• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How tro get Google to spider more than one page

Vger

Okay, I had everything set up beautifully. The site is ip based, with its own full ssl cert, and was set to 'Force Cookie Use'. Then I installed the HSBC eSecure module, which wouldn't work properly with 'Force Cookie Use' enabled, so I had to turn it off. Obviously I don't want spiders generating session ids, so I turned on the 'Prevent Spider Sessions' feature. Now, when Google visits it indexes the homepage only and moves on. This is not good.

Does anyone know how to allow Google to index the whole site, without generating session ids?

Vger

As far as i know, this is normal. Spiders tend to visit only the index/home page at first, and this can take a few weeks before it does that. It can be months before it spiders the entire site. Unfortunately, you have to be patient.

It started visiting my site after @ a week of submitting, then it appeared to come on a daily basis. It has only started crawling the full site this month, and i submitted towards the end of June.

I have put a post on here, "has google gone mad" as it has spidered me more than 1000 times this month, most of which has been only this week.

The replies seem to be as above.

Julian

ps: i have recreate session ID set to false also.

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

Archived