• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newsletter & Subscribtion for MS2

Gyakutsuki

Look in the english/newsletter file. You will see it there.

Well I actually already found that one, and it works for the welcome newsletter, but when i create a new newsletter in admin it says in the header footer area

"Information! On the foot of page n?1, a link will be automatically added to the sending of the newsletter to be able to give the possibilt? to the customer to cancel a subscription to it."

And then adds a link, but it can't be from that file because i've modified the code. Matter of fact, I can't find another place in all of my site that has "newsletters_unsubscribe.php?action=view&email=" so i'm thinking it would be in the sql with the rest of the header/footer info.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, well, I made it look nice enough, I guess I don't need to replace it with other words. But now I have a different thing I want to tackle. It has a built in WYSIWYG editor doesn't it? I don't want it to replace my hard returns with <br> tags. I do my html in an external editor and I want to be able to copy/paste my nice neat code without haveing to remove all the hard returns to get it to look right.

Anyone know how i might do this?

Hello,

I have the same problem than Yandus:

"I have no problems to subscribe, however, I cannot unsubsribe: The error message says :

The email address listed below, was not found in our newsletter database, or has already been removed from our newletter subscription list.

[email protected]?osCsid=5ba9fb542325807cbc03b73d3c82650e"

Note the session cookie

Can somebody help us ?

Thanks

Patrice

I am stuck on this matter for almost 2 weeks now.

Any suggestion to what is mentionned above would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by patator

Is there anyone out there that has a COMPLETE contrib package (rewrites up to date) with all of the current/revised install instructions ? French, English, Spanish, whatever...it would be nice to get a clean install with a better reference. Right now it's an organization nightmare on the contrib page and fails to follow the seem-to-be standard (versioning best practice) for most all other contribs.

This is a really nice contrib, but a nightmare to install.

Can anyone guide me to the post on how to fix the Newsletter title showing randomly where it shouldn't? See image below for better explanation.

news-cat_title_malfunction.gif

pBratch

"obsessive malcontent, try some"

Can anyone guide me to the post on how to fix the Newsletter title showing randomly where it shouldn't? See image below for better explanation.

news-cat_title_malfunction.gif

pBratch

"obsessive malcontent, try some"

To solve this one, open catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php,

and search for this line:

define('HEADING_TITLE','Newsletter');

and just delete it.

That should solve that problem for u.

hth

fatmcgav

• 3 weeks later...

hi i have installev version 0.52 but keep gettin the following errors;

This when i try to subscribe;

1146 - Table 'cheaper_oscart.subscribers' doesn't exist

select subscribers_id from subscribers where subscribers_email_address = '[email protected]'

and when i click on subscribers admin i get;

1146 - Table 'cheaper_oscart.subscribers' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from subscribers c

[TEP STOP]

and when i click on header/footer info i get the following:

1146 - Table 'cheaper_oscart.subscribers_infos' doesn't exist

select p.news_id, p.newsletters_id, p.module_subscribers, p.header, p.status, q.title from subscribers_infos p, newsletters q where p.newsletters_id = q.newsletters_id order by p.date_added desc

[TEP STOP]

Anybody got any ideas what this is about? :'(

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote this a page back but as no one seems able of reading the whole post and emailing me instead, im going to post this again.

For those looking for a more english text in the headers and footers etc, I have created an package which includes 5 files with all the english translated, it also includes a SQL file you can run on your database to update the french database info.

www.sankesolutions.co.uk/files/

dont forget BACKUP BACKUP

I get the following error after 1 hour trying to send the newsletters:

2013 mysql lost connection to mysql server during query

update newsletters set date_sent = now(), status='1' where newsletters_id='1'

Using Sendmail on a FreeBSD system. The subscribers are ~1100.

Is something serious wrong?

That error is exactly what it says, it lost its connection to the database half way through running the query. Its not an oscommerce problem. I would speak to your host if its happening regularly.

I've installed... thus far most looks good. Except that I am having the problem that was supposedly fixed in the last update. I am certain that I am just not understanding what the fix is.

The following link that gets emailed to a subscriber does not work (as recognized in the latest updates). Perhpas I'm dense... if so, slap me later. But, for now can someone please explain to me what I am supposed to do. I honestly have tried to decipher the fix. Obviously, there is no "subscription_center.php" that I have found.

http://www.allthingstrendy.com/catalog/sub...hingstrendy.com

Thanks as always!

Edited by AllThingsTrendy

Anthony David

AllThingsTrendy.com

Well, I thought all was well... but it taint' so.

When I preview a newsletter, everything looks fine. But when I click the send button, all I see is the following. The only thing that gets mailed the number "4" in the subject line, "Module newsletter" in the body followed by the unsubscribe link.

--------------------------------------------

Newsletter

? Customers receiving the news bulletin: 1

Module newsletter

----------------------------------------------

Any ideas?

Anthony David

AllThingsTrendy.com

• 2 weeks later...

A strange problem has appeared in the last couple of days. I've been getting lots of "welcome" messages from the contrib with messages addressed to <randomcharacters>@mydomain.com. Something/some bot/someone has been subscribing tons of email addresses, all ending with mydomain.com. So they end up subscribed. It's a minor pain to delete them, but I'd like to stop this spam attack. (I assume they're misreading this field as one to enter to send emails to me.)

Is there a way to add something like a funky characters box to make sure it's a real person, not a bot, entering the addresses?

Thanks,

Susan

A strange problem has appeared in the last couple of days. I've been getting lots of "welcome" messages from the contrib with messages addressed to <randomcharacters>@mydomain.com. Something/some bot/someone has been subscribing tons of email addresses, all ending with mydomain.com. So they end up subscribed. It's a minor pain to delete them, but I'd like to stop this spam attack. (I assume they're misreading this field as one to enter to send emails to me.)

Is there a way to add something like a funky characters box to make sure it's a real person, not a bot, entering the addresses?

Thanks,

Susan

You can probably work this contrib into the code:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...rity+characters

Let me know how it works for ya!

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

I'm working on an updated version with fixes but since there is no instructions what is the update table used for in admin?

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

You can probably work this contrib into the code:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...rity+characters

Let me know how it works for ya!

Thanks - if/when I get time to do this, I will. I'm holding back at the moment due to the need to update the contrib; I have a very old version that screws up the customers table when you view current subscribers.

Susan

NEW VERSION:

Newsletter v.053

- Bug fix: When you subscribe after already being in the database and you had unsubscribed at one point, you were not getting resubscribed. Fixed now. However if you are a registered user and login and unsubscribe you still cannot subscribe from the main page or left column you have to login. <- Needs work still...

- Fixed broken unsubscribe link in emails

- Fixed multiple other broken links

- Translated SQL and admin/english files to english using translation by hotnuts21

- Updated admin/newsletters_subscribers_view.php by Sujoy Dutta (PHP 5 fix)

- Updated instructions for install, they are more detailed on what files need modified or copied not instead of just "check all files for updates"

- Added some documentation on how this thing works.

Its not perfect but alot of cleaning up has been done. :thumbsup:

I'm sure there will be a few bugs I may of created when updating it or not noticed so post your questions on here and I will monitor the forum for the next week or two and try to answer your questions if you have any.

I couldn't find this anywhere either, it seems the original author didn't care too much about explaining his work... So here is my best shot at explaining the great features and current shortcomings of this contrib in a few paragraphs.

====================== HOW IT WORKS =========================

Basically how this contrib works is you can either subscribe to the newsletter via the left

column if you are not a registered user, or if you are already registered you can subscribe

like normal in your account setttings. The data is kept in separate tables, the reason being

if you tried to keep them all in one table and someone who had subscribed to the newsletter

but then tried to to create an account it would make quite a problem as each registered account has

a unique email address. So now more on how it works. You can subscribe if you are unregistered

via the left column, if you have already registered you can subscribe via the left column but your

subscription settings when you are logged in take precedence so you subscribe on the left column and

have a registered account it basically doesn't count, because the data is in two databases. Ideally

you would compare and see which (subscribe/unsubscribe) was done last by date and that would take precidence.

So I that is why I noted the left column for your registered users.

Registered users can unsubscribe via the unsubscribe link in the email, admin, or their Account

setttings, unregistered users have to use the email link or admin.

When sending a newsletter first update all the tables using the admin newsletter update tables box,

this will update everyone who has signed up or unsigned up in their account setttings so everyone

is current. Then send your email. Ideally this would update when you go into send email screen but

that will maybe come in another update if someone else or myself finds the time.

Thats the quick and simple, hope it wasn't too confusing. It took me hours to find this out so it

should be a time saver for you. - Keith W.

hey guys ia m getting this msg ( when i try to enter email address in the box )

votre courriel est trop long

i translated this and it means

your courriel is too long

dictionary.com didnt translate courriel so dont know what that means :(

can any one please tell me where to find this text

thankx

hey guys ia m getting this msg ( when i try to enter email address in the box )

votre courriel est trop long

i translated this and it means

your courriel is too long

dictionary.com didnt translate courriel so dont know what that means :(

can any one please tell me where to find this text

thankx

I thought I fixed that, but apparently I didn't. Look in the subscribe php and then copy the english text from there to the includes/boxes/newletters.php and that should fix it. :D

BTW how long did the contrib take you to install using the newest version I posted?

Edited by homewetbar

i am So Sorry

i forgot i change the database on my end. once i am done with all the changes to newsletters i will post the contribution.

yes the database will be in english.

Has this contribution been posted or has anyone else come up with a solution for the firstname problem yet?

Has this contribution been posted or has anyone else come up with a solution for the firstname problem yet?

Not really a problem, not worth the hassle in most cases. Because they can just enter no name or there name the first time but if they resubscribe it just gets overwritten.