• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS error

zawohn

Hello,

I am having following error message:

An error occured with the UPS shipping calculations.

The requested service is invalid from the selected origin.

If you prefer to use UPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

How should I fix it?

Please help.

Zaw

did you place it in the spot Tom stated, in Administration->Configuration->Shipping/Packaging?

yes, postal code is the same as zip code

Yes. My postal code is correct.

One thing I found out that when item has a weight, USPS and UPS work correctly. But when item has zero weight, UPS has an error and USPS is adding 0.1 lb and charging the shipping.

How do I fix it?

Sincerely,

Zaw

Yes.  My postal code is correct. 

One thing I found out that when item has a weight, USPS and UPS work correctly.  But when item has zero weight, UPS has an error and USPS is adding 0.1 lb and charging the shipping.

How do I fix it?

Sincerely,

Zaw

Do a search for "Free Shipping" or related terms. (I don't use it, so can't help with the details)

UPS and USPS are both weight based - they won't accept a 0 weight package because it is not possible to ship something that weighs nothing,

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!