• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help required - modification to show DOB

Folks,

I'm using DOB as an example here to save time & space.

How can I modify the code so that on checkout, I can see the date of birth listed?

I have taken ot_subtotal as an example and modified it as follows :-

function ot_gender() {

$this->code = 'ot_gender';

$this->title = MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DOB_TITLE;

$this->description = MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DOB_DESCRIPTION;

$this->enabled = ((MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DOB_STATUS == 'true') ? true : false);

$this->sort_order = MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DOB_SORT_ORDER;

$this->output = array();

}

function process() {

global $order, $currencies;

$this->output[] = array('title' => $this->title . ':',

'text' => $this->getdob());

}

but I only see Date of Birth:

with no data.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Francol

Oops - I forgot to add this function :-

function get_dob() {

$dob_query = tep_db_query("select dob from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customers_id . "'");

}

• 3 weeks later...
Oops - I forgot to add this function :-

function get_dob() {

$dob_query = tep_db_query("select dob from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customers_id . "'");

}

OK - managed to figure it out!

Could you post the full code to show the DOB on the invoice. I need to have it send as part of the emailed invoice. :) Thank you!

I only used DOB as an example because it was easy to explain what I needed to get done which was more complex.

The code should work as given above - I had some problems with the ordering of the information in order totals.

Are you sure you want to send such information regarding DOB on emails or invoices? I'd freak out if somebody did that to me. Identity theft is a big problem in the US AND uk so most people would not like it if you did.

Francis

I only used DOB as an example because it was easy to explain what I needed to get done which was more complex.

The code should work as given above - I had some problems with the ordering of the information in order totals.

Are you sure you want to send such information regarding DOB on emails or invoices? I'd freak out if somebody did that to me. Identity theft is a big problem in the US AND uk so most people would not like it if you did.

Francis

Well I actually modified the DOB field to have the customers Resale license number. So its actually just sending that. :) I don't completely understand the code above. :( Where and how should I cut and paste it? Thanks in advance!

Well I actually modified the DOB field to have the customers Resale license number. So its actually just sending that. :) I don't completely understand the code above. :( Where and how should I cut and paste it? Thanks in advance!

You cut and paste it at the beginning of the file. See the ot_subtotal module as an example. Other excellent examples that I am very thankful for are the handling fee and Customer Loyalty discount contributions.

These should give you an idea of what you need to do.

Francis

Can't get it to work. I just need the DOB to show up in this section. I'm new to PHP, but decent at minipulating how it works. :(

$email_order = STORE_NAME . "\n" . 
                EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . 
                EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . " Please login to the shop and click My Account at the top to see all previous orders" . ' ' . "\n" .
                EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG) . "\n\n";