• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newsletter & Subscribtion for MS2

Gyakutsuki

Hi Everyone

I need a help to solve newsletters section problem

I had download the the newsletter and subscribers file from your contribution site

I had done as per the install text file

I got a newsletters option coloum left on my admin panel

When I click Newsletters Admin then some error shows

Newsletter

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-6, 6' at line 1

select newsletters_id, title, length(content) as content_length, module, date_added, date_sent, status, locked from newsletters order by date_added desc limit -6, 6

[TEP STOP]

and when click the Subscriber Admin then this error had shown

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-6, 6' at line 1

select c.subscribers_id, c.subscribers_lastname, c.subscribers_firstname, c.subscribers_email_address, c.customers_newsletter, c.subscribers_blacklist, c.subscribers_email_address from subscribers c order by c.subscribers_id DESC limit -6, 6

[TEP STOP]

Other menu are working properly. Newsletter default, header footer and update table

Could you please help me to solve this problem.

Looking forward your earliest response will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Priyesi

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone

I had download the the newsletter and subscribers file from your contribution site

Newsletter

select newsletters_id, title, length(content) as content_length, module, date_added, date_sent, status, locked from newsletters order by date_added desc limit -6, 6

[TEP STOP]

select c.subscribers_id, c.subscribers_lastname, c.subscribers_firstname, c.subscribers_email_address, c.customers_newsletter, c.subscribers_blacklist, c.subscribers_email_address from subscribers c order by c.subscribers_id DESC limit -6, 6

[TEP STOP]

Other menu are working properly. Newsletter default, header footer and update table

Thank you

Priyesi

Hi Everyone

Newsletter

[TEP STOP]

[TEP STOP]

Thank you

Priyesi

• 1 month later...

I was thinking about installing this contribution because Id like to be able to let customers sign up for the newsletter without registering. But it seems as though everyone is having nothing but trouble with it, after looking at all these posts.

Does anyone recommend this contribution or is there a better alternative?

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I installed the newsletter module v0.53a. It seems like everything is working as it should, however I have one problem and need your help.

When a non registered customers enter their email address and name to subscribe via the left column I get the following error:

1146 - Table 'endless_inks4all.TABLE_SUBSCRIBERS' doesn't exist

select subscribers_id from TABLE_SUBSCRIBERS where subscribers_email_address = '[email protected]'

[TEP STOP]

The table subscribers is installed so I have no idea what may be creating the problem.

Can anyone please help; I really need to get this fix. Hopefully it will not take weeks before someone answers please. :blink:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

can some-one explain to me how I can create multilingual alerts, because now they are only in english and I would like to have them in dutch and french as wel.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Geeraard

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I'm getting this error

Warning: require(includes/column_left.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/asptuni/public_html/new/admin/configuration.php on line 53

Warning: require(includes/column_left.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/asptuni/public_html/new/admin/configuration.php on line 53

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/column_left.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/asptuni/public_html/new/admin/configuration.php on line 53

Hey guys,

I'm getting this error

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/column_left.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/asptuni/public_html/new/admin/configuration.php on line 53

This message means that you have no includes/column_left.php file on your server. You should place it on there to remove this message.

Best regards

Small Craft

Hi everyone,

I installed the 0.53 version (the 0.54 v looked kinda buggy)

Eveything displays fine but I have one problem :

in the admin panel, I can see on my subscribers list : 5 people (5 test addresses) but when I am ready to send out a letter, it's written it's gonna be sent to 0 people! And of course I don't receive any letter.

I was also wondering if it was normal than I could enter the same address as many times as I want to, I always get the "you've now subscribed" message? O_O

and also has someone found an idea to avoid spamming?

Thank you for your help :)

• 2 weeks later...

I get this error:

Warning: Missing argument 3 for newsletter_subscribers::newsletter_subscribers(), called in /home/asptuni/public_html/new/admin/newsletters.php on line 261 and defined in /home/asptuni/public_html/new/admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter_subscribers.php on line 17

Warning: Missing argument 4 for newsletter_subscribers::newsletter_subscribers(), called in /home/asptuni/public_html/new/admin/newsletters.php on line 261 and defined in /home/asptuni/public_html/new/admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter_subscribers.php on line 17

Warning: Missing argument 5 for newsletter_subscribers::newsletter_subscribers(), called in /home/asptuni/public_html/new/admin/newsletters.php on line 261 and defined in /home/asptuni/public_html/new/admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter_subscribers.php on line 17

Warning: Missing argument 6 for newsletter_subscribers::newsletter_subscribers(), called in /home/asptuni/public_html/new/admin/newsletters.php on line 261 and defined in /home/asptuni/public_html/new/admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter_subscribers.php on line 17

Warning: Missing argument 7 for newsletter_subscribers::newsletter_subscribers(), called in /home/asptuni/public_html/new/admin/newsletters.php on line 261 and defined in /home/asptuni/public_html/new/admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter_subscribers.php on line 17

Please help...

Also,

When I subscribe people it doesn't add thier first name and only adds thier last name.

I think I messed up something???

Also when I send the news letter it has no subject, and in the email itself only shows the unsubscribe link...

Steve

Edited by Jan Zonjee

• 2 months later...

Hi,

The contrib works great cept for 1 snafu.

when user clicks on unsubscribe link in their newsletter email, is taken to:

https://****.com/~MYdomain/[email protected]

fine so far..

however when the unsubscribe button is clicked the url now reads:

http://www.MYdomain.com/unsubscribe_done.p...ribehotmail.com

Note that the @ is missing from the email address at the end of the URL

this causes the email address not to be found in the customers table

if i add the @ to the URL the person is unsubscribed

the code in catalog/unsubscribe.php that seems to be the culprit is:

$email_to_unsubscribe=$_GET['email']; (i modified the original which was $HTTP_GET_VARS- now deprecated)

does anyone know why the @ is missing from the email address?

thank you for your insight

Hello guys,

after installing 'Newsletter & Subscribers v054' i received error in my admin/tools/newletter manager like this

1146 - Table 'xxxxxxxx_osc1.newsletters' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from newsletters

[TEP STOP]

Do you know why? as I can't sent newsletter now... what i did is deleted my old newsletter SQL and replaced with the one provided in the contribution.

Hope to get some info.

best regards.

Edited by Ariffshah

Guys, any master can help me with the problem that I have?.

Appreciate your comment and idea.

Hello guys,

after installing 'Newsletter & Subscribers v054' i received error in my admin/tools/newletter manager like this

Do you know why? as I can't sent newsletter now... what i did is deleted my old newsletter SQL and replaced with the one provided in the contribution.

Hope to get some info.

best regards.

Guys, any master can help me with the problem that I have?.

Appreciate your comment and idea.

just a wild guess, did you check your database to make sure you have a table called newsletters?

i mention this cuz i didn't see a create table newsletters in the sql file for v54

just a wild guess, did you check your database to make sure you have a table called newsletters?

i mention this cuz i didn't see a create table newsletters in the sql file for v54

I did checked into my database and there is no table called newletters. As I mention earlier, i've delete it according to the contribution direction. Should I restore back the old newsletter table to my database?

Best regards.

I did checked into my database and there is no table called newletters. As I mention earlier, i've delete it according to the contribution direction. Should I restore back the old newsletter table to my database?

Best regards.

That would be my first step

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone is having trouble with the welcome email, privacy policy and unsubscribe links. the following information will fix it.

In catalog/includes/lanquages/english/newsletter.php find this line:

define('CLOSING_BLOCK3', "\n\n" . 'View our privacy policy at: ' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'privacy.php' . '.');

Change to:

define('CLOSING_BLOCK3', 'View our privacy policy at: ' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'privacy.php' . '.');

Hope this helps

• 2 months later...

hello hello

very good newsletter

but if somebody add the same email nonstop the newsletter will continue welcome him

can it be to check the db and if find the user's email to post "u are allready registerd blah blah blah" ?