• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Unique Attributes

Mibble,

I tried to respond to your PM but it wouldn't deliver. The answers are, no option selection on the product page. Yes, but I'd prefer to give it to you over PM, which bounced.

ed

• 3 months later...

Tom,

It doesn't support it as I don't need that functionality.

Does anyone use this contrib? I've added attribute sorting and I'm looking at adding Option type support (Text, radio buttons, etc.). If anyone is actually using it, I'll release an update. Otherwise, not.

Thanks,

Ed

Tom,

It doesn't support it as I don't need that functionality.

Does anyone use this contrib?  I've added attribute sorting and I'm looking at adding Option type support (Text, radio buttons, etc.).  If anyone is actually using it, I'll release an update.  Otherwise, not.

Thanks,

Ed

Ed,

I have it installed and been using it,, I actually love it.

I am, however,, in a bind to get something figured out about downloadable products as i have customers waiting to order a couple of things till i can figure out how to get it in there.

They wont wait long,, so i am pulling hair trying to compair and look,,, but again,, I do love it, and would love to continue using it.

Regards

Tom

Ed,

I just wanted to let you know that your mod dont stop the downloads from working once they are set up.

so, with this said, i, a none programer, am trying to pick my way through figuring out how to ad a new section to add the information to Products_attributes_download table, and if i can,, i am going to keep using your mod, and i am sure some others would as well as this is a wonderful addition.

If i can figure this out, I will be interested in the update you are in the process of putting together

Regards

Tom

Ed, Im sorry to post again so fast.

but yes,, i am interested. i resolved the issue, I simply added back in the access to the old product attribute manager that came stock with osc, so that when i do have products that have download, i can go into it to set up the file.

Thanks

Tom

• 4 weeks later...

Fatal Error Problem with Unique Attributes Contrib, Please help! I am getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /var/www/public_html/paulreth/html/oscommerce/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 673

when click on categories/products.

I just added the Unique Attributes and it is showing up under catalog and seems to be functioning fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

Fatal Error Problem with Unique Attributes Contrib, Please help!  I am getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /var/www/public_html/paulreth/html/oscommerce/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 673

when click on categories/products.

I just added the Unique Attributes and it is showing up under catalog and seems to be functioning fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

Line 673 says:

$cInfo_array = tep_array_merge($categories, $category_childs, $category_products);

Thank you Ed!  I just had to delete one more tep on line 707 and it works great.  Your the best!

Have a great day!

Paul

Hello Ed,

I just went into OsCommerce to try to add some more attributes and I don't know how now. Am I able to add attributes once I use the attribute manager? How can I do this?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul,

You should have 3 entries under admin->Catalog:

- Product Options

- Option Values

- Attribute Manager

These coorespond functionally to the upper-left, upper-right, and bottom of the stock Product Attributes page under admin->Catalog.

ed

Paul,

You should have 3 entries under admin->Catalog:

- Product Options

- Option Values

- Attribute Manager

These coorespond functionally to the upper-left, upper-right, and bottom of the stock Product Attributes page under admin->Catalog.

ed

My Catalog say:

Categories/Products

*Attributes Manager

Easy Populate

Man

Rev

Sp

Prod Ex

Did I load the contrib wrong? How can I correct this.

Thanks.

Paul

Paul,

You'll have to go back through the instructions. There's 2 parts. The first is to install the Attribute Manager contribution. Instead of re-writing it, I just included another contribution and modified it. The second part is to add my new stuff, modify a few existing admin files, and modify the Attribute Manager contrib.

Since you don't see, Product Options and Option Values, you've missed a step or two.

ed

Paul,

You'll have to go back through the instructions.? There's 2 parts.? The first is to install the Attribute Manager contribution.? Instead of re-writing it, I just included another contribution and modified it.? The second part is to add my new stuff, modify a few existing admin files, and modify the Attribute Manager contrib.

Since you don't see, Product Options and Option Values, you've missed a step or two.

ed

Hello Ed,

Went through the install again and I don't know how to do #4

4) Update table products_options using:

unique_attributes.sql

Note: column product_attributes_comment is also created by another

contribution. The use is the same so I'm reusing it. BUT, if

you already have that column, don't add it again, obviously.

I went to my catalog and attributes manager and click on edit and I get:

Warning: Missing argument 3 for checkattribute() in /var/www/public_html/paulreth/html/oscommerce/catalog/admin/new_attributes_functions.php on line 3

line 3 say:

$backLink = "<a href=\"java script:history.back()\">";

Thanks for your help in advance.

Paul

Edited by abbey

Paul,

The unique_attributes.sql file has SQL code to update the database. You will need to go into phpMyAdmin (or whatever DB admin tool you use). In there, you can browse your hard drive for unique_attributes.sql, and then execute it. This will update the database.

However, I'm creating a column called products_options_comment. This is also a column used by another contrib for exactly the same purpose. So, check your products_options table to see if it is already there. If it is, delete that line in the sql file. Otherwise, don't do anything.

Note: If my directions say "products_attributes_comment", it should say "products_options_comment".

ed

Paul,

The unique_attributes.sql file has SQL code to update the database.  You will need to go into phpMyAdmin (or whatever DB admin tool you use).  In there, you can browse your hard drive for unique_attributes.sql, and then execute it.  This will update the database.

However, I'm creating a column called products_options_comment.  This is also a column used by another contrib for exactly the same purpose.  So, check your products_options table to see if it is already there.  If it is, delete that line in the sql file.  Otherwise, don't do anything.

Note:  If my directions say "products_attributes_comment", it should say "products_options_comment".

ed

Hello Ed,

I think that I am getting close. I must have missed a few steps because now I have everything in the Catalog that you mentioned.

When I click on Product Options and then edit I get:

1054 - Unknown column 'products_options_unique_name' in 'field list'

select products_options_name, products_options_unique_name, products_options_comment, products_options_link from products_options where products_options_id = '3' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

When I click on Option Values I get the same error.

Thanks again, this contrib looks awesome! Very complex!

Paul

Paul,

That's one of those fields that should have been created in the database.  Try doing the sql step again.

ed

Did the sql step again and I still get:

1054 - Unknown column 'products_options_comment' in 'field list'

select products_options_name, products_options_unique_name, products_options_comment, products_options_link from products_options where products_options_id = '1' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Paul

Paul,

Have you checked that products_options_comments (check those s's) is in table products_options after the .sql file is run? Be sure to check the spelling.

ed

Paul,

Have you checked that products_options_comments (check those s's) is in table products_options after the .sql file is run?? Be sure to check the spelling.

ed

Under Product Options I have Option Display Name, Option Unique Name, Option Comment, Option Link, and Action.

Option Values seem to be working fine.

Is this right? Do I need to change anything? Where?

Thanks.

Paul

Edited by abbey

Paul,

I'm talking about the column names in the database. The error message:

1054 - Unknown column 'products_options_comment' in 'field list'

select products_options_name, products_options_unique_name, products_options_comment, products_options_link from products_options where products_options_id = '1' and language_id = '1'

suggests that the seledt statement in the code tried to get data from column products_options_comment in table products_options and it couldn't find that column. The .sql file was supposed to add that column to the table. You need to verify that it is there in the database.

ed

Paul,

I'm talking about the column names in the database.  The error message:

suggests that the seledt statement in the code tried to get data from column products_options_comment in table products_options and it couldn't find that column.  The .sql file was supposed to add that column to the table.  You need to verify that it is there in the database.

ed

Hello Ed,

Think that I finally worked it out with LOTS of help from you, thank you so much! The problem was the comment line field was not loading into sql. I had to go back and erase the two other lines and then load in the comment line by itself. Seems that everything is working right now, knock on wood. Very nice contribution and I look forward to many years of flawless operation.

Thank you for your quick replies and your patience!

Paul