• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1st Store, getting hits but no sales

stevejebson

hitekhairtools

General site feedback would be great, also...

My 1st OSC store (hopefully of many), we're getting a hundred or so hits a day, sold 3 items in the 1st couple of days but then nothing since (3 weeks). I monitor prices of other sites offering same products and I know we are the cheapest. Feedback would be very welcome, especialy if there are any problems ordering.

THanks in advance

Steve

hitekhairtools

General site feedback would be great, also...

My 1st OSC store (hopefully of many), we're getting a hundred or so hits a day, sold 3 items in the 1st couple of days but then nothing since (3 weeks). I monitor prices of other sites offering same products and I know we are the cheapest. Feedback would be very welcome, especialy if there are any problems ordering.

THanks in advance

Steve

In general the shop looks very stock OSc. But i think the main problems is your site is not optimized. Have a look in SEO (search Engine Optimilization).

Giovanna

It's all in marketing. How are you getting your site out there? I can tell you, unless you're on the first page of some very popular keywords, you're not going to make much if you are depending on the search engines alone to market you.

How are you advertising? What is your strategy to bring more traffic in? 100 unique visitors per day is not much traffic. 100 hits per day is even less, probably about 30 unique visitors. But where are they coming from?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

It's all in marketing. How are you getting your site out there? I can tell you, unless you're on the first page of some very popular keywords, you're not going to make much if you are depending on the search engines alone to market you.

I'm very new to all of this, apart from trying to get listed on the search engines i'm not sure how to approach it all. If there are any companies that you can recommend for marketing purposes i'd be very intrested in hearing about them.

How are you advertising? What is your strategy to bring more traffic in? 100 unique visitors per day is not much traffic. 100 hits per day is even less, probably about 30 unique visitors. But where are they coming from?

Again, very green about all this. At the moment we're using GoggleAds and are thinking about Overture but we're spending about ?15 a day with GoogleAds with currently no return ! I've installed the User Tracking to see what pages people visit but i would have no idea "where they are comming from" apart from the flag indicators in the User Tracking.

Just one price comparison:

Your listing: T3 Hair Dryer (1800W Tourmaline Ionic Dryer) $162.58

searching on google reveals this site (listed first), which offers it for $149.99

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...?v=glance&s=hpc

You definitely need to add 'Shipping & Returns' info and update the contact info. Many people will want to see a physical address and phone # before ordering from a new company on the internet.

Pete

If you are spending 15.00 per day on google, and you are NOT getting any ROI, then you've probably got several problems.

- Your maximum cost per click is too high. Don't use what Google suggests. Lower it to about $.10 or even $.05 per click. Don't worry about being the first advertiser in the list. Concentrate more on wording your ad to really jump off the page at the browser.

- Use more specific key phrases. Worry less about how many click a key phrase will bring in, and more about how many QUALITY clicks you'll get. 'Hair Products' might give you 100 clicks per day, and no sales, while 'buy hair products' might being in 10 clicks but 1 sale. Which is worth more to you?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

OK here are my thoughts:

You need to make the products more attractive on your site.

What I would like to see on your site is pictures of what your products achieve - girls or boys with lovely hair I suppose.

What I would prefer not to see is the revolving propellor blade thingy on your home page.

Maybe you could use a second colour to the the site more presence. There have been several good tool for choosing one, that have been mentioned on the forums, including a page called colormatch remix (sorry I don't have the url)

yeah, the revolving propeller blade thingy is quite annoying.

Perhaps it it weren't looping...?

I thought I had been transported to the movie 2001. <-- Full site review coming soon to a forum section near you. This is just the sneak peak. :'(

yeah, the revolving propeller blade thingy is quite annoying.

Perhaps it it weren't looping...?

Very PINK, maybe need another colour to get the tone right.

SEO big problem by the sounds of it. No Privacy, shipping, conditions, nothing there. I wouldn't buy from you even if you were giving them away without that information.

You seem to be targeting quite a large market but only have 20 products!!

If you are specializing in this stuff, maybe you need a wider choice for the visitors. If someone (eventually) gets to your site because they have searched and want a hairdryer, i think they would prefer a choice.

Get rid of the stock osCom gifs, Naff.

Julian

Only guessing about the marketing side, IM BALD as a coot.

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

Archived