• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where is the Weight/Price table stored?

renrutkram

My client has a need to charge a few hundred--literally--different rates based on weight. Will the existing table handle that much?

With the following example showing three rates, how many will it hold?

For example:

15:8.50,50:5.50,10000:0.00 = three rates

it is a mysql database, however many you want to enter, etc will work. who does the client use for shippng? might be able to just pull their rates via a contribution, etc

I should have been more clear. I know it is in an SQL db, but, where? What table is what I meant.

To answer your next question, what service they are using wont matter in this case. They are padding the shipping costs, and there is no rhyme or reason to the pattern.

Anymore help would be appreciated.

it is a mysql database, however many you want to enter, etc will work.  who does the client use for shippng?  might be able to just pull their rates via a contribution, etc

However many you want to enter will work, provided you use a very large ending total amount. If I leave off the 10000 I get a 0.00 shipping rate anything over 200.00

Table Rate 

Enable Table Method
True

Shipping Table
5:2.50,15:5.50,30:7.95,60:9.95,90:12.95,120:16.95,160:20.95,200:24.95,10000:30.95

Table Method
price

Handling Fee

Tax Class
--none--

Shipping Zone
--none--

Sort Order

Hugs

I know it is in an SQL db, but, where?  What table is what I meant.
It's in the configuration table, in a varchar(255), so no, you don't have unlimited options. With a pattern such as 10:9.99 , you'll get a few dozen rates at most. You could set up everything in a .ini file and load it in the shipping module.

Christian Lescuyer