• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quotes in Cart

prof3ta

Hi,

My boss wants me to have the FEDEX and AIRBORNE shipping costs in the cart without having to log in to the store. SO basically just input your zip code.

I've installed the Ship in Cart module by Acheron and it works perfect. It quotes for both Airborne and Fedex in my shopping cart. The only problem is customers have to be logged in, and I though it'd be cool to have the customer just type in their zip code and produce the costs that way. So I went in and tweaked Acheron's code and I got it to quote for Fedex in a really ugly way... but not for Airborne.

Anyhow, I'm sure there's contribs out there that do this for you, but I havent found them yet. I would like to code my own but I'm taking too long and need to have this finished ASAP (my boss you know...). If any of you can shine a light on what to do or where to go it'll be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Oh and you can check my *almost* working code at www.flukerstore.com , just add something to your cart and enter your zip code.

My approach would be to add the entered zipcode to the session. Just as products in the cart are added to the session: you don't need to login to add products to the cart. I haven't looked at any code how to do that though.

My approach would be to add the entered zipcode to the session. Just as products in the cart are added to the session: you don't need to login to add products to the cart. I haven't looked at any code how to do that though.

That's actually what I'm doing and it's kinda working. The problem is for some reason I can only seem to get quotes for fedex ... you can see an example at www.flukerstore.com . Just add something to the cart and enter your zipcode. >_<

the dhl/airborne module also needs the zone_id in addition to the postalcode ;)

add a state input and you should be set ;)

PS. Also make sure you're giving it the country information as well (but I think the ship in cart does this by default, just does not give postalcode or zone_id)

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

the dhl/airborne module also needs the zone_id in addition to the postalcode ;)

add a state input and you should be set ;)

PS.  Also make sure you're giving it the country information as well (but I think the ship in cart does this by default, just does not give postalcode or zone_id)

oh man thanks... leave it to dreamscape to solve it all!

yeah i hardcoded the country information to the US id cause thats the only place we ship.

THANKS!