• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newsletter & Subscribtion for MS2

Gyakutsuki

If anyone is having trouble with the welcome email, privacy policy and unsubscribe links. the following information will fix it.

In catalog/includes/lanquages/english/newsletter.php find this line:

define('CLOSING_BLOCK3', "\n\n" . 'View our privacy policy at: ' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'privacy.php' . '.');

Change to:

define('CLOSING_BLOCK3', 'View our privacy policy at: ' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'privacy.php' . '.');

Hope this helps

Actually that didn't solve the problem for me, it just removed line returns and the links were still corrupted. To fix the problem open catalog/newsletters_subscribe.php and find this line:

$message .= EMAIL_WELCOME . CLOSING_BLOCK1 . CLOSING_BLOCK2 . CLOSING_BLOCK3 . $HTTP_POST_VARS['Email'];

And change to:

$message .= EMAIL_WELCOME . CLOSING_BLOCK1 . CLOSING_BLOCK2 . CLOSING_BLOCK3 . UNSUBSCRIBE . $HTTP_POST_VARS['Email'];

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

on contribution page we go from 0.53 to 0.55 : Newsletter & Subscribers v055 chibibotoons90 26 Feb 2009

it would be nice to know the cahnges since Newsletter & Subscribers v055\admin\newsletters.php

ahs a lot of changes in comparaison of the previous one

v0.54 Update by:Draksic D. (ddSHADOW)

v0.53 & v.053a Update by: Keith W. (HomeWetBar)

V0.52 Updated by loîc Richard alias Gyakutsuki

V0.50 - V0.51 Update by Rondeau Olivier ([email protected])

date 22-01-2005

good to write by who , but would be fair to see what has been updated :blink:

so we can make the contrib evovle in a proper way

MS2

i also wrote to the contributor of Correction to last Spanish addition upload techgoddess 15 Jun 2009

1) Super tiny change in the area of admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletters.php. A curly bracket "}" on line 425 -OF THE INSTALLATION.TXT FILE- was missing and causing "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting T_FUNCTION in ~".

2) Super tiny change in the area of admin/includes/modules/newsletters/product_notification.php. A curly bracket "}" on line 568 -OF THE INSTALLATION.TXT FILE- was missing.

because for a "FULL" package the files toldabout are not in the zip

would be good for new version to update the installation.txt so that we could know how to update by given the details of the code change or to change

MS2

i also wrote to the contributor of Correction to last Spanish addition upload techgoddess 15 Jun 2009

2nd

Replace from

$confirm_string = // all the table

Till

return $confirm_string;

}

do we really have to remove : return $confirm_string;

MS2

• 3 weeks later...
Is this call for altering files a mistake in the installation guide ?

I think I got it almost done ... :rolleyes: great Newsletter contribution.

A few little hick-ups I got...

1. double ups (options appear with and without "1.")
  2. wide headings (makes the admin area to expand to the right too far)
  3. no admin control

To the latter ... I don't seem to have the admin control as mentioned in the contribution introduction ...

admin side

------------

The module provides the possibility for the store admin

-> to view and edit the subscribers info. (blacklist some users in order for them not to receive newsletters even though they are registered)

-> to manage the newsletters to be sent.

-> to manage the dynamic headers, footers, and unsubscribe links to be added to the body of the newsletter.

-> to synchronise info between customers table and subscribers table (optional)

(for the first two, please have a look at the collage attached herto)

NL.01.gif

Everything else worked out just fine. (I had but to add the "newsletter _table" manually since the provided SQL-file didn't create it during the sql-query).

Thanks a lot for your help

Cause Admin_level_acces

In admin/includes/column-left.php

Replace

�if (tep_admin_check_boxes('newsletters.php') == true) {
� �require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'newsletters.php'); �
�}

by

� �  require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'newsletters.php');

After in admin/includes/boxes/newsletters.php

Replace

// � � � � � '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS_SUBSCRIBERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_NEWSLETTER_ADMIN . '</a><br>' .
// � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS_EXTRA_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_NEWSLETTER_EXTRA_DEFAULT . '</a><br>' .
// � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS_EXTRA_INFOS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_NEWSLETTER_EXTRA_INFOS . '</a><br>' .
// � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS_UPDATE, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_NEWSLETTER_UPDATE . '</a><br>' .
// � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS_SUBSCRIBERS_VIEW, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_NEWSLETTER_SUBSCRIBERS_VIEW . '</a>' � � � � � � � � �

� � � � �
� �tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS_SUBSCRIBERS, BOX_NEWSLETTER_ADMIN) .
� � � � � � � � � � � �tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS, BOX_CUSTOMERS_NEWSLETTER_MANAGER) .

� �tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS_EXTRA_DEFAULT, BOX_NEWSLETTER_EXTRA_DEFAULT). � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � �
� �tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS_EXTRA_INFOS, BOX_NEWSLETTER_EXTRA_INFOS) .
� �tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS_UPDATE, BOX_NEWSLETTER_UPDATE) �. � � � � 
� �tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS_SUBSCRIBERS_VIEW, BOX_NEWSLETTER_SUBSCRIBERS_VIEW) 
);
//Admin end
�}

by

� � � � � '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS_SUBSCRIBERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_NEWSLETTER_ADMIN . '</a><br>' .
� � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS_EXTRA_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_NEWSLETTER_EXTRA_DEFAULT . '</a><br>' .
� � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS_EXTRA_INFOS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_NEWSLETTER_EXTRA_INFOS . '</a><br>' .
� � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS_UPDATE, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_NEWSLETTER_UPDATE . '</a><br>' .
� � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS_SUBSCRIBERS_VIEW, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_NEWSLETTER_SUBSCRIBERS_VIEW . '</a>'); � � � � � � � � �
�}

This support thread seems to be as dead as my dog ... (it dies 12 years ago) ;-)

Anyway ... since I never get any answer here I just spent some time to go through every line of the code and discovered some hick-ups. I changed this and now I got it finally working (although I must say there are some features in this contribution that I don't understand why they are there at all to start with ... nothing I can do with it except reading a ONE LINE with irrelevant stuff and then press the BACK BUTTON.

After having it installed to WORK - I am not 100% sure yet if this is a worthwhile thing to go through anyway.

So, anyone having trouble getting it going, you may want to look into the INSTALLATION file and notice/do the following:

find instructions for:

l)admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletters.php

and

m)admin/includes/modules/newsletters/product_notification.php ...

... at the very end of those long code you are suppose to replace ... there is a '}' ... this will most likely cause you trouble if you don't omit it!

In addition:

The install version will ask you to "ALTER" admin/newsletters.php ... WELL

if you have some other contributions installed and made some changes to this file, tough life ... it will all be lost because this contribution also a NEW FILE, the very same "admin/newsletters.php" which you are asked to upload as a new file >>> hence, having gone through trouble and did the new alteration on your existing file it will all be overridden by the new file!

My suggestion ... DELETE the admin/newsletters.php from the part that includes ALL NEW FILES and just alter your existing admin/newsletters.php.

ONE LAST ... if you ever get an error saying that the headers are sent already, did you? Then check the mentioned files for 'white spaces" especially at the end and after ?> This should fix it.

I did all this on MY SIDE and ever since got rid of all the errors and the contribution is installed successfully. Still need to figure out if it's worth all the trouble.

Cheers

Parse error is normally caused by a missing tag such as ' " ; } when you copied the code you likely missed something.

Dear all, I am very new and know little about PHP program. I understand that the problem that I've is about missing curly bracket etc. However I really don't know where is the problem start as below:

I received this Parse error: parse error message when I'm sending newsletter.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter.php on line 121

and this is the lines

// ################# Contribution Newsletter v050 ##############
function send($newsletter_id) {
  $mail_query = tep_db_query("select customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_newsletter = '1'");

while ($mail = tep_db_fetch_array($mail_query)) {
  $mimemessage = new email(array('X-Mailer: osCommerce bulk mailer'));
  // Préparation de l'envoie du mail en HTML 
  $mimemessage->add_html_newsletter($this->header . "\n\n" . $this->content . "\n\n" . $this->unsubscribea . " " . '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . FILENAME_UNSUBSCRIBE . "?email=" . $mail['customers_email_address'] . '">'  . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . FILENAME_UNSUBSCRIBE . "?email=" . $mail['customers_email_address'] . '</a>' . "\n\n" . $this->unsubscribeb);

$mimemessage->build_message();
// ################# END - Contribution Newsletter v050 ##############
  echo $mail['customers_newsletter_email'] . "<br>";
  $mimemessage->send('', $mail['customers_newsletter_mail'], '', EMAIL_FROM, $this->title);
  }

$newsletter_id = tep_db_prepare_input($newsletter_id);
  tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_NEWSLETTERS . " set date_sent = now(), status = '1' where newsletters_id = '" . tep_db_input($newsletter_id) . "'");
}
 }
?>

There is no start for the curly bracket and I hope all master out there can help me solve this problem. Your immediate help in this matter is highly appreciated.

Best regards.

:(

Dear all, I am very new and know little about PHP program. I understand that the problem that I've is about missing curly bracket etc. However I really don't know where is the problem start as below:

I received this Parse error: parse error message when I'm sending newsletter.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter.php on line 121

and this is the lines

// ################# Contribution Newsletter v050 ##############
function send($newsletter_id) {
  $mail_query = tep_db_query("select customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_newsletter = '1'");

while ($mail = tep_db_fetch_array($mail_query)) {
  $mimemessage = new email(array('X-Mailer: osCommerce bulk mailer'));
  // Préparation de l'envoie du mail en HTML 
  $mimemessage->add_html_newsletter($this->header . "\n\n" . $this->content . "\n\n" . $this->unsubscribea . " " . '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . FILENAME_UNSUBSCRIBE . "?email=" . $mail['customers_email_address'] . '">'  . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . FILENAME_UNSUBSCRIBE . "?email=" . $mail['customers_email_address'] . '</a>' . "\n\n" . $this->unsubscribeb);

$mimemessage->build_message();
// ################# END - Contribution Newsletter v050 ##############
  echo $mail['customers_newsletter_email'] . "<br>";
  $mimemessage->send('', $mail['customers_newsletter_mail'], '', EMAIL_FROM, $this->title);
  }

$newsletter_id = tep_db_prepare_input($newsletter_id);
  tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_NEWSLETTERS . " set date_sent = now(), status = '1' where newsletters_id = '" . tep_db_input($newsletter_id) . "'");
}
 }
?>

There is no start for the curly bracket and I hope all master out there can help me solve this problem. Your immediate help in this matter is highly appreciated.

Best regards.

:(

BUMP for help

out of the 27 lines, which one is line 121?

You have mismatched curly braces.

Try changing the last three lines:

}
 }
?>

to

}
?>

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

I have just installed the newsletter add on that lets you sign up for a newsletter without creating an account. All the tables are showing fine in the admin panel, but when i click send to send the newsletter, I receive the following error:

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/csperli1/public_html/airflowresearch.com/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/csperli1/public_html/airflowresearch.com/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

Fatal error: Class name must be a valid object or a string in /home/csperli1/public_html/airflowresearch.com/admin/newsletters.php on line 311

In my customers.php file I have already made the array() change, so i'm not sure why the object_info.php error message is popping up either. I did import the customers from my old database and that is the only reason i'm thinking it may not be working properly, but that still doesn't explain the class name error.

Edited by burtonsnow8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

version as of 14 Aug 2009

in installation.txt

file: admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletters.php

operation: 3rd Replace

The new code uses the query:

but shouldn't the query be more like this:

$mail_query = tep_db_query("select subscribers_firstname as customers_firstname, subscribers_lastname as customers_lastname, subscribers_email_address as customers_email_address from " . TABLE_SUBSCRIBERS . " where customers_newsletter = '1'");

This edit is working on my store so I am happy. Thanks to all for the contribution, but I really have spent my allotted "2-4" hours on an otherwise 1 hour job. I'm not uploading the above code but if the next developer on the trail could check this out that would be fantastic for future users.

Jules_Text (no reply)

Dear all,

I'm new with this contribution, is anyone here help me how to send a newsletter using this contribution ? I have searched all the topic, but I still confused... please help...

btw, in the installation file, I read that a several new files included and in the CATALOG listed below:

CATALOG:

newsletters.php

newsletters_subscribe.php

newsletters_subscribe_success.php

newsletters_unsubscribe.php

newsletters_unsubscribe_done.php

unsubscribe.php

unsubscribe_done.php

includes/boxes/newsletters.php

includes/languages/english/newsletters.php

includes/languages/english/newsletters_unsubscribe.php

includes/languages/english/unsubscribe.php

includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_unsubscribe.gif

the problem is... I cann't find the newsletters.php at the first listed above, where is the file exactly?

thanks

Dear all,

I'm new with this contribution, is anyone here help me how to send a newsletter using this contribution ? I have searched all the topic, but I still confused... please help...

btw, in the installation file, I read that a several new files included and in the CATALOG listed below:

the problem is... I cann't find the newsletters.php at the first listed above, where is the file exactly?

thanks

is there anyone can help me with my problem here??

I really confused with this contribution, I already installed it and this is my screenshot in admin modul:

2aeqkl.jpg

how to use this newsletter ??

help me please....

version as of 14 Aug 2009

in installation.txt

file: admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletters.php

operation: 3rd Replace

The new code uses the query:

but shouldn't the query be more like this:

$mail_query = tep_db_query("select subscribers_firstname as customers_firstname, subscribers_lastname as customers_lastname, subscribers_email_address as customers_email_address from " . TABLE_SUBSCRIBERS . " where customers_newsletter = '1'");

This edit is working on my store so I am happy. Thanks to all for the contribution, but I really have spent my allotted "2-4" hours on an otherwise 1 hour job. I'm not uploading the above code but if the next developer on the trail could check this out that would be fantastic for future users.

Jules_Text (no reply)

Ignore above post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got this error on all the modules page..

Module used to send the newsletter:	   Module product_notification
Page Header: 	
Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_draw_textarea_field() in /home/janlevin/public_html/shop/admin/newsletters_extra_default.php on line 141

• 1 month later...

Hi,

The contrib works great cept for 1 snafu.

when user clicks on unsubscribe link in their newsletter email, is taken to:

https://****.com/~MYdomain/[email protected]

fine so far..

however when the unsubscribe button is clicked the url now reads:

http://www.MYdomain.com/unsubscribe_done.p...ribehotmail.com

Note that the @ is missing from the email address at the end of the URL

this causes the email address not to be found in the customers table

if i add the @ to the URL the person is unsubscribed

the code in catalog/unsubscribe.php that seems to be the culprit is:

$email_to_unsubscribe=$_GET['email']; (i modified the original which was $HTTP_GET_VARS- now deprecated)

does anyone know why the @ is missing from the email address?

thank you for your insight

Note to newbies and people not experienced with PHP coding:

You can see from the pages and pages of this topic, that there are so many bugs and problems with the front end of the contribution it's probably not worth using it. I've taken out ALL the unsubscribe functionality on my site: it's too risky to use vs. manual methods via an email link. The backend is wonky, but useable. It's a real shame, because technically, the newsletter list idea is not very complicated.

OSC User Definitions

"I can add modules to OSC" = I can search, cut and paste. But not well, or I wouldn't be here.

"I start my posting with 'works like a charm' = I'm letting you down gently, nothing works and I have no idea why

"I finish postings with "plzzzz....hlp" = My installation is buggered and I know I'm going to have to pay someone, but I really, really don't want to.