• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

BASIC PAYPAL QUESTION NOT ANSWERED

Desertsky

I have a problem that has been highlighted on this forum several times by others with no responses. Does no one know why this is happening or are we just being ignored?

When completing a sale through PayPal, the PayPal order shows the item being ordered as the store name instead of the actual product. The confirmation email going to the customer from PayPal shows the store name and not the product.

Its happening because the standard paypal module isnt built to send the list of products to paypal :D

If you need this functionality then you will need to add it to the paypal module.

I think there is a contribution that does this but cant be sure.

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

Hi Desertsky,

You need to install the paypal IPN Module here

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1753

Its a bit of work but it will pass the individual items to paypal as opposed to the shopping cart total.

I've just installed it but havent got it working properly yet. Its another question that seems to go around in circles on this forum....

Thanks for the replies. I have downloaded the IPM file but it asks me to do things I don't know HOW to do. Such as use PHPMYADMIN to execute a file. The PHPMYADMIN on my host service does not appear to have that capability. How would I do it in that case?

The rest I can easily do.

Hi Desertsky,

You need to install the paypal IPN Module here

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1753

Its a bit of work but it will pass the individual items to paypal as opposed to the shopping cart total.

I've just installed it but havent got it working properly yet. Its another question that seems to go around in circles on this forum....

Thanks for the replies.  I have downloaded the IPM file but it asks me to do things I don't know HOW to do.  Such as use PHPMYADMIN to execute a file.  The PHPMYADMIN on my host service does not appear to have that capability.  How would I do it in that case?

The rest I can easily do.

If you have phpmyadmin you can run the sql file.

1. choose your database

2. click on the sql tab at the top

3. click on browse and drill down to the sql file and click ok

4. click on go

5. you are done

BACK UP YOUR DATABASE IN YOUR OSC ADMIN BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES!!

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??