• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Refunds. Are they possible?!?

AutumnTD

The store is set up with LinkPoint (aka yourpay.com, aka Express Merchant Solutions, aka First Data... jeez, does everybody own everybody out there?).

Transactions seem to be going through alright with the LinkPoint contribution. It looks like the Authorize.net contribution, and others similar. But all of a sudden, we need to refund a credit card, and the store owner expects me (the developer) to tell her how.

I dig around and deduce that the refund must be through the credit card company, and send her in that direction. They toss her around between 10 different help desk numbers, all claiming to have no answer.

Finally, a rep comes out and says, "You have to initiate a refund through your shopping cart software. We don't provide any support for osCommerce. Their technical support or customer service should be able to show you how to do it. We can't help you."

That was helpful. :(

I downloaded the RMA Returns Contribution, and its installation is causing enough problems to drive me crazy. I haven't yet been able to walk through a transaction successfully to see what it can do. From the looks of it, though, it's just an interface and record-keeping program... not something that's going to connect with my payment module directly.

So this is an urgent call to all you "technical support and customer service representatives" at osCommerce out there....

How can I refund this credit card???

First you decide what you've got to do, and then you go out and do it.

Maybe the most that we can do is just see each other through it.

Ani Difranco

you can not do a refund via osCommerce, it must be manually processed via the merchant account online terminal.

you can possibly write something tho, via the rma contribution, it will require more modification as it is not written to interface with a merchant account.

• 1 month later...

Is is possible to do a refund using the module Linkpoint API has. Check it out-

https://www.linkpoint.com/viewcart/download...0006_php.tar.gz

Get that file first.

Edit the RETURN.php first.

Change the following code below -- keyfile is your PEM file, use the FULL system path (like /home/user/cert.pem). And then change configfile to use your storenumber (6 digits if Linkpoint, 10 if Yourpay).

$myorder["keyfile"]    = "./YOURCERT.pem"; # Change this to the name and location of your certificate file 
$myorder["configfile"] = "1234567";        # Change this to your store number

Save it, and then copy the lphp.php file into the same directory as the RETURN.php. Then, pull up the RETURN.php file in a browser, and you should be able to do returns!

Hi Scott:

I've just tried giving this a go, first dropping return.php into catalog/includes/linkpoint/ (together with lphp.php). That resulted in permission problems (403 Forbidden--"You don't have permission to access /catalog/includes/linkpoint/return.php on this server.")...I've tweaked my .htaccess files and changed folder/file permissions, but no joy.

So then I copied both return.php and lphp.php into the catalog directory--no permission problems there, but instead I get this:

Looking into result.php, that would seem to indicate "transaction failed"...

As recommended, using full system path for the key file in return.php:

/home/myserver/public_html/catalog/includes/linkpoint/mystore#.pem

Any ideas?

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

• 4 years later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but is there an add-on for RMA's now? Thanks for any input.

Hi Scott:

I've just tried giving this a go, first dropping return.php into catalog/includes/linkpoint/ (together with lphp.php). That resulted in permission problems (403 Forbidden--"You don't have permission to access /catalog/includes/linkpoint/return.php on this server.")...I've tweaked my .htaccess files and changed folder/file permissions, but no joy.

So then I copied both return.php and lphp.php into the catalog directory--no permission problems there, but instead I get this:

Looking into result.php, that would seem to indicate "transaction failed"...

As recommended, using full system path for the key file in return.php:

/home/myserver/public_html/catalog/includes/linkpoint/mystore#.pem

Any ideas?

Yes, it is in the contribution section.

Jack

Thanks, I did look through the 14 pages, but I'm not sure which one you were referring to. Do you happen to know the name of it? Thank you.

• 2 months later...
The store is set up with LinkPoint (aka yourpay.com, aka Express Merchant Solutions, aka First Data... jeez, does everybody own everybody out there?).

Transactions seem to be going through alright with the LinkPoint contribution. It looks like the Authorize.net contribution, and others similar. But all of a sudden, we need to refund a credit card, and the store owner expects me (the developer) to tell her how.

I dig around and deduce that the refund must be through the credit card company, and send her in that direction. They toss her around between 10 different help desk numbers, all claiming to have no answer.

Finally, a rep comes out and says, "You have to initiate a refund through your shopping cart software. We don't provide any support for osCommerce. Their technical support or customer service should be able to show you how to do it. We can't help you."

That was helpful. :(

I downloaded the RMA Returns Contribution, and its installation is causing enough problems to drive me crazy. I haven't yet been able to walk through a transaction successfully to see what it can do. From the looks of it, though, it's just an interface and record-keeping program... not something that's going to connect with my payment module directly.

So this is an urgent call to all you "technical support and customer service representatives" at osCommerce out there....

How can I refund this credit card???

You can do a refund through code either on the orders page or elsewhere. We haven't finalized it due to a lack of time but if someone wanted to pay for some time, we can do it. Otherwise you have to go to your payment processing panel at linkpoint/yourpay where you review your transaction, take your transaction number and perform a refund through their virtual terminal.