• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FAQ system contribution

keoga

Hi everybody,

I have installed the FAQ system contrib, it was really easy and straightfroward to install.

But I have a little problem, I can only write my faq questions and answers in my default language.

I wonder why ? it says it has multilanguage support, looked a bit at the code, but cannot understand , why I only can write in my default language and not in the second language installed?

I have tow languages installed.

Anyone that has this conribution installed with multilanguage?

Help appreciated

Thank you

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everybody,

I have installed the FAQ system contrib, it was really easy and straightfroward to install.

But  I have a little problem, I can only write my faq questions and answers in my default language.

I wonder why ? it says it has multilanguage support, looked a bit at the code, but cannot understand , why I only can write in my default language and not in the second language installed?

Help appreciated

Thank you

the definition is more here "- Multilanguage automatically"

means if you dont have other languages installed in your admin ---> tuff

from the information manager i hade installed from add grafics (kicked)

i noticed the url would show something like something.php?language=en so for

german =de

france = fr

english = en

if you dont see the ?language=en at the end of the url just apend it and replace en with your iso code

greetz john

the definition is more here "- Multilanguage automatically"

means if you dont have other languages installed in your admin ---> tuff

from the information manager i hade installed from add grafics (kicked)

i noticed the url would show something like something.php?language=en so for

german =de

france = fr

english = en

if you dont see the ?language=en at the end of the url just apend it and replace en with your iso code

greetz john

Hey!

Thanks for your answer, but I dont really understand it.

In which file should I make this change?

Hey!

Thanks for your answer, but I dont really understand it.

In which file should I make this change?

http://www.your-site.com/catalog/admin/faq.php?language=en

http://www.your-site.com/catalog/admin/faq.php?language=de

http://www.your-site.com/catalog/admin/faq.php?language=fr

http://www.your-site.com/catalog/admin/faq.php?language=it

http://www.your-site.com/catalog/admin/faq.php?language=cz

i dont know if faq is the right name but you will see it in the browser address bar :o

greetz john

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Help, I don't know what I've done wrong, I've gone over my installation step by step twice now.

But when I click on the "FAQ System" box in the admin area, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_setcookie() in /home/www/geekagency/includes/application_top.php on line 171

At a loss, I simply disabled forced cookies to see if it made a difference. Sure it did, I got a different fatal error!

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_set_banner_status() (previously declared in /home/www/geekagency/includes/functions/general.php:715) in /home/www/geekagency/includes/functions/banner.php on line 15

I get the same error when entering my site.

I'm lost completely. :blink:

Edited by SecretAgentWoman

• 2 months later...

Hi All, if you go to my website (http://www.tool-supplier.com)

I am getting the error "// FAQ SYSTEM 2.1 define('TABLE_FAQ', 'faq'); // FAQ SYSTEM 2.1

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/toolsup/public_html/admin/includes/database_tables.php:65) in /home/toolsup/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67"

What have I done wrong?

Cheers,

Andy

I've sorted the above error.

I've installed everything and no error messages, I've set up my FAQ in admin, but it doesn't show shop side,

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Andy

• 5 months later...
I've sorted the above error.

I've installed everything and no error messages, I've set up my FAQ in admin, but it doesn't show shop side,

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Andy

Yeah, I have tha same error... All is well back end, but nothing in front...

• 1 year later...

If you're getting a blank screen on the user end the languages directory is wrong. It should be INCLUDES/languages/english/faq.php the downloaded file is just languages/english/faq.php . It should work after the file is in the right directory :)

Justin

• 2 months later...

Guys, I need help......

example1.gif

I don't know why it became like this.......it wasn't like this previously.

Anyone could help me out this issue? Please.......

Thank you....

Guys, I need help......

example1.gif

I don't know why it became like this.......it wasn't like this previously.

Anyone could help me out this issue? Please.......

Thank you....

No worries guys......I have it sorted. cheers

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi everybody,

But I have a little problem, I can only write my faq questions and answers in my default language.

Help appreciated

Thank you

Hi keoga,

I have also just installed FAQ system, I was wondering how can I edit the questions ? I mean, I have English question 1?.

You know how I am supposed to edit the FAQ ??

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

BrazilianLink

I would like to know the same above. I have it installed and working with no errors, but it won't let you delete or edit. Anyone know why or how this works?

-Thanks

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

I would like to know the same above. I have it installed and working with no errors, but it won't let you delete or edit. Anyone know why or how this works?

-Thanks

See the post 3 above this one. Look at the picture of the faq manager page, See the icons to the right? There is one that looks like a pencil and paper. Click on that to do edits.

Thanks I have done that though. It doesn't do anything but refresh the page and the little trash can does the same thing.

I have managed to enter what I need to through the DB buy use my phpMyAdmin but can't seem to edit, delete, or insert from the admin side. All those buttons do is just refresh.

-Thanks

Edited by Silverado05

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Thanks I have done that though. It doesn't do anything but refresh the page and the little trash can does the same thing.

I have managed to enter what I need to through the DB buy use my phpMyAdmin but can't seem to edit, delete, or insert from the admin side. All those buttons do is just refresh.

-Thanks

It isn't that the modules aren't updating? See http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...mp;#entry923577

They are not modules it is the actually page from the contribution. If I went to click on the pencil it does nothing, it just refreshes the page and doesn't open up anything to allow you to edit. Does the same thing on the trash can and insert button. It says something in the recent update of the contribution to edit something but doesn't say exactly what to edit.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,all/search,FAQ

They are not modules it is the actually page from the contribution. If I went to click on the pencil it does nothing, it just refreshes the page and doesn't open up anything to allow you to edit. Does the same thing on the trash can and insert button. It says something in the recent update of the contribution to edit something but doesn't say exactly what to edit.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,all/search,FAQ

That is to make it php5 compliant. Change all from <? to <?php