osCommerce

The e-commerce.

which payment gateway shall I choose

xiexie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a very personal choice. Look at the web sites of the ones that come with osC and also look in the contributions, there are lots more. Make a list of ones you like and search the forum to see what people have previously said about them and that should give you an idea of which one is right for you.

I am a newbie is this area. I noticed that paypal and Ikobo have no setup fee and monthly fees. So to be on the safe side, I will choose paypal and Ikobo. Because if I am not satisfied with them, I can switch to other providers without any costs.

• 3 weeks later...

I got an email from Ikobo. It is great. Because of this change, more and more people can make purchases on my e-store.

Receive payments through one simple process

Beginning November 15, 2004, all money received by a merchant wil be

considered a sale. The sender/buyer will not pay a fee unless you

choose to transfer fees to the buyer. You will be charged iKobo's

low merchant rate of 2.99% plus 29 cents for all transactions.

This will allow merchants to easily receive payments through our

personal money transfer platform. For example, your buyers can now

go to iKobo.com and send you money. They will not be required to go

through our initial verification process by calling their bank. They

will not be required to pay any fee to send you money, unless you

indicate in your account that you wish to pass 10-100% of the fee to

them. In your iBalance and websales activity report, the transaction

will appear immediately as a websale.

• 1 month later...
I got an email from Ikobo. It is great. Because of this change, more and more people can make purchases on my e-store.

Please correct me, if i'm wrong. Ikobo will only charge me whenever I withdraw fund from my ikobo account? And how do I receive the fund from ikobo ? Provide my local bank details with sort code will do? Please help...Thanks !

William

• 4 weeks later...

Actually I am also interested in it as I am thinking about opening the online store. If I am not mistaken the customer can transfer money to his bank account only if he is from USA. And what about other countries? How can the customers get their money?

williamteh

Ikobo will not charge you when you withdraw money. Ikobo only charges you when the fund reach your Ikobo account.

You can withdraw money with an I-kard. I-kard is a kind of re-usable visa debit card. When you recieved payment in the first time, Ikobo will mail you an I-kard. You can use this card to withdraw money at any atm machines in more than 170 countries.

Actually I am also interested in it as I am thinking about opening the online store. If I am not mistaken the customer can transfer money to his bank account only if he is from USA. And what about other countries? How can the customers get their money?

Yes. The money in ikobo account can be transfered into bank account in USA. That is right.

If you are in other countries, you need not transfer mony to your bank account, you can withdaw cash directly. As what I have mentioned, When you recieved payment in the first time, Ikobo will mail you an I-kard. You can use this card to withdraw you money at any ATM machines.

And what if I lose that card? What will I need to do to get the new one and how much will I be charged for it?

If you lost that card. You should contact with customer support of ikobo. They will block the old card and mail you a new card. It is free. But I wish you keep your card carefully. Anyway it is not a good thing to lost it.

Hi... is there any payment module like authorize.net that will be invisible to my customer?

I find paypal annoying because of this, there is just too many clicks... so i figured 2checkout might be what i wanted... but when you hit order... you are transfered to their site as well, and have to click AGAIN.

I understand if i have a merchants account and all that i will have no problem... but i don't want to go thru the high upfront costs..

can anybody shed some light on this subject?

Thanks.

It seems like Authorize.net is only a gateway, in order to use it you have to sign up for a merchant account.

Actually I am not sure that you can find what you're looking for but I can be mistaken, so correct me if I am wrong :huh:

I've been searching everywhere but cannot find the answer to this qn:

Do my customers need to sign up for an account with 2checkout if they choose the 2checkout payment option?

I am currently using PayPal for my store but the problem is that all my customers need to sign up for a PayPal account because I'm not based in the states and cannot make use of their new system, where customers do not need to sign up.

Okay, I've found the answer. The customer does not need to sign up for 2checkout to make payment. That'll be the processor I'm going for too.. if only their signup page works..