shipping with multiple tables to each geo zone.');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_TEXT_TITLE', 'United Parcel Service (UPS)');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_ICON', 'shipping_ups.gif');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_TABLE_1_TEXT_WAY', 'Ground');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_TABLE_2_TEXT_WAY', 'Second Day');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_TABLE_3_TEXT_WAY', 'Next Day');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_2_TEXT_TITLE', 'MultiGeoZone MultiTable2');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_2_ICON', '');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_2_TABLE_1_TEXT_WAY', '');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_2_TABLE_2_TEXT_WAY', '');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_2_TABLE_3_TEXT_WAY', '');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_3_TEXT_TITLE', 'MultiGeoZone MultiTable3');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_3_ICON', '');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_3_TABLE_1_TEXT_WAY', '');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_3_TABLE_2_TEXT_WAY', '');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_3_TABLE_3_TEXT_WAY', '');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_4_TEXT_TITLE', 'MultiGeoZone MultiTable4');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_4_ICON', '');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_4_TABLE_1_TEXT_WAY', '');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_4_TABLE_2_TEXT_WAY', '');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_4_TABLE_3_TEXT_WAY', '');

?>

Thanks in advance, folks!

Julie

After testing the latest version I find that if I have a item weight of 0.49 and a table of 0.5:$9.65,20:$11.40 the postage cost on checkout is $0.00 if I change the table 0.5 to say 0.2 the checkout postage is $9.65. Any idea's as I would have thought the table was based on up to the appropriate weight?

Thanks

cbonnar,

The range is the *lower* limit, so what you're seeing when you make that change is correct - from what I discovered tonight. Before I embarked on this module, I was busy finding the "table rate" module wasn't good enough. The table rate module uses "up to the appropriate weight," as you say. This Multitable module uses the *lower* limit.

julie