• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fixed Shipping

i have posted about this module before. i have just discovered, that with the fixed shipping module that comes with ebay manager, it does not combine all the shipping cost if you have more than one item in your cart. it uses the first item listed in the cart and only charges shipping on that item.

is there a fix for this, that anyone is aware of?

Thanks

Troy

i have posted about this module before.  i have just discovered, that with the fixed shipping module that comes with ebay manager, it does not combine all the shipping cost if you have more than one item in your cart.  it uses the first item listed in the cart and only charges shipping on that item. 

is there a fix for this, that anyone is aware of?

Thanks

Troy

No, it charges shipping on the first item, and then the "additional_shipping" amount for each additional item. (Similar to how it works on eBay.)

so what if my customer wants to buy something else off my store, thats not a ebay item, the are only going to be charged the shipping on the first item in the shopping cart wether its 100 shipping or 1.00 shipping?

im sorry but that makes no sense, just my 2 cents...........

Troy

No, it charges shipping on the first item, and then the "additional_shipping" amount for each additional item.  (Similar to how it works on eBay.)

No....It really has nothing to do with whether it is an eBay item or an osCommerce item. It's been a while since I looked at the logic, but I think what happens is that it uses the first item to determine the shipping amount and then uses the additional shipping amount *defined for each other item* as the additional shipping amount. There can of course be some additional logic in there to select the item with the largest shipping cost, but I think it currently just picks the first item in the shopping cart. As I mentioned before, the source is available, and should be simple to modify for your needs.