• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newcomer. Help.How do I setup shipping by weights?

New2allThis

:D ha ha, how do I do all this :'( Im perplexed. Can you help?

Im brand new to all this and am trying to figure it all out. Can you tell me, in laymans terms, (well, no, in 3 year old computer-speak, hee hee), how to set-up my product shipping via weights and via ups. Where do I go in admin, and what do I press? I have set the tare to zero, and weighed all my products and entered in all the weights in each products page.. What now. Pleeease help a newcomer?

Im in LA, I just got a ups account today and my products are candles. tell me if you need more info.

Anyone live around the West Hollywood area that might be able to assist if I get completely confused?

Thank you so very much, I appreciate your expertize and sharing.

:D ha ha, how do I do all this :'(  Im perplexed. Can you help?

Im brand new to all this and am trying to figure it all out. Can you tell me, in laymans terms, (well, no, in 3 year old computer-speak, hee hee), how to set-up my product shipping via weights and via ups. Where do I go in admin, and what do I press? I have set the tare to zero, and weighed all my products and entered in all the weights in each products page.. What now. Pleeease help a newcomer?

Im in LA, I just got a ups account today and my products are candles. tell me if you need more info.

Anyone live around the West Hollywood area that might be able to assist if I get completely confused?

Thank you so very much, I appreciate your expertize and sharing.

If you go to your Admin->Modules->Shipping->table rates->

Install it then click on edit and change the shipping prices to what you want them to be.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

If you go to your Admin->Modules->Shipping->table rates->

Install it then click on edit and change the shipping prices to what you want them to be.

Thank you Richard, Ill try that and post if I am perplexed by it!. While I have your kind attention, Id like to ask another question. One of my product lines, my candles, is charging between $zero- $4 in checkout, instead of between $29.95-$32!! Will you have a peek and pretend to order something (but dont actually) and see? The Lime Grapefruit candle seems to charge the correct amount, but the rest are all over the place! Mainly charging zero! NOT good for business!! What have I done to make this happen?

Thanks Richard for your kindness.

Virginia Hey

White Flower Lei

www.whiteflowerlei.com

New2allThis is looking for UPS rates, not table based rates.

Go to Admin->Modules->Shipping->UPS and install.

As long as you have product weights, the UPS module will (roughly) calculate the shipping cost to the customer's Zip Code.

As-is, the UPS module's rate table is pretty close; you may want to compare the store shipping rates with the UPS web site to see how close they are.

New2allThis is looking for UPS rates, not table based rates.

Go to Admin->Modules->Shipping->UPS and install.

As long as you have product weights, the UPS module will (roughly) calculate the shipping cost to the customer's Zip Code.

As-is, the UPS module's rate table is pretty close; you may want to compare the store shipping rates with the UPS web site to see how close they are.

Thanks Tony. Id like to only offer UPS, so should I mark "False" on all the other options? What if someone orders from the UK or Australia? What other shipping module should I mark as "True" ?

What do you think of the dilimma re the cart checkout charging $zero to $4 for most of my candles? Any ideas there? All but two of the candles should be $29.95, the two exeptions are $32. Have a look will you please? My site is my company name with a .com at the end.

Cheers,

Virginia

White Flower Lei

Virginia,

First set all shipping methods to False except UPS.

Then try some sample orders to see what the rates are.

Make sure all items have a weight set - if not, this will cause an error in the shipping module.

I really cannot make any sugestions for international shipping :(

It looks like you are in the contintal US - I would focus your sales there first :thumbsup:

Thanks Tony. Id like to only offer UPS, so should I mark "False" on all the other options? What if someone orders from the UK or Australia? What other shipping module should I mark as "True" ?

What do you think of the dilimma re the cart checkout charging $zero to $4 for most of my candles? Any ideas there? All but two of the candles should be $29.95, the two exeptions are $32. Have a look will you please? My site is my company name with a .com at the end.

Cheers,

Virginia

White Flower Lei

Virginia,

First set all shipping methods to False except UPS.

Then try some sample orders to see what the rates are.

Make sure all items have a weight set - if not, this will cause an error in the shipping module.

I really cannot make any sugestions for international shipping  :(

It looks like you are in the contintal US - I would focus your sales there first  :thumbsup:

Thank you so very much. Will do!

I think Im starting to get the hang of it all thanks to the kind folk who responded to me tonight. Thank you.

Virginia