osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Okay, let it rip, judge my site

dlow54

hmmmm :blink:

wow what can i say, thought id stepped back to the eary 90's

awful buttons, FRAMES!! OMG they gotta go and go now five minutes work

mismatch all over the place , that new frontpage image parrot thingy

i went to sleep came back in the morning and finally it had loaded and im on 1m cable!

the catalog bit doesnt match at all

awww i gotta stop i could go on all day

keep working on it, my advise delete the lot start again:D and thats being polite

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya. I'd say well done for having a go. I'm not sure your site is terribly search engine friendly - try http://www.webconfs.com/search-engine-spider-simulator.php to see what spiders see. It's..... nothing at all.

And, like somebody else said, your banner graphic is almost 1Mb! That's nuts, frankly. It's aspect ratio looks messed up too, as the bird looks like the steamroller won... :D

Content-wise, the plural of "fundraiser" is "fundraisers", not "fundraiser's". The line spacing changes between the 2nd and 3rd lines. You also say "phone of email" where it should be "phone or email". I also love the phrase "live assistants Monday - Friday" - are the assistants dead outside these hours? :D

Catalog button link is broken...About Us does nothing...Why does "more Trophies" come before "trophies"? I think opening the PDU site in a frame is a bit, well, ugh. If you have to, I'd make it look like an off site link and open it in a new window (oh, and warn the visitor that that's what'll happen). Lots of broken links everywhere, so I guess you have more work to do.

The banners page graphic is 120K plus. A bit big perhaps? Also, no info on the file formats you'd accept, whether you want color separations etc. I'm in the market for one of these, and probably wouldn't bother to contact you by phone when others make all the info available.

Not that my work-in-progress is much better, but it doesn't look like you've figured out WHY you want this site. I believe that sitting down with a piece of paper and figuring out what your products are, what attributes they have, what ordering info you need etc. etc. is crucial for making ANY website flow well. If want an info site today, with online cc ordering later, you could always just use the check/money order payment module for now. But, really, figure out your product catalog first.

Best of luck,

Ian

Okay , let it rip,  Let out all the fustration,  I will close my eyes when I read the screen ,  thanks

good luck

www.54graphics.com

Archived