• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[support]?MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module

dreamscape

Ok sorry to be a pain. This is what I want to do:

I need 3 zones: one for GB mainland, one for UK Islands and one for Ireland. The GB mainland needs to be £5.50 (for DHL) unless the order is over £200 whereas its then free). UK Islands and Ireland zones are also free for orders over £200 (except the carriage is £9.75 and for TNT)

I have set up the following folders as Tax Zones:

shp:Uk Folder
United Kingdom	  All Zones

Folder shp:UK Islands
Channel islands	  All Zones	   
Isle of Man 	All Zones 	Info 
Isle of Wight 	All Zones 	Info 
Northern Ireland 	All Zones 	Info 
Scottish Islands 	All Zones 	Info 
The Scilly Isles 	All Zones 	Info

shp:Ireland
Ireland	  All Zones

And set up the following countries:

Channel islands	  CH	  CHI	   
Ireland 	IE 	IRL 	Info 
Isle of Man 	IM 	IOM 	Info 
Isle of Wight 	IW 	IOW 	Info 
Northern Ireland 	NR 	NRI 	Info 
Scottish Islands 	SC 	SCI 	Info 
The Scilly Isles 	TS 	TSI 	Info 
United Kingdom 	GB 	GBR 	Info

As a result, I get 0 on my shipping fee and have had to add the base shipping fee in the handling fee field in order for something to appear when an order is placed.

Also a Scottish Island client I set up as a test displays as shp:Ireland when it should be UK Islands (which isn't the end of the world as its the same rate, but is this doable?)

I can copy patterns in PHP so any clear instruction to both PHP or MySQL I can follow. I have also been backing up the database, files regularly so thats not a problem either

Please please could anyone help me? This is now the only thing stopping us from launching.

Thanks

Debbie Harrison

Ok Sorted. The lower threshold bit was lost on me, buy by including that and having a play, I am resolved.

I'd say thanks but I sorted myself so well done me ;)

Edited by dvharrison

Debbie Harrison

By the way... has anybody have made this work with Ship In Cart contribution or Estimated Shipping Cost contributions?

Yes, MZMT can work with Ship In Cart, however you must activate a second shipping module in addition to MZMT or login to display Ship In Cart on the shopping cart page. As a 'work-around' I activated Free Shipping, set the Minimum Cost very high then removed the Free Shipping language defs to hide it in checkout_shipping.php.

Regards,

Eric_K

• 1 month later...

Actually no. Please help multi zones that I listed above only actually works if you don't need to export the order data into a CSV to Sage.

I am looking at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4150 and wondered if this add-on would work alongside this one, (using counties to determine delivery instead of countries.

Please please help.

Debbie Harrison

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'd like to download the MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping contribution (the full package). Can you please let me know which is the latest working version (what release date)?

Many thanks.

Hoping to hear from you,

Petre

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I should have checked the contribution page first. It seems that the latest release (full package) of the MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping module is v1.2 dated 24/08/07.

Step 2 (Installation instructions) says "Import SQL file `_install_sql/INSTALL_v1.000.sql` to your DB".

I don't have access to the MySql admin tool (it could be phpMyAdmin, but don't know for sure as someone else installed the catalog) and don't have the DB configuration details either. Is it possible to execute step 2 from the catalog's admin end? If not, what are my options, please?

Many thanks.

If I wanted a contribution so that I could charge 3 different rates depending on the customers postcode, would this be the ideal contribution for me.

One table Ill have 650 postcodes = $5 postage.

The second will be 1500 postcodes = $9

The third I am yet to decide.

I realise that it will take a while to add them in.

What are the disadvantages of such large tables in my database.

Hi,

Great contribution - I think I have got it set up and working ok to add shipping costs on for seperate zones.

However, I have a glitch on the page where a new customer sets up an account.

The zones I have set up are UK, France, Eire etc

when a customer presses submit after adding his details, password etc to set up a new account he gets an error telling him to select a state from the drop down box. If he does this everything goes OK. However the drop down box does not appear when he fisst tries to register - only after he receives the error.

What have I done wrong ?

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am wondering how to turn off the weight showing up on the shipping page. We don't use any weights, just table rates shipping based on price. So I turned off the Tare weight, and now it says that everything weighs 30 lbs. How can I turn off the showing of the weight? It confuses our clients.

Thanks,

Troy

Whoops, I am sorry, I meant to say 0 lbs, not 30.

Thanks,

Troy

Hello,

I am wondering how to turn off the weight showing up on the shipping page. We don't use any weights, just table rates shipping based on price. So I turned off the Tare weight, and now it says that everything weighs 30 lbs. How can I turn off the showing of the weight? It confuses our clients.

Thanks,

Troy

Hello,

I just got this figured out. So in case somebody else is having an issue with the 3 lbs weight problem here is what to do:

In /includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php go to this line:

'module' => constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_' . $this->delivery_geozone . '_TEXT_TITLE') . ' (' . $combined_quote_weight . ' lbs)',

and get rid of the

(' . $combined_quote_weight . ' lbs)

bit, so it looks like this:

'module' => constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_' . $this->delivery_geozone . '_TEXT_TITLE') . ' ',

And it will magically disappear!

Have a great day,

Troy

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I've managed to install the MZMT module with our v2.2 RC2 shop. Although the module looks ok in the admin area, it doesn't come up at checkout.

The built-in Flat Rate, Table Rate and Zone Rates modules seem to work fine. Does the database and/or the php files require any tweasting I wonder?

I already posted this query in a different topic (sorry about that) but have realized that most of the other topics related to the MZMT module don't get any replies. It looks like this is the only topic that offers support for the MZMT module.

We need to use weight-based rates mainly, and some countries need to be split into counties/states as within one country there is one rate that applies to one county and the other counties have a different rate.

Any ideas, please? Maybe another module that we could use instead?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

I've managed to install the MZMT module with our v2.2 RC2 shop. Although the module looks ok in the admin area, it doesn't come up at checkout.

The built-in Flat Rate, Table Rate and Zone Rates modules seem to work fine. Does the database and/or the php files require any tweaking I wonder?

I already posted this query in a different topic (sorry about that) but have realized that most of the other topics related to the MZMT module don't get any replies. It looks like this is the only topic that offers support for the MZMT module.

We need to use weight-based rates mainly, and some countries need to be split into counties/states as within one country there is one rate that applies to one county and the other counties have a different rate.

Any ideas, please? Maybe another module that we could use instead?

Thanks.

Anyone there? :blink:

Edited by Petre

Hi,

When you say it doesn't work - what errors (if any) are you getting ? what does it give at checkout ?

I use mzmt shipping - weight based, for my UK shop, whick also splits UK down into different areas, and it works fine.

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

• 1 month later...

We're running MZMT for quite some time now..

Geo Zone 1 Shipping Table 1 (US Lower 48 Residential)

1:10.95,30:11.95,50:12.95,100:0.00

Geo Zone 1 Shipping Table 2 (US lower 48 commercial)

1:7.95,30:8.95,50:9.95,100:0.00

The client wants the higher priced residential to be default.. but I see now somewhere in the coding of the module it defaults to the lower priced commercial rates.. I know this because tonight I switched the order and a quick peek on the shipping checkout page shows me the lower commercial rates still is default no matter the order of the tables..

Can someone point me to where this decision is made?? I'd like to have either nothing default or the higher priced residentail pricing.. I have done my poking around in the module's files and just can not find where it decides to make the lesser $$ option default

thanks

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

I've installed the MZMT module, but I need a little bit of help setting it up. I uploaded the Europe:All SQL to the database, and this sets up "Shp: European Union: All" folder under Tax Zone with all European countries listed. How do I now setup the rate table under "/Module/Shipping/MultiGeoZone MultiTable" for each country? For each Geo Zone, the drop down list box only lists the "Shp: European Union: All" folder and not the individual countries within the folder.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys - I hope someone can help me.

I installed MGZM, and everything seemed to work fine

i set the shipping charge to be by weight

When i go to checkout in the delivery confirmation, the shipping amount is correct

but when i go to the confirmation with the totals, the shipping is doubled.

No matter how little or how much items there are, the delivery page will be correct but the shipping total doubled.

Can someone help :(

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have the contribution running since quite some time now. All works perfectly.

Now I need to make a slight alteration to the way the charges are calculated. I hope someone can point me in the right direction:

1. The shop prices are all in USD and USD is the default currency in osc

2. The shipping rates are charged in local currency by the postal service (e.g. AUD)

Now the problem:

In order to adjust the shipping rates to the changing USD currency in relation to the local currency automatically I would need a way for MGZMT to automatically multiply/divide the entered shipping rate by the in OSC set exchange rate (e.g. USD=1.0000, AUD=1.40000 so the shipping rate would need to be divided by 1.4 as set in OSC)

Can someone recommend an easy solution?

Thanks

Edited by Idefix_SIN

• 2 weeks later...

Can a method be disabled for packages over a certain weight?

example, we have 2 shipping methods:

-Normal Post for smaller items that fits thru a mailslot

-Parcel Post for larger items

So say once the weight is over say 250grams I want the Normal Post method to disappear all together, leaving on the option for Parcel Post

Has anyone achieved anything similar?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys !

just installed MZMT on my shop. I have set up the zones nicely in the configuration, and here is my set up in the modules (the weight in counted in grams) :

Multiple geo zone shipping with multiple tables to each geo zone.

Enable MultiRegion MultiTable Method

True

Tax Class

--none--

Sort Order

Geo Zone 1

SHP-ZONE_A

Geo Zone 1 Table Method

weight

Geo Zone 1 Handling Fee

Geo Zone 1 Shipping Table 1

500:15.30,1000:22.60

Geo Zone 2

SHP-ZONE_B

Geo Zone 2 Table Method

weight

Geo Zone 2 Handling Fee

Geo Zone 2 Shipping Table 1

500:23.60,1000:34.50

Geo Zone 3

SHP-ZONE_C

Geo Zone 3 Table Method

weight

Geo Zone 3 Handling Fee

Geo Zone 3 Shipping Table 1

500:30.60,1000:48.10

:ph34r: When I test it with a fake account coming based in Zone_A, however, I get ...

"Shipping Method

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

Speedpost Express (22 g)

2 to 3 working days S$0.00"

So it pulls out the shipping method required, but it fails to show the correct shipping fee (in this case that would be 15.30 SGD).

Any idea what I got wrong here ? :blush: thanks !

Flo

Edited by augustinparis

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

can someone help me out here.

I want to install this contribution, so I uploaded the files within the "FULL VERSION" compressed file, and when triing to add the sql details to the DB, I get the folowing error:

2afzs6t.jpg

what should I do to get rid of it?

thanks

"The Breath becomes a stone; the stone, a plant; the plant, an animal; the animal, a man; the man, a spirit; and the spirit, a God."

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Ive installed the MGMT :D module.

Ive set up the geo zones and the tables.

But when I go to checkout I just get " This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order. United Parcel Service (UPS) (3 lbs)"

Which is pretty weird as I never installed a UPS module! Or is there one included?

either way I'm thoroughly confused, I must have made a major balls up somwhere.

but I cant figure out where. Any ideas how this might have happened.

any help at all would be much apprecheated.

Hi,

Ive installed the MGMT :D module.

Ive set up the geo zones and the tables.

But when I go to checkout I just get " This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order. United Parcel Service (UPS) (3 lbs)"

Which is pretty weird as I never installed a UPS module! Or is there one included?

either way I'm thoroughly confused, I must have made a major balls up somwhere.

but I cant figure out where. Any ideas how this might have happened.

any help at all would be much apprecheated.

Ok for any other idiots out there like me. make sure you are using table one

on MZMT in admin and not handeling fees, for your price or weight input. :blush:

Also adjust- modules/shipping/MZMT.php

and isert your shipping title

adjust this line:

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_TEXT_TITLE', 'PUT YOUR SHIPPING TITLE HERE');

Edited by Medibot3D

Just a cautionary note to newbies like me - make sure you check your standard store shipping/packaging options under Configuration > Shipping/Packaging in admin. I was getting weird shipping prices, then found these default values and changed them and the prices were ok. "Package Tare weight" was set to '3' by default and that was adding 3 units to the weight of any product, and I think the "Larger Packages - percentage increase" field was set to 10% and was also screwing it up. Might want to set the maximum package shipping weight to something higher too.