• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stylesheet Changes

cre8itdesigns

Hi! I justed updated the stylesheet so that the colors would match those of my main web site design. It looks the way I want it too except for those little corner images that have been added to the boxes to make them look rounded. They are a different color now. I don't care if they are rounded or not, so how can I just delete them alltogether? I can't seem to find the file that they are located in...Not the images themselves (I found those already) but the file that executes their placement on the pages. Can I just delete them?

THANKS in advance for any help!

Gina

Hi! I justed updated the stylesheet so that the colors would match those of my main web site design. It looks the way I want it too except for those little corner images that have been added to the boxes to make them look rounded. They are a different color now. I don't care if they are rounded or not, so how can I just delete them alltogether? I can't seem to find the file that they are located in...Not the images themselves (I found those already) but the file that executes their placement on the pages. Can I just delete them?

THANKS in advance for any help!

Gina

why not just open the images and colour the full image the colour of the background? saves trying to remove them. This would take literally 1 minute. Simply open up PS, add new layer, select the colour you want and fill the full layer, flatten image and your done. save it over both corner images and upload. :)

Kind Regards :)

Lee McLachlan

-------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...
why not just open the images and colour the full image the colour of the background? saves trying to remove them. This would take literally 1 minute. Simply open up PS, add new layer, select the colour you want and fill the full layer, flatten image and your done. save it over both corner images and upload. :)

I am having the same problem with the boxes on the main page. What is PS?

I don't understand why changing a product images background would affect the border of the box. How can I fix the box border color problem?

Lost.

I assume that PS is Adobe Photoshop. I would rename the old corners "old_corner_left", "old_corner_left_right", and "old_corner_right" (covers the rounded and boxed ends), then create new files of the same size with your own colors and name them "corner_right", "corner_left_right", and "corner_left". Just ftp the new image files to your server and you should see the boxes with the new colors.

I'm trying to change the color of the corners but can't seem to find the exact color I used in the stylesheet. I'm using Corel Photopaint and not sure how to find the same color...guess I'll just keep trying different ones until I find one that is close! Anyway, just thought I'd let everyone know that I FINALLY found the file that contains the corners: includes/classes/boxes.php. However, I've tried removing them but can't figure out what should stay and what should go. If anyone figures it out please let me know! Otherwise, I'll be re-coloring the corners until I find the right color! THANKS!

just pull the graphics into an editing program, get rid of whatever is there and make the image 100% transparent. then just reupload them (you can resave the old ones with a different name first in case you want to go back). Then you don't have to match the color.

hth

I'm trying to change the color of the corners but can't seem to find the exact color I used in the stylesheet. I'm using Corel Photopaint and not sure how to find the same color...guess I'll just keep trying different ones until I find one that is close! Anyway, just thought I'd let everyone know that I FINALLY found the file that contains the corners: includes/classes/boxes.php. However, I've tried removing them but can't figure out what should stay and what should go. If anyone figures it out please let me know! Otherwise, I'll be re-coloring the corners until I find the right color! THANKS!

If you cannot match the colors or just do not want to you can take the image file pixel_clear.gif (found in your images folder) do a save as and rename it to your box corner files. It is just a 1pixel clear gif and will not show up no matter what changes you make to the colors.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

• 2 weeks later...
If you cannot match the colors or just do not want to you can take the image file pixel_clear.gif (found in your images folder) do a save as and rename it to your box corner files.  It is just a 1pixel clear gif and will not show up no matter what changes you make to the colors.

Thanks! I did this and it worked nicely. Just for information purposes incase someone else needs this info, the file name was actually pixel_trans.gif. I just copied it to the images/infobox folder and then deleted the corner_left.gif, corner_right.gif, and corner_right_left.gif files and then renamed copies of pixel_trans.gif to those file names. Thanks again! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks! I did this and it worked nicely. Just for information purposes incase someone else needs this info, the file name was actually pixel_trans.gif. I just copied it to the images/infobox folder and then deleted the corner_left.gif, corner_right.gif, and corner_right_left.gif files and then renamed copies of pixel_trans.gif to those file names. Thanks again!  :D

Were the box corners still rounded, or did this make them square?

Christina