• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Canada Post Module 3.6

Hi,

I've looked everywhere for some information on how to upload the CPMS2.sql file from the Canada Post module to my database, and have had no luck.

I am using phpmyadmin.

Can someone please steer me in the correct direction on some docs that will explain to me how to do this?

Thank you.

1) From phpmyadmin click on your DB to open it. You should have the headings "Structure SQL Export Search Query" across the top of your screen.

2) Click on "SQL" in the heading. You should see a text box with a button that says "browse" on it.

3) Click on "browse" and a window will open with the files on your computer. Highlight the "CPMS2.sql" file and click "open.

4) the "CPMS2.sql" should now be in the text box. Press "GO" and it will import the file to your DB.

**DON'T DO ANYTHING AFTER THAT, IT IS DONE**

HTH

Peter

PS Your ebay logo on your home page is messed up. Upload it again in binary format, not ASCII.

PPS See contributions listed below also.

Edited by Java Roasters

1) From phpmyadmin click on your DB to open it.  You should have the headings "Structure SQL Export Search Query" across the top of your screen.

2) Click on "SQL" in the heading.  You should see a text box with a button that says "browse" on it.

3) Click on "browse" and a window will open with the files on your computer.  Highlight the "CPMS2.sql" file and click "open.

4) the "CPMS2.sql" should now be in the text box.  Press "GO" and it will import the file to your DB.

**DON'T DO ANYTHING AFTER THAT, IT IS DONE**

HTH

Peter

PS Your ebay logo on your home page is messed up.  Upload it again in binary format, not ASCII.

PPS See contributions listed below also.

Thanks for the help with that Peter. I had actually tried that previously but was trying to execute in a test table before going right into my database (that's why it wasn't working). Any how, once I tried it on the main db it worked fine. One problem though, now I have this error showing XML parsing error on my checkout page.

I'm off to search for a fix, but if you have any suggestions on that, I'd appreciate it.

BTW, how did you see my home page? From one of my previous posts? That's not really my home page, it'll be the OSC page once I have every running smoothly, but thanks for the eBay logo advice non the less.

There is a box in the modules admin that reads "Enter Your CanadaPost Customer ID Canada Post Customer ID Merchant Identification assigned by Canada Post.". Without it you will get the XLM Parsing error. Call them tomorrow and ask to for one on the production server.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for all your feedback. I had managed to get it working already.

Have you used CPC's test platform? I'm assuming yes. I noticed that the test platform does not seem to offer to empty space in box calculation (and show that graphic), do you know if there's a way to activate this? Also, regarding handling fee, my warehouse charges me a percentage based on the value of the order. CPC doesn't seem to allow this (although when I was working through the custom config tool, I saw and option to calculate handling based on the amount of the order). Do you know anything about that?

As far as I remember you still need an account for it to work (even on the test server) and there might have been a problem geting it to work on the test server. Best to call them, get an account and ask for it to be on the production server at the same time (then no problems at all). I have never looked at the handling fees part (I don't need them).

Peter