• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Uk HSBC Secure ePayments CPI - anyone ?

driftwood

Ok, after being dumped by paysystems I decided to run my site with just paypal & post-a-cheque options as a test to see if I could really to go with paypal for credit card customers.

Well the test shows that I'm losing orders and I suspect it's the impluse buyers I'm losing. I need to take credit card and make the process as seamless as possible (suggestions?) The thing is my sales are not that high and last time I checked it just wasn't feasible.

I bank with hsbc in the UK and notice they now have what they call - Secure ePayments CPI - seems to act a lot like paysystems but like all banks they don;t give much away unless they have you in the office where they can apply pressure.

Anyone use this system or can recomment another, seen worldpay but heard a few bad things about the service.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OSC user for years and no coder, so I've earned my stripes.

Feel free to private message me.

Ok, after being dumped by paysystems I decided to run my site with just paypal & post-a-cheque options as a test to see if I could really to go with paypal for credit card customers.

Well the test shows that I'm losing orders and I suspect it's the impluse buyers I'm losing. I need to take credit card and make the process as seamless as possible (suggestions?) The thing is my sales are not that high and last time I checked it just wasn't feasible.

I bank with hsbc in the UK and notice they now have what they call - Secure ePayments CPI - seems to act a lot like paysystems but like all banks they don;t give much away unless they have you in the office where they can apply pressure.

Anyone use this system or can recomment another, seen worldpay but heard a few bad things about the service.

I use HSBC, it has been down once in the last 3 months, but was sorted out very quickly. Their technical support, in my view, is excellent. They came to see me when I applied for the service, there was no arm twisting. I think they feel that a meeting is better than going on a simple credit check.

HI,

I have a client that wishes to use this system, I have downloaded the payment module from the support site (oscommerce) - but how is it installed and intergrated into the database/catalog?

This is only my 3rd catalog and I have only minimal knowledge of php...

Yours Dean...

Keep the web FREE..

Ok - I've managed to install the ness bits and have entered the required data into the admin CP - but when I run a test of the ordering system, I am getting no responce from the merchents SSL server. Has anybody got an idea of what is going wrong and how to rectify it?

Thanks in advance... :D

Yours Dean...

Keep the web FREE..

• 3 weeks later...

After days of trying different settings, I have now got all the client ID, Hash keys are CPI URL correct. The shop is now under SSL and I am getting a responce from HSBC - but it's an error 'Hacking Attempt'.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

PS - HSBC are no help what so ever, they keep pointing me in this direction....

Yours Dean...

Keep the web FREE..

I use HSBC, it has been down once in the last 3 months, but was sorted out very quickly. Their technical support, in my view, is excellent. They came to see me when I applied for the service, there was no arm twisting. I think they feel that a meeting is better than going on a simple credit check.

Gone with Worldpay now, they seem to know what they are doing and the Contributution works well. It's just a great shame that the bank the money will end up in can't provide a service for a decent price. What I was quoted by HSBC was just silly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OSC user for years and no coder, so I've earned my stripes.

Feel free to private message me.