Sign in to follow this  
bidiot

Individual shipping selectable per product

Hi

It seems that a modified individual shipping modual where you can select it to be enabled or not when entering a product would solve a few problems.

enabled with 0 would indicate a free product

enabled with value would be the overriding shipping value

not enabled use normal shipping calculations.

A lot easy for admin usuers to understand.

The checkout would of course ensure the right shipping modules are available depending on if one or more indicidual tiems exist in the cart.

You could also use this to indicate when the product is display it includes free shipping.

This would be bettre than using 0 weight methods as shipping costs don't necessarily correspond to weight or could be tempory.

Has someone done something like this?

I am hoping I can be saved the time!...

I too, would have use for this. We offer specials, for example one week a book might be regular price with shipping of 3.50 and the next week the same book might ship for .99 cents. To be able to turn this on and off would be nice. Is there a way to do this? :blink:

It seems that a modified individual shipping modual where you can select it to be enabled or not when entering a product would solve a few problems.

enabled with 0 would indicate a free product

enabled with value would be the overriding shipping value

not enabled use normal shipping calculations.

A lot easy for admin usuers to understand.

The checkout would of course ensure the right shipping modules are available depending on if one or more indicidual tiems exist in the cart.

You could also use this to indicate when the product is display it includes free shipping.

This would be bettre than using 0 weight methods as shipping costs don't necessarily correspond to weight or could be tempory.

Has someone done something like this?

I am hoping I can be saved the time!...