• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[support]?MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module

dreamscape

• 1 month later...

Looks ideal for my needs - however having real trouble installing it.

Followed the install instructions, ran the install SQL ans the Europe SQL, copied the 2 files to the site but cannot get the configuration->MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping bit to show - I need to add a 4th zone - no congfig setting appear - no error are shown.

Anyone have any ideas??

Cheers

Looks ideal for my needs - however having real trouble installing it.

Followed the install instructions, ran the install SQL ans the Europe SQL, copied the 2 files to the site but cannot get the configuration->MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping bit to show - I need to add a 4th zone - no congfig setting appear - no error are shown.

Anyone have any ideas??

Cheers

Hello Sean,

I just downloaded the files to figure out what you were talking about. I think you forgot to run the other SQL file that has the following statement.

REMEMBER... BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE DOING ANY CHANGE. BACK UP YOUR DATABASE BEFORE TRYING THIS...

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES ('', 'MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping', 'The options which configure the MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module', '1', '1');

UPDATE configuration_group SET sort_order = last_insert_id() WHERE configuration_group_id = last_insert_id();

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Number of Geo Zones', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_NUMBER_GEOZONES', '3', 'The number of shipping geo zones.', last_insert_id(), '0', NULL, now(), NULL, NULL),
							 ('', 'Number of Tables per Geo Zone', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_NUMBER_TABLES', '3', 'The number of shipping tables per geo zone.', last_insert_id(), '0', NULL, now(), NULL, NULL);

Let me know if it works! :P

Hello Sean,

I just downloaded the files to figure out what you were talking about. I think you forgot to run the other SQL file that has the following statement.

Cheers

I did that - just looked at the Admin again and there are 2 entries for 'MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping' - one just under 'My Store' and the other at the end of the list - the second one works! How do I get rid of the first one (and how did it get there...)?

Cheers

I did that - just looked at the Admin again and there are 2 entries for 'MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping' - one just under 'My Store' and the other at the end of the list - the second one works! How do I get rid of the first one (and how did it get there...)?

LOL... good question. I believe you will have to play around with your database. DO it cautiously and back up first :P

LOL... good question. I believe you will have to play around with your database. DO it cautiously and back up first :P

Yeah, that's what I thought too... not urgent at the moment so will have a look later - thanks for the reply.

I've got a strange issue. As I understand it, this should be correct for the Handling field:

0:2.50,6:3.50,7:5.50,10:6.50

But shipping shows up as $0.00

If I change it to:

3:2.50,6:3.50,7:5.50,10:6.50

Shipping shows up at $3.00

That's using weight, price, or count, 2 lbs or 11, 20 items or 1, item total of $3 or $119 - no change.

I've reinstalled, triple-checked my tables, everything. It's accepting the first value in the list as the cost of the shipping no matter what.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

although I'm not very good & php, i'm even worse at mysql, and most importantly, I have almost no posts on my name (which seems to decrease the importance to help one out in this forum), because I know to little to help out others, and just reply in order to accumulate posts seems ridiculous...

However, with lots of patience i read and reread comments on this forum, as not to bother the geniuses because im too lazy to search for answers.

I have basicly a fully working shop, with lots of add ons, and all works fine, so thank you everyone for that.

Frankly speaking, the Mysql part of the geo zones contrib, seems too poorly documented, for someone with less then decent mysql knowledge to figure out.

A bit of MS Access experience helped me, concerning the linked fields and so on.

I have another problem here which I absolutely cannot figure out, and as far as I can see, I don't find anyone having such a issue:

I'm offering free shipping from a certain amount of money, but this amount varies per zone, and if this amount is not attained, the shipping charges also vary per zone.

For example:

shipping to Belgium (=zone 1) cost 10 euro, but is free if buying over 150 euro.

shipping to England (=zone 2) cost 20 euro, buts is free if buying over 300 euro.

In the geo part of the admin the syntaxis should be as follows (i added the $ symbol to make it clearer):

Geo Zone 1

Shp:Zone_1

Geo Zone 1 Table Method

price

Geo Zone 1 Handling Fee

Geo Zone 1 Shipping Table 1

150:$10,25000:$0

Geo Zone 2

Shp:Zone_2

Geo Zone 2 Table Method

price

Geo Zone 2 Handling Fee

Geo Zone 2 Shipping Table 1

300:$20,25000:$0

When I test it, i.e. I set my profile to zone1, it will do the exact opposite, meaning till 150 euro it will be free, and from 150 euro it will charge me 10 euo.

The same opposite happens when I change my buyers profile to zone to with its respective shipping prices.

The following part is the one that drives me insane.

As It was doing by all the zones the exact opposite, I decided to change them around:

150:$0,25000:$0 became 150:$10,25000:$10

Guess what? It stayed the opposite, instead of taking the opposites opposite, which would mean the correct values.

Any idea anyone?

What puzzles me the most, is how does it know to always make the opposite, even if I switch the input?

Solved, but, documentation is very confusing:

by other shipping methods if you state as a first step .5 it means automatically from 0 -.5 , but not here.

i this contrib, .5 would mean from .5 upwards...

Again very confusing as the other shipping methods work the other way round.

Solved, but, documentation is very confusing:

by other shipping methods if you state as a first step .5 it means automatically from 0 -.5 , but not here.

i this contrib, .5 would mean from .5 upwards...

Again very confusing as the other shipping methods work the other way round.

Thanks for a great contribute. Will (hopefully) make my life easyer.

I have some questions though.

How does it work with different languages and currencies? I guess I need to place the mzmt.php in all languages/module/shipping folders And change the language?

How do I change the (lbs)?

Will it change to the right currency, or do I need to work some magic?

Thanks again! Love the idea of the multi zone..

Sincerely,

SimonSay

Thanks for a great contribute. Will (hopefully) make my life easyer.

I have some questions though.

How does it work with different languages and currencies? I guess I need to place the mzmt.php in all languages/module/shipping folders And change the language?

How do I change the (lbs)?

Will it change to the right currency, or do I need to work some magic?

Thanks again! Love the idea of the multi zone..

Sincerely,

SimonSay

The lbs stands for the standard weight you choose, by me it's kg.

in usps.php on line 91

'module' => $this->title . ' (' . $shipping_num_boxes . ' x ' . $shipping_weight . 'lbs)');

in mzmt.php on line 52 - 53

(' . $combined_quote_weight . ' lbs)',

hope this helps.

The lbs stands for the standard weight you choose, by me it's kg.

in usps.php on line 91

'module' => $this->title . ' (' . $shipping_num_boxes . ' x ' . $shipping_weight . 'lbs)');

in mzmt.php on line 52 - 53

(' . $combined_quote_weight . ' lbs)',

hope this helps.

Thanks!

Exactly what I needed!

And the mzmt module change the currency also. GREAT!. And Works with different languages, except when I choose English then all the prices drop to 0. Both the shipping and the price for the product.

It is a clean installation of oscommerse except for the Swedish language and the mzmt module.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Exactly what I needed!

And the mzmt module change the currency also. GREAT!. And Works with different languages, except when I choose English then all the prices drop to 0. Both the shipping and the price for the product.

It is a clean installation of oscommerse except for the Swedish language and the mzmt module.

Any Ideas?

When I switch the "Switch To Default Language Currency" to true the English language drop all prices to 0. But both The Swedish krona and the other contries that use EURO has got the right price. Only the English that drop to 0. Wierd!!

When I set the "Switch To Default Language Currency" to false, the English works like a charm..

Edited by SimonSay

When I set the "Switch To Default Language Currency" to false, the English works like a charm..

Does that mean that you are okay now?

By the way use a program like editplus so that you can search in all files in one shot, for example for "lbs" or so.

download it here.

enjoy.

Edited by yesitshere

The language file does not tell the module how many geo zones you have. You have to define this in Admin -> Configuration -> MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping

Dear Dreamscape:

Hello,i am the newbie,i meet the some problem for use the MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module,i did install ,but it has some problem,can not set,i don't know where is the mistake,i operate them as below:

1.i use the oscommerce V2.2rc2,dowload the zip file and get the file MZMT_Shipping_v1.2,in the MZMT_Shipping_v1.2,it total have four folders and one file:

1.folder(catalog);

2.folder(geo_zones_sql),

3.file folder(Install Docs);

4.file folder(_install_sql);

5.file(LICENSE),is it right?

2.in the MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping readme,it tell us 1.Copy files from `catalog` to your osCommerce installation.so we should only copy the file from folder(catalog) or other to osCommerce installation folder??? i copy all the file from the folder(catalog),folder(geo_zones_sql),file folder(_install_sql) to osCommerce installation folder;is it right?

3.Import SQL file `_install_sql/INSTALL_v1.000.sql` to your DB:it is only put the "INSTALL_v1.000.sql from _install_sql folder to the database or also need put ohter file to the database? i only put the INSTALL_v1.000.sql to the database,is it right?

4.Setup Pre-configuration from Admin -> Configuration -> MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping:when i did same as below,i did not find the list:Admin -> Configuration -> MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping,where is my mistake?

5.Setup shipping Geo Zones (see "SETTING UP GEOZONES" section of the README file) ,i don't know how to set up the Geo Zones,i did see the README file,but can not understand,where can i set up the Geo Zones and how to set up,pls teach me the detail,thanks!

6.Install & setup module from Admin -> Modules -> Shipping -> MultiGeoZone MultiTable:when i did same as the 2 and 3 step,i can see this,and when i click the install button,it show as below:

MultiGeoZone MultiTable

Remove(button) Edit(button)

Multiple geo zone shipping with multiple tables to each geo zone.

Enable MultiRegion MultiTable Method

True

Tax Class

United States

Sort Order

but it is strange,in the "Enable MultiRegion MultiTable Method",it shows MultiRegion not the Multiple Geozone,i don't know why?

i am the newbie,so maybe the problem is very easy to you,pls help me and teach me how to do,thank you very much!

• 3 weeks later...

Please help to fix this.

I'm getting confused since MultiGeoZone MultiTable automatically adds 3 to every my product's weight.

So if my product's weight is 0 it becomes 3 in the checkout, if it's 1 it becomes 4, and so on.

Aldian Prakoso - Blog Monetization Strategist

Please help to fix this.

I'm getting confused since MultiGeoZone MultiTable automatically adds 3 to every my product's weight.

So if my product's weight is 0 it becomes 3 in the checkout, if it's 1 it becomes 4, and so on.

Nevermind. Already fixed it in tare weight. Reset the default value from 3 to 0.

Aldian Prakoso - Blog Monetization Strategist

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,i did install MultiGeoZone MultiTable,but now i don't know how to set up my shipping charge,i need set up different coutries,different ship charges,for example:0.5kg-30usd,1kg-35usd,when the weight add 0.5kg,the ship charge will add usd 5,when the weight is reach to 20kg,the ship charge is change to usd10 for per kg,if the weight is above 20kg,the ship charge is usd 8 for per kg,pls help me to set up,thanks![

Hello,i did install MultiGeoZone MultiTable,but now i don't know how to set up my shipping charge,i need set up different coutries,different ship charges,for example:0.5kg-30usd,1kg-35usd,when the weight add 0.5kg,the ship charge will add usd 5,when the weight is reach to 20kg,the ship charge is change to usd10 for per kg,if the weight is above 20kg,the ship charge is usd 8 for per kg,pls help me to set up,thanks![

Here is an excerpt of my config which should be pretty much what you are looking for:

Multiple geo zone shipping with multiple tables to each geo zone.

Enable MultiRegion MultiTable Method True

Tax Class Normal Goods ( whatever you have named your tax class)

Sort Order

*************Example for a GEO Zone (BeNeLux)

Geo Zone 1 Shp:BeNeLux

Geo Zone 1 Table Method weight

Geo Zone 1 Handling Fee

Geo Zone 1 Shipping Table 1

0.01:7.56302521008403,15:10.924369747899159663865,25:14.2857142857142857142857,3

2:25.2100840336134

This means:

For every good from 0.01 kg up to < 15 kg customers have to pay 7.5630...* Tax (value from "Normal Goods")

For order from 15kg to < 25kg they have to pay 10.924369... * Tax

and so on...

Do that for every Shipping Region you want to have.

Hope that helps.

This thread is for support of my MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module.

Download From:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2571

Announcements regarding this module:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119084

Hi,

I'm looking for any contribution for there is a basic rate for first kg for each zone, then $5 for additional kg. Just wondering if your contribution works with it? Thanks in advance!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was getting an error when trying to use the Order Editor Contribution v5.0.6.6 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1435) with the MultiZone MultiTable Shipping Module.

When I tried edit an order on a server which was running PHP 5.2.6, I got the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function show_total() on a non-object in /catalog/includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php on line 137

Both Jim Keebaugh and Robert Fisher were kind enough to help me solve this problem, so thank you to both.

All it involves is editing this file: catalog/includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php

And REPLACING the function determineShipping($table_cost)

So REPLACE the entire function to this:

function determineShipping($table_cost) {
  global $shipping_num_boxes;

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($table_cost); $i<$n; $i+=2) {
	if ($this->order_total >= $table_cost[$i]) {
	  $shipping_factor = $table_cost[$i+1];
	}
  }

if (substr_count($shipping_factor, '%') > 0) {
	$shipping = ((($this->order_total*10)/10)*((str_replace('%', '', $shipping_factor))/100));
  } else {
	$shipping = str_replace('$', '', $shipping_factor);
  }

if ($this->geozone_mode == 'weight') {
	$shipping = $shipping * $shipping_num_boxes;
  }

return $shipping;
}

Thank you again for your help. Fix also posted as v1.21 on the contribution page.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have merely looked at your contribution and wondered if it would work for what I'd like to do.

basically I need 2 options: 1 for delivery to UK mainland at £x and another for UK Islands and Ireland for £x.xx.

Would this contribution work for what I have outlined or am I barking up the wrong tree? (arf arf) .

Debbie Harrison