• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

which payment gateway shall I choose

xiexie

Okay, I've found the answer. The customer does not need to sign up for 2checkout to make payment. That'll be the processor I'm going for too.. if only their signup page works..

My personal opinion- I didn't like 2Checkout because they only settle twice a month, as opposed to 48 hours like a regular merchant account. Plus I was never able to get the 2CO module functioning properly and at the time I tried it, I was told the problem was on 2CO's end and they had no workaround back then. I guess they do now?

I was using PayPal for a while to process payments. It resulted in many abandoned shopping carts and a few complaints that I didn't provide another option for cc payments.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal opinion- I didn't like 2Checkout because they only settle twice a month, as opposed to 48 hours like a regular merchant account. Plus I was never able to get the 2CO module functioning properly and at the time I tried it, I was told the problem was on 2CO's end and they had no workaround back then. I guess they do now?

I was using PayPal for a while to process payments. It resulted in many abandoned shopping carts and a few complaints that I didn't provide another option for cc payments.

The 2checkout module (from the contribution) works and it's a much greater enhancement to my current offering of only PayPal. I'm just working on the last few cosmetic touchups and it should be up and running.

Settlement of only twice a month is a bother and I will miss the flexibility that PayPal offers. Funds can be transferred from PayPal whenever I want.

I would like to get a proper merchant account but couldn't find any decent option. I'm not based in the states and most of the merchant accounts do not accept international orders. I've considered WorldPay but I would rather go for the limitation of twice monthly payments compared to the $198 setup fee+$398 yearly fees.

What do you use?

Just look at the reviews made by former customers of 2checkout - www.reviewcentre.com/review128337.html

But at the same I heard a good feedback about this company. So I guess it?s just impossible to find something perfect. The more popular the company is the more bad reviews you can find about it.

To my mind in most cases the customers make mistakes themselves (or don?t read company?s ?terms and conditions?) and then they just blame the company.

• 1 month later...
Thank you for your help, xiexie!  ;)

I also heard about ikobo live chat but never tried it myself (hope I won't need it). And did you have a chat with one of ikobo stuff? How did you like it?

Yes the I Kobo really is good to. Most of my customers that need the a gateway really like authorize.net and it's features. One thing that is left out of this post is the merchant account. Not all merchant accounts work with authorize.net and this making it a more secure transaction process because they will not just accept any bank that wants to use them. In most cases you can get authorize.net for a reasonable price. HINT: Be careful of the companies that are to ?cheap? on set up, monthly gateway charge, and transaction fee. You get what you pay for.

Actually I would say that ikobo is rather cheap (e.g. in comparison with worldpay, stormpay or 2checkout).

And what about authorize.net? Isn?t it too expensive, as you?re charged by authorize.net (for the gateway) and in addition you must pay to the merchant account provider?

Is Okobo multi language ? i am having some trouble with paypal and french customers at the moment and looking for an alternative.

however i would prefer that user navigating in english or french on my shop alos get that choice when they are going over to the ikobo payment process

I contacted them and offered to translated the localisation string and they said they they are not working on anything like this at the moment ... go figure

I heard they used to plan something like that? well, if you talked to them then they could tell you for sure.

Thanks for the updating ;)

Verisign payflowpro has been a nightmare to install...still doesnt work...and they will not refund my $849 bucks as I need to go with AUTHORIZE.net now since payflowpro does not work.

Losing $849 with the company is really much :blink:

And why do they refuse to make a refund?

Losing $849 with the company is really much  :blink:

And why do they refuse to make a refund?

Well, I can say this. I tried to get my refund through the sales rep i used at Verislime...he will not give me a refund because its past the 30 day grace period. I paid for the whole year up front. I bought the yr plan on Jan 20th...but have not started to use it till the last couple weeks as we test the site. It just wont work properly-period.

So I ask the guy if he could prorate some type of refund, since I never used the service...like atleast maybe give me half of my money, NOPE.

I understand the 30 day period, but only for the NON redundable setup fee-they can have it!...but to pay for 12 months when I never used it. I bought XM radio and paid for 2 yrs up front, switched to sirius and XM prorated me a refund...why cant verisign do the same?

I cant stand around and wait and will keep fighting to get some money back, so I call Authorize.net...I had my account setup in about 2 hrs, installed on OSC in about 45 minutes, ran a test charge and it works.

So far, I am kickin myself in the butt for not going with Auth in the first place. Verisign was a nightmare from day one and I will let you know if they scam me out of my money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I guess that?s the reason I don?t like companies that charge set up and monthly fees. As if in some reason you don?t use their services, you won?t get your money back.

Authorize.net is a real gateway that attaches to a merchant account.

Most my online merchants that shop with my firm for this end up at a better rate due to the nature of my areana...

If you want you can call or go toDTCand click contact us and I will respond in a timely manner.... i really don't mind helping out a fellow webmaster in this area-

Authorize.net is a real gateway that attaches to a merchant account.

Most my online merchants that shop with my firm for this end up at a better rate due to the nature of my areana...

If you want you can call or go toDTCand click contact us and I will respond in a timely manner.... i really don't mind helping out a fellow webmaster in this area-

I have mentioned them elsewhere but I cant find much info myself forectronix do a merchant account and osc module, I am hoping to try them soon. Also for an extra ?35 you can have a virtual terminal, meaning you could get an SSL certificate (for about ?65) take the orders on your website and process them by hand, meaning the customer never leaves your site.

Paypal, nochex result in many abandoned carts...

Is there any one know, how much will Authorize.Net cost? Is there any setup fee, or monthly charge. How much is the fee % per transection. I have looked up 2checkout but %5.5 is really to much!

And do you have any ideas as to the payment processor with a wide coverage (something similar to ikobo)? I still use it for my personal needs, but unfortunately they don't provide merchant services now.

Perhaps ikobo is going to focus on the online personal transactions and become the alternative to western union and provide services for those who work abroad or cooperate with overseas companies.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah... seems like 2checkout is what im going with... i don't want any cancellation fees, etc you get with alot of companies.

Thanks Dandy

I would search "2checkout forum" on Google Search before going with 2checkout

That way you will know better.

Edited by Ranman

I call Authorize.net...I had my account setup in about 2 hrs, installed on OSC in about 45 minutes, ran a test charge and it works.

So what were your fees for Authorize.net? They don't have them listed on their web site, and I want to see if they are even in the right ball park.

I've heard a lot of people say they have authorize.net, but no one will say how much they charge.