• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Post Satchels

creationsbykate

Hi,

ondering if anybody has a way of selecting prepaid satchels as a shipping option,

basically, anything up to 500grams one price, 500g to 3kg another price,

I tried this using the table, but had no luck, does it accept decimal places eg .5 as 500g

Any ideas

Gifts! Ceramic Tiles! Magnets! Coasters!

What weight unit (grams/Kgs) are you using in the shop?

What table are you configuring in table rate shipping module?

Table rate shipping module must solve your purpose.

Same problems here, I will let you know if I find a solution.

I found my costs only include the handling fee and none of the weight based costs.

I have a vague memory that if I wanted to calculate <1kg shipping I had to use grams (or 100g) as the default unit of measure.

So in table shipping set up 500 and 3000 as the table points then in the catalogue enter weight as grams.

my problem is what happens with heavier items that cost differing amounts to send interstate. 16kg to Western Australia costs about $30 vs $6 to Sydney,

If anyone has suggestions I'd appreciate it.

I have a vague memory that if I wanted to calculate <1kg  shipping I had to use grams (or 100g) as the default unit of measure.

So in table shipping set up 500 and 3000 as the table points then in the catalogue enter weight as grams.

my problem is what happens with heavier items that cost differing amounts to send interstate. 16kg to Western Australia costs about $30 vs $6 to Sydney,

If anyone has suggestions I'd appreciate it.

I am having exactly the same problem Australian shipping zone suck each state has different pricings out side capital citys. :blink: I have installed shipping module Individual-Ship-v3.1 this way you can preset item shipping price to an average state postage price in catalog but it works out very expencive when multiple items are purchased If you find the answer I would also like to know

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

ondering if anybody has a way of selecting prepaid satchels as a shipping option,

basically, anything up to 500grams one price, 500g to 3kg another price,

I tried this using the table, but had no luck, does it accept decimal places eg .5 as 500g

Any ideas

table rate works quite well

make sure you go into admin, configuration,shipping package,

set max package as 3

set tare weight and %increase 2 at zero (you change this later after you get the idea, tho for satchels I would not use.

set the weight .5:5.00,3:9.00 etc etc

make sure you goods are accurate weights in regard to what you want to charge.

If you want insert additional table rates (additional tables and create satchels for express post etc.

Have a look and drop me an email in the next couple of days, I am trying to get the auspost module working at the moment and need to use a visible checkpout error to get feedback - when it is working I woill put the tables back up as a shipping option

http://www.telepoint.biz/shop/

will give you a look

Geoff

Geoff

Telegraph Point 2441

Australia

Have a look and drop me an email in the next couple of days, I am trying to get the auspost module working at the moment and need to use a visible checkpout error to get feedback - when it is working I woill put the tables back up as a shipping option

http://www.telepoint.biz/shop/

will give you a look

Geoff

Hi Geoff

I managed to get the Austpost module working (then stopped using it) If you have any questions drop me an email.

Cheers

PaulZag

Hi Geoff

I managed to get the Austpost module working (then stopped using it) If you have any questions drop me an email.

Cheers

PaulZag

Thanks Paul

does the module directly access the auspost calculation page for the results, the error I get seems to indicate that my provider has stopped mySQL from accessing external links ?

Why did you stop using it ?

Geoff

Telegraph Point 2441

Australia

Thanks Paul

does the module directly access the auspost calculation page for the results, the error I get seems to indicate that my provider has stopped mySQL from accessing external links ?

Why did you stop using it ?

I think it's more the module that access the external site. you'll see in the code

$url = "http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=$frompcode&Destination_Postcode=$topcode&Country=AU&Weight=$sweight&Service_Type=STANDARD&Height=$sheight&Width=$swidth&Length=$slength&Quantity=$shipping_num_boxes";

That's the AustPost url for their calculator.

The austpostair module has a bug in the naming of the module so there is a fixed update.

I stopped using it because some of my products are charged at significantly above austpost rates. I couldn't work out how to NOT offer austpost on those products.

I've found customers will pick the cheapest rate that shows up.

It appeared to be an all or nothing thing.

My problem is I charge different rates for each state. And those rate change by band weights. My products range from 200g to 16kg. So a $2 handling fee is a lot on 200 grams and not enough on 16kg

On the drive to work I thought of using 5 different table rates and calling them NSW, Qld, Vic, SA, and TAS/WA. That involves trusting the customer to pick the rate for their state.

One of the things driving me to consider a commercial ecommerce solution is the shipping module hassles.

Ok thanks

I have tried multiple tables and would prefer that shipping modules that are not acceptable for a given good eg as a 10kg item would not fit in a 3 kg satchel the option for the satchel should not even show but it does.

As you say people will look at the options without reading and select the cheapest rate available, currently I am trying to provide a concise description of what can be shipped in each option

thanks again

Geoff

Geoff

Telegraph Point 2441

Australia