• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

REPOST

daddyrabbit

My client is a photographer and wants her clients to be able to log in, see only their photos, choose and pay for a package, then have it shipped to them, not downloaded. Any suggestions? Will B2B work for this site?

Thanks for all of your help

Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.

you can create a directory for each client, password protect it via htaccess, and then send a link to the client to view the images, then they can go to order if they wish. you will need to watermark the photos to prevent the images from being usable to the customer to prevent them from selecting the image and download. i would also make them lower resolution.

you can create a directory for each client, password protect it via htaccess, and then send a link to the client to view the images, then they can go to order if they wish.  you will need to watermark the photos to prevent the images from being usable to the customer to prevent them from selecting the image and download.  i would also make them lower resolution.

Thanks!

So, catalog/{clientdir} with htaccess password, then link from that client page to the checkout page...right?

Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.

Thanks for your suggestion...I found a great script for password protecting individual directories...it's called DeadBolt...just thought I'd pass it along and thanks again! :thumbsup:

• 6 months later...

I too want to do this. I have installed oscommerece and have been doing alot of reading. How do I create a directory? Do I just copy everything in catalog and create a directory? If anyone can help. I am a photographer and want to do the same as mentioned above.

thanks

jaz