• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Free Shipping

coolcl

One question, how can I get Free Shipping being apply to the sub-total ONLY. What I am getting is that the free shipping takes in account the taxes witch is after the sub-total. I have changed the sort orders but no joy, I am still getting the taxes amount included in the free shipping.

Any one can help?

Many thanks...

ccl

• 2 months later...

Why would any online shop include taxes in determining if an order has reached free shipping? Free shipping on orders over XX.XX

XX.XX has to be the subtotal of the product being ordered - not a number that includes taxes being paid to a govt... This is a major issue with OSC IMHO - is this a bug?

• 2 years later...

This worked for me:-

1. Find in catalog/checkout_shipping.php around line 86

$free_shipping = false;

if ( ($pass == true) && ($order->info['total'] >= MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER) ) {

$free_shipping = true;

and change to this:

$free_shipping = false;

if ( ($pass == true) && ($order->info['subtotal'] >= MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER) ) {

$free_shipping = true;

2. Find in catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_shipping.php around line 41

if ( ($pass == true) && ( ($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) >= MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER) ) {

and change to this:

if ( ($pass == true) && ( ($order->info['subtotal'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) >= MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER) ) {

3. And finally if you want, find in catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_shipping.php

at line 17

define('FREE_SHIPPING_DESCRIPTION', 'Free shipping for orders over %s');

and change to this:

define('FREE_SHIPPING_DESCRIPTION', 'Free shipping for orders over %s exc.VAT');

Hope this helps someone.

• 1 month later...
This worked for me:-

1. Find in catalog/checkout_shipping.php around line 86

$free_shipping = false;

if ( ($pass == true) && ($order->info['total'] >= MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER) ) {

$free_shipping = true;

and change to this:

$free_shipping = false;

if ( ($pass == true) && ($order->info['subtotal'] >= MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER) ) {

$free_shipping = true;

2. Find in catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_shipping.php around line 41

if ( ($pass == true) && ( ($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) >= MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER) ) {

and change to this:

if ( ($pass == true) && ( ($order->info['subtotal'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) >= MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER) ) {

3. And finally if you want, find in catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_shipping.php

at line 17

define('FREE_SHIPPING_DESCRIPTION', 'Free shipping for orders over %s');

and change to this:

define('FREE_SHIPPING_DESCRIPTION', 'Free shipping for orders over %s exc.VAT');

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks Richard,

This is just what I was looking for.