• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Package Tracking for Canada Post

Package Tracking for Canada Post

Based on Package Tracking UPS, USPS, & Fedex Version 1.3 by Wayne Wetterhahn (Hard Media) and with special thanks to yesUdo for his amazing help in putting this together.

Description: This contribution allows osCommerce store owners to provide real-time Canada Post package tracking to their customers. Store owners just enter the tracking number into a text box on the orders page inside the admin. This should be done when updating the order status to ?Shipped?. The customer will receive an email as usual telling them the order has been updated. Included in the email is a link which takes them to their account page on your website. On the order details page, the customer will find a box with their tracking number and a clickable box to track their package. This will open a new window, so the customer never leaves your website. If you do not want a customer to receive a tracking number or if you did not ship with a method that provides a tracking number, don't include one when updating the order.

I will do my best to answer questions regarding this package but it is just a hack and I am not the best at PHP.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here we go.

Sorry about pm'ing you.... :P :-"

Ok, I did a test purchase & I'm not sure how I can get rid of

/*Tracking contribution begin*/ /*Tracking contribution end*/ /*Tracking contribution begin*/ /*Tracking contribution end*/

from showing at the top of my order information page?

Hey if you don't ask questions in the contribution support thread how do you expect me to answer them 

Those should not show up.  They are not needed for the contribution to work.  I would just search the files and remove them.

I added those to the contribution thinking it would make it easier but I guess not. Live and learn.

Peter

So, how do I remove these? As I had mentioned I have very limited php skills... I'm sure that you will figure that out rather quickly.

Thanks for any help that you can offer.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Peter,

Remind me later to ask you how you can managed to go about setting up a program like this will little to no PHP experience. I'm eager to learn your tricks. :)

Ok, so I've gone through the complete install and am on step 22 doing the two tests. Here's the problem. I go through the order process (Canada Post is my shipping option) and I see nothing about a tracking numer. I just skip right on through to PayPal and out.

Any ideas why?

The tracking number is entered into the admin after the parcel is shipped. Until that time you don't have a tracking number from Canada Post. When you update the customers order to shipped (delivered is osC standard) then the customer will be notified and be able to access the tracking information by viewing their order on your site.

Peter

It's working now. It had something to do with PayPal I think. I loaded the Moneris module and connected to their test server, everything runs like a dream now! Except for you /*Comments*/ showing on the screen ;), I'll have to go back into the code and take those out. You should maybe add a comment to the contrib to remind people to remove the comments as they install.

I think I also now see the value in investing in a payment system like moneris, it's very slick and the customer never leaves my site.

Thanks again Peter.

Todd

• 1 month later...

Hi Peter;

I just installed the Canada Post tracking module into my Milestone 2 store and am having _gasp_ problems!

I'm certain I picked off the instructions correctly as they are very straightforward - thanks for that!

Here's what's happening. I did a test order and went in and edited it in the admin. I entered the tracking number into the box and updated the order to shipped. I then clicked on the link in the email and this is what came up;

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_TRACKING): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/frostysa/public_html/catalog/account_history_info.php on line 33

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_TRACKING' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/frostysa/public_html/catalog/account_history_info.php on line 33

It comes up any time I try to access order history - either through the store or the email. Any ideas on why this happens?

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

Wooops - I fixed it. It seems I missed one step - adding

define('FILENAME_TRACKING', 'tracking.php');

to application_top.php Obviously it couldn't find the file :'( Sorry about that. I do have one more issue though....

The tracking URL in the email is not quite right...

https://host212.ipowerweb.com/~frostysa/~frostysa/catalog/account_history_info.php?

As you can see it has ~frostysa/~frostysa in it twice. Any ideas on how to fix that?

EDIT: Woops again - I post too soon. It seems the stock order URL in the osCommerce email also has the ~frostysa/~frostysa in it too. This must be another error but if you do know how/where to fix it I would sure appreciate it :thumbsup:

Edited by Marvin Miller

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

In step #11 at the bottom of the section you added you will find'

EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_TRACKING_NUMBER . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . 

sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);
         tep_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, nl2br($email), STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
         $customer_notified = '1';
       }
/*Tracking contribution end*/

Where is says "(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, " try taking out the "CATALOG_". This may work but I think the main problem is with your configure.php file rather than this code. ie the other URL (which is stock osC) should work, but does not.

HTH

Peter

Peter;

Do you know how to modify the Canada Post contribution so that it tracks UPS as well or should I try to install the UPS Order Tracking XML contribution?

What are your thoughts on trying to get both working?

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

The Canada Post contribution is a hack of a UPS/Fedex/USPS Package Tracking contribution. I would start with that one because they are very similar. I have never looked at the UPS XLM contribution.

Peter

Hi Peter;

Sorry to bug you again :blink:

I had to re-install my store a few days ago and I just got back to doing the package tracking install again.

I get an error when I update an order without a tracking number. The error is;

Your order has been updated to the following status. New status: Delivered Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/frostysa/public_html/catalog2/admin/orders.php:61) in /home/frostysa/public_html/catalog2/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

Any ideas on where to look for this one?

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

Thanks Peter;

I checked the general.php file that was listed and did a file compare between it and the original one included in Milestone 2 - it's identical so the problem can't be there.

I then checked admin/orders.php with the comparison tool and it was not the same (of course). So I uploaded the stock admin/orders.php and re-tested the functionality - it's ok.

I then took that original & unmodified file and modified it exactly as the instruction say in the contrib and then re-uploaded it making sure that there was no whitespace before the <% at the beginning and the %> at the end.

I then re-tried it for proper functionality and got the same error (except it's moved to line 51. So with stock osc files there's no error and I've localized it to only the correctly modified admin/orders.php file

Could you take a qwik look at this code? I'm not fluent in PHP. To re-iterate, the problem occurs only when I update the status of an order without entering a tracking number.

$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" .

EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . printf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);

Line 51 is the line where EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL starts. It must be something right in there I would think?

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

Just an update... I did a complete restore of my store (prior to the tracking contrib) and then did a clean and patient re-install of the contrib - I'm still seeing the error. I am running Milestone 2 so maybe that accounts for the issue - I'm not sure but my PHP knowledge is not sufficient to debug it. It looks like a great contribution though :thumbsup:

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Marvin, i had the same probs as you...exactley...went in did all the orders.php updates and bam same prob. Back to the original , no probs. added the updates one by one, saved and tried. Error occurred on step 11 (replacement). I don't know anything about php, but looked closely at what it had and noted something.

1. In the middle of the replacement text "printf" rather tahn "sprintf"...So I added a 's' to match all others.

I think I found an extra space i the mix too, but can't recall where.

Anyway, this is my replacement text for step 11 and it now works.

$customer_notified = '0';
       if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'] == 'on' & $CP_track_num == '' ) {
         $notify_comments = '';
         if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify_comments'] == 'on') {
           $notify_comments = sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE, $comments) . "\n\n";
         }
         $email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);
         tep_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, nl2br($email), STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
 }elseif ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'] == 'on' & tep_not_null($CP_track_num) ) {
         $notify_comments = '';
         if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify_comments'] == 'on') {
                     $notify_comments = sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE, $comments) . "\n\n";
         }
         $email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . 

EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_TRACKING_NUMBER . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . 

sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);
       }

Hope this helps!

Edited by sledp0rn

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Rob!!

I went in and re-installed the contribution and it now works fine (after adding your code mods) so thanks for making the puppy work :thumbsup:

Peter - thanks for the great contrib! It works perfect. If you are updating the package you might want to add Rob's fix plus strip out some of the /*Canada Post Contrib */ Lines from those two files - they show up in the admin section and the order history section :D

I'm not complaining though, just trying to refresh your memory. It's a great contribution.

I do have a request for you though, can you make it work for both UPS and FedEx for me? :thumbsup:

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

From the category's section when I select "order tracking" the page comes up without the left column and everything is pushed off to one side. Here is the /catelog/tracking.php file. Could you tell me whats wrong as I'm not seeing the problem (not fluent in php either)

<?php
/*
 tracking.php,v 1.0 2002/05/05 12:00:01

The Exchange Project - Community Made Shopping!
 http://www.theexchangeproject.org

Copyright (c) 2000,2001 The Exchange Project

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');
 require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_TRACKING);

$location = ' » <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_TRACKING, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="headerNavigation">' . NAVBAR_TITLE . '</a>';
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<script language="JavaScript" src='./js/zisa_popup.js'></script>
<script>

function validate(input) {
if (input=="") return true;
var bad = "!?#$%^&*';:,~`<>\|[]{}()[email protected]";
var doubleQ = '"';
var okay = true;

if (input.indexOf(doubleQ)>-1) {
 okay = false;
}

for (i=0;i<=input.length;i++) {
 var c = input.substr(i,1);

if (c!="" && bad.indexOf(c)>-1) {
	 okay = false;
 }
}
return okay;
}

function submitPIN(obj) {
if (obj=="") return;
var formObj = eval("document." + obj);

if (!validate(formObj.temp_trkid1.value)) {
 alert('Invalid characters in the input fields. Please check your entries and try again.');
 return;
} 
if (formObj.temp_trkid1.value=="") {
 alert('No Item number was submitted. Please enter a number and click Submit.');
 return;
}
                  formObj.trackingId.value=formObj.temp_trkid1.value;
formObj.trackingCode.value='PIN';
formObj.submit();
}
</script>

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on' ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body onload="getFocus('basicPinForm')" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="760" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center">
 <tr>
<!-- body_text //-->
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
       <td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
           <td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_specials.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
         <tr>
           <td align="center" class="main"><?php echo TEXT_INFORMATION_CANADAPOST; ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td align="center" class="main">
   <form name="basicPinForm" method="post" action="https://obc.canadapost.ca/emo/basicPin.do" target="_blank">
   <input type="hidden" name="trackingId">
   <input type="hidden" name="trackingCode">
   <input type="hidden" name="action" value="query">
   <input type="hidden" name="fromPage" value="basicPin">
   <input type="text" name="temp_trkid1" maxlength="35" size="35" value=""><br>
   <input type="button" value="<?php echo TEXT_BUTTON_CANADAPOST; ?>" onclick="submitPIN('basicPinForm');">
   <input type="reset" value="<?php echo TEXT_BUTTON_CLEAR; ?>">
   </form>
           </td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td align="right" class="main"><br><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>
     </tr>
   </table></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');
?>

• 2 months later...

How did you fix your "pushed to one side problem"...mine is the same...

From the category's section when I select "order tracking" the page comes up without the left column and everything is pushed off to one side.  Here is the /catelog/tracking.php file.  Could you tell me whats wrong as I'm not seeing the problem (not fluent in php either)

<?php
/*
?tracking.php,v 1.0 2002/05/05 12:00:01

?The Exchange Project - Community Made Shopping!
?http://www.theexchangeproject.org

?Copyright (c) 2000,2001 The Exchange Project

?Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

?require('includes/application_top.php');
?require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_TRACKING);

?$location = ' » <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_TRACKING, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="headerNavigation">' . NAVBAR_TITLE . '</a>';
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<script language="JavaScript" src='./js/zisa_popup.js'></script>
<script>

function validate(input) {
if (input=="") return true;
var bad = "!?#$%^&*';:,~`<>\|[]{}()[email protected]";
var doubleQ = '"';
var okay = true;

if (input.indexOf(doubleQ)>-1) {
?okay = false;
}

for (i=0;i<=input.length;i++) {
?var c = input.substr(i,1);

?if (c!="" && bad.indexOf(c)>-1) {
?	okay = false;
?}
}
return okay;
}

function submitPIN(obj) {
if (obj=="") return;
var formObj = eval("document." + obj);

if (!validate(formObj.temp_trkid1.value)) {
?alert('Invalid characters in the input fields. Please check your entries and try again.');
?return;
} 
if (formObj.temp_trkid1.value=="") {
?alert('No Item number was submitted. Please enter a number and click Submit.');
?return;
}
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? formObj.trackingId.value=formObj.temp_trkid1.value;
formObj.trackingCode.value='PIN';
formObj.submit();
}
</script>

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on' ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body onload="getFocus('basicPinForm')" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="760" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center">
?<tr>
<!-- body_text //-->
? ?<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ?<td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_specials.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ?</table></td>
? ? ?</tr>
? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ?<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
? ? ?</tr>
? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ?<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td align="center" class="main"><?php echo TEXT_INFORMATION_CANADAPOST; ?></td>
? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td align="center" class="main">
? ?<form name="basicPinForm" method="post" action="https://obc.canadapost.ca/emo/basicPin.do" target="_blank">
? ?<input type="hidden" name="trackingId">
? ?<input type="hidden" name="trackingCode">
? ?<input type="hidden" name="action" value="query">
? ?<input type="hidden" name="fromPage" value="basicPin">
? ?<input type="text" name="temp_trkid1" maxlength="35" size="35" value=""><br>
? ?<input type="button" value="<?php echo TEXT_BUTTON_CANADAPOST; ?>" onclick="submitPIN('basicPinForm');">
? ?<input type="reset" value="<?php echo TEXT_BUTTON_CLEAR; ?>">
? ?</form>
? ? ? ? ? ?</td>
? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ?</table></td>
? ? ?</tr>
? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ?<td align="right" class="main"><br><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>
? ? ?</tr>
? ?</table></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
? ?<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
? ?</table></td>
?</tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');
?>

Also, I have my store set up so it states the order number in the email subject (original invoice and order updates), but when I update an order to shipped and have a tracking number for it, I simply get the email subject line of "Order Update". But when no tracking number is suppplie, I get "Order Update #121" for example.

Any ideas what i need to do to have the order number added to the email subject line when adding a tracking number and updating to shipped?

Edited by sledp0rn

• 3 weeks later...