• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

easy un-populate?

iamkim

:'( I need to start over with populating my store. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I've got many duplicates, $0.00 entries and over 800 books in "top" category. I never created a "top" category.

Thanks!

Building the web - One Site at A Time

I don't know of a contribution that will do this. You can delete them via the admin panel but that will take forever. Or you could try the following (be sure to back up first)

DELETE FROM products WHERE products_price="0";

This should work on that table but it may leave you with un-attached entries in the other product tables. A better approach might be to delete from all your products tables and use

WHERE products_id>'X' AND products_id<'Y'

where X and Y represent a range of product ID's.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't know of a contribution that will do this.  You can delete them via the admin panel but that will take forever.  Or you could try the following (be sure to back up first)
DELETE FROM products WHERE products_price="0";

This should work on that table but it may leave you with un-attached entries in the other product tables.  A better approach might be to delete from all your products tables and use

WHERE products_id>'X' AND products_id<'Y'

where X and Y represent a range of product ID's.

Jack

Thanks for your response... what I really need to know how to do is delete all the products in the "top" category. I deleted the other categories and that deleted all the products contained within them, but I didn't create a category named "top" so cant' delete it. The category seems to be inherent to OScommerce and the only way I've found to delete it's contents is one by one by one by %$%$one...which of course I can't possibly continue to do.

Any ideas?

iamkim,

THere is no "Top" category. These items are in no category, hence they show up as "Top". Your choices are, do the SQL hack that Jack suggested, dump the whole database and restart, delete the 800 products through admin, lengthy, or use soemthing like Easy Populate. EasyPopulate isn't built to delete items. But, you could use it to download the products, and then modify the download file to have the correct categories. (This assumes you want the products, but in the correct place.) Then, upload the catalog again via Easy Populate.

Good luck,

Ed

iamkim,

THere is no "Top" category.  These items are in no category, hence they show up as "Top".  Your choices are, do the SQL hack that Jack suggested, dump the whole database and restart, delete the 800 products through admin, lengthy, or use soemthing like Easy Populate.  EasyPopulate isn't built to delete items.  But, you could use it to download the products, and then modify the download file to have the correct categories.  (This assumes you want the products, but in the correct place.)  Then, upload the catalog again via Easy Populate.

Good luck,

Ed

Thanks Ed. I appreciate your response. What I've done for now is changed the status of each item to inactive. I used Easy Populate to bring them into the database didn't uploaded them with the correct "model numbers"/ISBNs, so you're suggestion re: easy populate won't put them back in the database in the correct folders with their correct ISBNs. I think when I add the ISBNs, the database will see them as new products, not as updated products.

Again, Thanks everyone who offered suggestions.

Kim :thumbsup:

• 7 years later...

Actually easypopulate.php writes

]// Set the v_status field to "Delete" if you want to remove the item from the system
define ('EP_DELETE_IT', 'Delete');

so i guess you can actually delete the products if instaed of active or inactive you set delete

i am trying it now to see what happens

I have a working EP version that also can delete entries.

I thought I uploaded my version at some time, probably years ago already, or put instructions here on how to do it ...

I'll dig a little to find out

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

found it, on the easy populate addonpage

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,500

check the entry for 31 july 2007, the history contains the link to the steps taht i posted in the support thread

so depending on what version you installed you might just need to amend it, or overwirte what you have with a version like this, or buily ontop of this version

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt