• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Zones Shipping adds 2 lbs.

Hi,

I've installed the zones module which allows us to have as many zones as needed for shipping charges to vary according to countries etc.

I find that 2 lbs. has been added to the ship weight during checkout process.

For example: If the product weighs 1 lb.(as I designated in the product desciption area) - During checkout, the product weight shows up at 3 lbs. and the billing charge total refects 3 lbs.

It should be noted that if two items are in the cart @ 1 lb. per each item, the total weight comes up at 4 lbs. This means, I think, that somehow, there is a default 2 lb weight error coming in.

How do we fix this error?

Help is GREATLY appreciated! I've got to have this cart ready by Oct. 10, 2004.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Tim E

Check your Package Tare Weight setting (Shipping/Packaging under the Configuration menu).

I mean, I've set the Tare weight to 0 in the configuration prefs. The ship weight now comes up 1.1 lbs. for an item that I've set to weight 1 lb.

A product that I've set to 2 lbs., comes up at 2.2 lbs. in the checkout.

I really try to take care of this stuff on my own, but here toward the end of set up, this and a couple of other issues have me stumped.

The other biggie is getting a 404 page when the user clicks "continue" on the CHECKOUT_SUCCESS.php page.

We're getting closer to solution - not quite there yet though.

Thanks in advance for the kind help.

Tim E

Okay ... Problem solved.

For those who run into the same problem ...

In Administration > Modules > Shipping/Packaging > Larger Packages - percentage increase

I had to make the number 0

Hope this helps.

Tim E

Okay ... Problem solved.

For those who run into the same problem ...

In Administration > Modules > Shipping/Packaging > Larger Packages - percentage increase

I had to make the number 0

Hope this helps.

Tim E

Oops ...

That line is supposed to be -

In Administration > Configuration > Shipping/Packaging > Larger Packages - percentage increase

Tim E

Archived