• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mypowergear.com

great site!  i had no speed problems.  everything loaded fairly quickly.  i like the color scheme and the whole site in gernal.  has a very non-stock oscommerce look to it.  got a question for you though.  how did you change the product name to the color blue and while keeping the price font black?  for example here:

http://mypowergear.com/controller-cards-fi...-c-596_599.html

i thought they shared the same productlisting-data class.

they don't, product name is a link and the price isnt.

Thanks for taking a look at my site!

Paul

• 1 month later...
tweaked and tweaked some more... please visit and comment... be brutal!  :lol:

Take 2 steps out of your checkout process and streamline your site, and its easy!

Get rid of the "Welcome Please Sign In" Page, this page stops people in their tracks and will hurt your sales.

Use this to take the "Welcome Please Sign In" Page and the "Account Created Success" Page out of your checkout process but still collect all their info and create an account or to "Sign In" if they already have an account.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...60entry598660

Check it out :thumbsup:

Best part is you still get all the information you want to collect, it still creates an account and it is still located in the Admin Control Panel under Customers :D

My Favorite Quote from a movie.

Question: How do you know women sooo well?

Answer: I think of a man, then take away reason and accountability.

I like you site you have done a great job, nice colours and clean images, not sure about the small icons but thats upto you, i agree with keith get rid of the welcome part.

Well done and good luck

Ps where did you find the link to us part?

Take 2 steps out of your checkout process and streamline your site, and its easy!

Get rid of the "Welcome Please Sign In" Page, this page stops people in their tracks and will hurt your sales.

Use this to take the "Welcome Please Sign In" Page and the "Account Created Success" Page out of your checkout process but still collect all their info and create an account or to "Sign In" if they already have an account.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...60entry598660

Check it out  :thumbsup:

Best part is you still get all the information you want to collect, it still creates an account and it is still located in the Admin Control Panel under Customers  :D

Thank you! I'm looking into that right now and will implement it on the site. I actually was thinking that but I didn't know how to do it. I didn't see any contributions for it. I only have the Purchase Without Account contribution installed. Hey, can you re-post that link... it's not a valid link. Thanks again!

I like you site you have done a great job, nice colours and clean images, not sure about the small icons but thats upto you, i agree with keith get rid of the welcome part.

Well done and good luck

Ps where did you find the link to us part?

Thanks! Which small icons were you talking about? <_<

And as for the link to us part was home-made using unlimited information contribution.

Thanks again!

I was informed that the link didn't work so here are the instructions.

Open up checkout_payment.php and find:

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$navigation->set_snapshot();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

}

Change it to:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));

}

Then:

In checkout_shipping.php change:

To:

and if you want to get rid of the "Account Created Success" window that pops up after they create their account do this:

In create_account.php

Change

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));

to

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));

this will remove the thank you message after account creation to speed up checkout. You no longer see create_account_success.php, it goes right to shipping.

With this process you have just removed 2 steps from the lengthy cart process, and removed the Dreaded "Become a Member" Page that scares of potential customers, and you still get them to sign in and get them to create the account.

Is this great or what? :thumbsup:

My Favorite Quote from a movie.

Question: How do you know women sooo well?

Answer: I think of a man, then take away reason and accountability.

I was informed that the link didn't work so here are the instructions.

Open up checkout_payment.php and find:

}

Change it to:

}

Then:

In checkout_shipping.php change:

To:

and if you want to get rid of the "Account Created Success" window that pops up after they create their account do this:

In create_account.php

Change

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));

to

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));

this will remove the thank you message after account creation to speed up checkout. You no longer see create_account_success.php, it goes right to shipping.

With this process you have just removed 2 steps from the lengthy cart process, and removed the Dreaded "Become a Member" Page that scares of potential customers, and you still get them to sign in and get them to create the account.

Is this great or what?  :thumbsup:

It is GREAT! I've done it already thank you very very much!

love your site. The only off putting thing is the typo on the first page

you have

" Choose from thousands of computer parts; hardware and software. CPU, Montherboard, Memory, Sound Card, Graphics Cards, Peripherals, LCD Monitors and more at lower prices! "

Motherboard is wrong.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

what skin did you use for your shop ????

no, no skins here.. i had one installed when i first started because i was looking for a professional feel to the site... then i thought, i don't want to have the same site as someone else's site. So i started tweaking and tweaking the stylesheet and customize layout of the pages.. to get the unique design of my own.

good luck.

I need some one with a MAC to view my site.. I think that's the only test I didnt do..

maybe any post from here on out, please include your browser and your os too.

many many thanks!

oh, tell me if you like the 'loading splash'... i decided to add that on because some categories load pretty darn slow (working on it). that way the customer does not think that site is not working and i think they will give it couple more seconds before leaving.

Hi!

there is a contribution for multiple stores that share a shopping cart.

If you just want to group your items, why not use the categories?  You can have multiple nested categories.  Look at my own test site.

Really?.. that is great! I've been looking for it, do you mind post the contribution link on here? I can only find the one that does not share the cart.

this is a great news!!

many thanks!!

:D

Here is the thread regarding the multi-store contribution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=70365&hl=

I still think that if you have only those two categories, you should use the categories in oscommerce.  Am I missing something?

mmm, i shouldn't have just to categories... i have about 40 and Multi-Store method will give me optimization on performance and flexibility to further customize looks and feel of each "store".. these are only couple benefits out of many that i can foresee.

does that make since to you now? ;)

that contribution you refered me to has not been modified so that shopping cart can be shared. I know it can be done, but what i need is 'how' it could be done.

That is just plain ridiculous.

I consider 5-10 queries per page and 0.01 to 0.03 secs page parse time just about acceptable (on a shared server)

I hope you are not expecting too many visitors at once, cos your site won't last long with those sort of stats.

That is just plain ridiculous.

I consider 5-10 queries per page and 0.01 to 0.03 secs page parse time just about acceptable (on a shared server)

I hope you are not expecting too many visitors at once, cos your site won't last long with those sort of stats.

i know i know, and i'm still trying to fix it! Thanks

Updated:

Depth of buttons and box heading.

Modified new_products module+ez_new_fields to display products on index.php and product_info.php (instead of xsell mod) according to current category.

Also randomize the mod above.

Updated Rebate Center

Fixed header_tag to display description of products correctly.. still not resolved though. <_<

Switched to original category menu. DHTML that was installed seemed to have effected SE results... waiting to see improvement after this switch... :huh:

I think that is all.. for now

Can you please tell me if the color scheme of the site make you say "oooh, wow..purtie.." or "i'm getting out of here, my eyes hurt" or other reactions?

You know, we tend to be blinded b/c of self envy or something.. i need your input of looks 'n feel.

Thanks a bunch!

I tell you what I'd love to know:

How the heck did you get the descriptions from DandH to re-size with the window size??? We cannot get that to work. The text won't wrap, it kicks my right column off into la la land, and it just looks a mess.

Anyway, your site was really, really slow just now. Not sure if that's a normal thing for you, I hope not!

Other than that, I think the site is pretty slick. The colors don't hurt my eyes or anything. Nice job!

"People tell me I have an inferiority complex. They must be right; after all, they are all smarter than me."

I'd love to know how you are intending to implement any sort of non-trivial "fraud detection" without the massive resources a good payment processor has...

Quote:

"In part of this persute"

What is a "persute?"

Your first step in this _pursuit_ should be to sort your cookie domain and paths so the session ID does not appear in the URLs, as this can be a security risk in itself.

I don't think the green is quite appropriate (and the white text on it certainly isn't - too hard to read)

Please change the default yellow highlight on your page links - it looks nasty.

Otherwise, not a bad job!

Archived