• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding Text to Checkout_Shipping.php Page

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone could show me how to add the following to the top of my checkout_shipping page?

The text is

International Orders

At this time we are HAPPY to ship to our friends overseas, but our program of choice for running our online store (oscommerce) does not properly calculate costs for global priority mail due to the fact that the prices are calculated by dimensions of the total shipped package.  Because of this we ask for any order being shipped outside of the USA that customers contact us for exact shipping costs.  For more information about how we work shipping please check out our Shipping Policy page.

I'd really appriciate the help if anyone knows how. :) Thanks in advance for reading this and offering what help you can give!

Dee;

My first question would be what is the largest package that you might be shipping (dimensions LxWxH)? You can certainly add the text, but if you use something like USPS Methods, you can eliminate the envelope options from what the customer sees and may not have to use a disclaimer, which just confuses the checkout process.

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

Um, well I suppose that depends on how many items a customer buys. I mean if someone buys only one book from us it might be pretty thin and the width and length might be the only issues. However, if someone buys a bunch of books we may have an issue with thickness too.

Typically the length and width of our books (which is the primary problem here) are 11 1/2" by 8 1/2" which if you've tried to put this size book into the envelopes you know what a problem that can be. :blink:

What I was hoping to do with the above text was to help my international people have the option of the cheapest shipping rate possible. And since listing this little notice on our shipping page, front page, and even on each product might not be enough (I know some people who shop at online stores surf right through missing all three places) I had hoped to catch them on that last page.

Honestly I couldn't think of a better way to deal with this problem. :(

*big hugs*

You could add what you want in the file checkout_shipping.txt in the following way (look for the <!-- START --> and <!--END -->)

<!-- body_text //-->
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('checkout_address', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL')) . tep_draw_hidden_field('action', 'process'); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
           <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_delivery.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
<!-- START Additional info for International Orders -->
     <tr>
       <td class="main"><b>International Orders</b><br />
At this time we are HAPPY to ship to our friends overseas, but our program of choice for running our online store (oscommerce) does not properly calculate costs for global priority mail due to the fact that the prices are calculated by dimensions of the total shipped package.? Because of this we ask for any order being shipped outside of the USA that customers contact us for exact shipping costs.? For more information about how we work shipping please check out our Shipping Policy page.<br />
?</td>
     </tr>
<!-- END Additional info for International Orders -->
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUGGESTION!

Do you mean adding that to the checkout_shipping.php file in the catalog/includes/languages/english folder?

If so I had tried that but it won't appear. My thought is that I'll also have to edit the checkout_shipping.php file in my catalog folder as well but I'm not sure what line to put the code on or what code I'd have to add to make it appear.

Thoughts and suggestions are GREATLY appriciated.

Do you mean adding that to the checkout_shipping.php file in the catalog/includes/languages/english folder?

No, this is a change in catalog/checkout_shipping.php. If you would have your site in several languages it would be a different story. Then it would have to become something that is dependent on the $language variable...

THANK YOU! :D

It worked wonderfully. May the happy code gods smile on you always and keep the dreaded beast known as Error from you forever! :thumbsup:

*big hugs and thanks again*

Archived