• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation of Column Controller

yellowriver_cpp

Hi,

I just installed a new OScommerce (2.2ms2) and try to install Column Controller (V2.0) with it. I installed the OSC first then painfully modify all php files followed the "readme" file come with Column Controller, then replaced the old ones on the server. Now all columns on the sites (both left and right) are disappeared. There are only 2 lines under "coloumn controller" in "tool" which are "Enable SZip..." and "Compression Level...".

The OSC site is freshly install, so as Column Controller. No products yet apart from sample ones.

I didn't know how to follow the last part of the "readme" file "Now, all you'll need to do is run the sql query for your database to add necessary data to run the Column Controller via your Administration Tool." How can I run the sql query? Where I can fine the step by step guide? I can log in to "PHP MyAdmin"

Please help!

www.zipscrip.com/onlineshop/

LJ

Not familiar with your problem, but you can try just overwriting all the files instead of changing them. You have nothing to lose if it's a brand new install. If it messes anything up, you just rewrite them with the original files.

Drive it like you stole it.

Sorry, I hadn't read your last part. After you get into phpmyadmin, click on SQL at the top of any page, then hit the Browse button, pick the file included with the column controller (the extension will be .php) and click Go.

Drive it like you stole it.

Hi Hisham,

Thanks for your reply. I selected "column_controller.php" from admin/ folder and hit go, then I get the following error message. Any ideas?

There seems to be an error in your SQL query. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem

ERROR: Unknown Punctuation String @ 1

STR:

SQL-query :

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '<?php

/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommer' at line 1

Thanks

LJ