• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Plug 'n Pay API mod works flawlessly...

mxtc

Hi guys. I have Plug 'n Pay as my payment processor. Until now, I've had to manually go into my gateway account and enter the order/billing info to process my orders.

Looking for ways to COMPLETELY automate this part of the process, I searched all over this site and only found problem posts about some of Plug 'n Pay's code and contributions not working as best as they could.

The best I had found so far was that someone had to actually leave your site in the middle of the sales process and enter their billing info on Plug 'n Pays website. I'm sorry, but that didn't do it for me. It just comes off as a little too unprofessional. You don't see amazon or similar websites doing that do you?

Anyway, I checked the Plug 'n Pay website under the "Cart Downloads", and now there's an API (I think it was added the 17th of this month) that will send all the necessary info to plugnpay, process it (gives you the option of having it automatically post-authorize, or you can manually post-authorize in your Plug 'n Pay admin), and then shoots ALL the order info back to osC for the detailed order completion page.

This all takes place in a blink of an eye, and the customer never leaves your site. They just go from the confirmation page straight to the post-confirmation page.

For anyone that does use Plug 'n Pay, you can download the API files in the cart download page under Support --> API & Cart Downloads in the navigation menu on the home page at www.PlugnPay.com.

They give you 6 or 7 modified files that you can just upload straight onto your site, and then gives you directions on what options are available to you in the admin under Modules --> Payment Modules, and what to do with them. There's not many, and they're pretty straight forward.

About the only contribution I have is the one that makes your order process more like amazon's, where you make it look like people aren't actually creating an account, it just looks to them like they're entering their billing info (you can check out the payment process at http://www.MotocrossTrainingCenter.com/ecommerce/os/catalog, then add something to your cart and click checkout. That's where you'll see the mod. And just uploading these files and overwriting the old ones didn't affect this at all.

Real simple, real straight forward, and COMPLETELY AUTOMATED, just how I like it. I love automation.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about this API mod from Plug 'n Pay. :D

Sincerely,

Paul

Hi Paul,

I have spent whole week to find a way out. Finally, you give me the answer! Millions of thanks to you from the bottom of my heart.

I did what exactly you told. But I still run into some problems.

Here is what I did:

1. Downloaded os2.2 ss module.

2. Uploaded to my site

3. Activated on admin

Do I have to do something else?

My problems are:

1. payment page leaves my site and goes to https://pay1.plugnpay.com/payment/pnpdemopay.cgi. It doesn?t happen on your site. What did you do to avoid it?

2. I got error "Invalid Method POST method must be used" after successfully submitted the order. Did you call PlugNPay to change "POST" to "GET" or you fix in your end?

Thanks,

May

Hi guys.  I have Plug 'n Pay as my payment processor.  Until now, I've had to manually go into my gateway account and enter the order/billing info to process my orders.

Looking for ways to COMPLETELY automate this part of the process, I searched all over this site and only found problem posts about some of Plug 'n Pay's code and contributions not working as best as they could.

The best I had found so far was that someone had to actually leave your site in the middle of the sales process and enter their billing info on Plug 'n Pays website.  I'm sorry, but that didn't do it for me.  It just comes off as a little too unprofessional.  You don't see amazon or similar websites doing that do you?

Anyway, I checked the Plug 'n Pay website under the "Cart Downloads", and now there's an API (I think it was added the 17th of this month) that will send all the necessary info to plugnpay, process it (gives you the option of having it automatically post-authorize, or you can manually post-authorize in your Plug 'n Pay admin), and then shoots ALL the order info back to osC for the detailed order completion page.

This all takes place in a blink of an eye, and the customer never leaves your site.  They just go from the confirmation page straight to the post-confirmation page.

For anyone that does use Plug 'n Pay, you can download the API files in the cart download page under Support --> API & Cart Downloads in the navigation menu on the home page at www.PlugnPay.com.

They give you 6 or 7 modified files that you can just upload straight onto your site, and then gives you directions on what options are available to you in the admin under Modules --> Payment Modules, and what to do with them.  There's not many, and they're pretty straight forward.

About the only contribution I have is the one that makes your order process more like amazon's, where you make it look like people aren't actually creating an account, it just looks to them like they're entering their billing info (you can check out the payment process at http://www.MotocrossTrainingCenter.com/ecommerce/os/catalog, then add something to your cart and click checkout.  That's where you'll see the mod.  And just uploading these files and overwriting the old ones didn't affect this at all.

Real simple, real straight forward, and COMPLETELY AUTOMATED, just how I like it.  I love automation.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about this API mod from Plug 'n Pay. :D

Sincerely,

Paul

xmccullo,

I see your problem. You downloaded the ss (smart screens) version of the osCommerce module. You need to download the API version as noted in my post. That's the one that will handle your entire transaction automatically.

It's the module called "oscommerce_2.2_api_module.zip". It's located two modules below the ss module you downloaded on Plug 'n Pay's website.

Sincerely,

Paul

Hello Paul, i really do need help. I have oscommerce on my site www.royalkicks.com which was set up for me by a man named jason and now i lost contact with him. I know nothing and no way to go after downloading this, can you tell me the steps to install this and the steps to access my site files. I know how to access admin and thats about it, any help with this plug n pay? even my 2checkout module wont work because i do not have ssl any help at all how to access my files and install these?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi guys.  I have Plug 'n Pay as my payment processor.  Until now, I've had to manually go into my gateway account and enter the order/billing info to process my orders.

The best I had found so far was that someone had to actually leave your site in the middle of the sales process and enter their billing info on Plug 'n Pays website.  I'm sorry, but that didn't do it for me.  It just comes off as a little too unprofessional.  You don't see amazon or similar websites doing that do you?

This all takes place in a blink of an eye, and the customer never leaves your site.  They just go from the confirmation page straight to the post-confirmation page.

They give you 6 or 7 modified files that you can just upload straight onto your site, and then gives you directions on what options are available to you in the admin under Modules --> Payment Modules, and what to do with them.  There's not many, and they're pretty straight forward.

About the only contribution I have is the one that makes your order process more like amazon's, where you make it look like people aren't actually creating an account, it just looks to them like they're entering their billing info (you can check out the payment process at http://www.MotocrossTrainingCenter.com/ecommerce/os/catalog, then add something to your cart and click checkout.  That's where you'll see the mod.  And just uploading these files and overwriting the old ones didn't affect this at all.

Real simple, real straight forward, and COMPLETELY AUTOMATED, just how I like it.  I love automation.

Sincerely,

Paul

Hi -- we've got the PlugnPay api for OSC 2.2 MS2 download installed and the payment processing works fine, but we have another issue.

We have 3 different payment methods offered: 1) Plugnpay, 2) PayPal, and 3) COD.

Whenever a customer selects either Paypal or COD, they correct payment action happens, but we ALSO get an e-mail like this as well:

-------------------------------------

Merchant Order ID: 12

SalesAgent:

Transaction Order ID: 21

Billing Address:

<persons name here>

<persons street address here>

<persons city, state zip here>

Shipping Address:

<persons shipping address here>

<persons email address here>

<persons phone number here>

MODEL NO. QTY CHARGE DESCRIPTION

<items order listed here>

Subtotal:

Tax: 0.00

Shipping: 0.00

Total: 242.00

Credit Card Authorization failed: Invalid Credit Card Number.|Credit Card Expiration

Date Expired.|

--------------------------------------

The email subject is: PnP - <persons name> fraud notification

So, it appears that the credit card authorization is attemped for * ALL * payment options offered -- and it happens on all of them, whether or not this is a credit card transaction or not.

I installed the module verbatim per the README file.

Any clues ???

Thx

Jeff R. Fritsche

Hi -- we've got the PlugnPay api for OSC 2.2 MS2 download installed and the payment processing works fine, but we have another issue.

We have 3 different payment methods offered: 1) Plugnpay, 2) PayPal, and 3) COD.

Whenever a customer selects either Paypal or COD, they correct payment action happens, but we ALSO get an e-mail like this as well:

-------------------------------------

Merchant Order ID: 12

SalesAgent:

Transaction Order ID: 21

Billing Address:

<persons name here>

<persons street address here>

<persons city, state zip here>

Shipping Address:

<persons shipping address here>

<persons email address here>

<persons phone number here>

MODEL NO.? ? ? ?  QTY?  CHARGE? ?  DESCRIPTION

<items order listed here>

Subtotal:?

Tax:? 0.00

Shipping:? 0.00

Total:? 242.00

Credit Card Authorization failed: Invalid Credit Card Number.|Credit Card Expiration

Date Expired.|

--------------------------------------

The email subject is:?  PnP - <persons name> fraud notification

So, it appears that the credit card authorization is attemped for * ALL * payment options offered --? and it happens on all of them, whether or not this is a credit card transaction or not.

I installed the module verbatim per the README file.

Any clues? ????

Thx

Jeff R. Fritsche

OK -- Looks like I found the issue.

The catalog/checkout_process.php that is included with the plugnpay api module has this section of code:

----------------------------

// Make sure the /catalog/includes/class/order.php is included

// and $order object is created before this!!!

if (MODULE_PAYMENT_PLUGNPAY_STATUS) {

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'plugnpay_api.php');

}

----------------------------

As a result, this code fires if the module is enabled -- no matter which payment method the customer picks. So the authorization attempt happens every time.

Here is my fix to the above code -- it's crude, I know. If someone can post a more "acceptable" fix it would be much appreciated.

// Make sure the /catalog/includes/class/order.php is included

// and $order object is created before this!!!

if( (MODULE_PAYMENT_PLUGNPAY_STATUS) && ($payment=='plugnpay') ) {

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'plugnpay_api.php');

}

I've tested this with several payment methods installed and enabled and it works correctly -- only does the c.c. authorization when the customer selects the PlugnPay payment option.

Thanks!

Jeff.

Edited by jefff

This sounds pretty good... Jeff, how much do they charge per transaction? Any setup fee? Couldn't find it on the site.

Also, this module allows for invisible, seamless processing, correct? Meaning, the customer never sees the plugnpay website?

Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...

Can somebody please help me, after installing this contribution by the instructions, my whole right side is gone now under the modules section in the admin. I cant install, edit, or remove any of my modules. I need immediate help please! Reach me via AIM or email. Thanks!

I am not going to do that, I already have orders and customers all through our database, even if i did do that, what would be the best benefit?

Well the primary benefit would be that you would have OSC up and running. Then you could take the backup from you production database and load it into the new database. And you would be all set.

Regards,

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have installed Plug'n Pay following the installation instructions provided by Plug'n Pay. The test transaction is successful on their end, however, there is a problem on the shopping cart side. This is what they responded when I contacted Plug'n Pay for help.

"I did this and the transaction shows successful on our server, which

indicates that you are integrated properly. However, there was an internal

server error from the shopping cart, which is something you'll have to

investigate from your side or contact the osCommerce community about."

I have no idea where to even begin to correct this problem. Can anyone help???

Thank you

My site is http://www.gottahavitny.com