• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shadow Controller

Jack_mcs

I have uploaded a contribution called Shadow Controller It allows for the complete control of adding and rearranging shadows to inforboxes. With just a few clicks, after installation, you can change the appearance of your shop quite dramatically. New shadow effects can be easily added, once generated, by just calling them from the admin panel. Example screen shots are included in the contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Hi Jac,

I like the concept. Got all the files where they need be but am hung up on the sql insert:

INSERT INTO configuration
VALUES (

last_insert_id( ) +1, 'Show Shadows', 'SHOW_SHADOWS', 'true', 'Enable Shadow Controller<br><br>true= on<br>false= off', last_insert_id( ) , 10, NULL , '2004-08-14 00:25:08', NULL , 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),'
) 

MySQL said: 

#1062 - Duplicate entry '20' for key 1

What do you make of that?

I have uploaded a contribution called Shadow Controller It allows for the complete control of adding and rearranging shadows to inforboxes.  With just a few clicks, after installation, you can change the appearance of your shop quite dramatically.  New shadow effects can be easily added, once generated, by just calling them from the admin panel. Example screen shots are included in the contribution.

Jack

You are using the wrong SQL file.  See the contributions section for the update file.

Jack

Hi,

I too have just been haveing a play with this and get no shadows at all.

Followed the instructs in the readme to the letter and nothing.

Should the folders in Admon point to the image folders?

TIA

Yes. It should look something like

/shadow_controller/shadow_left/

Be sure to include the trailing slash (/). I should have added a check for that.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Try typing a path to the image in your browser to make sure it is setup correctly:

When you do the above for your site, the image should display in the browser.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Try typing a path to the image in your browser to make sure it is setup correctly:When you do the above for your site, the image should display in the browser.

Jack

Will do. I am doing it locally at the moment to make sure all is ok befire transferring to the live version.

I will let you know how I get on.

Well I managed to get this to work on the 'new products' box only. Not sure where I am going wrong, but followed readme file to the letter.

Gave it up as a bad job.

• 1 month later...

To use this contribution to turn off the heading section is overkill. Just open

includes/classes/boxes.php, find the following code and set it to false.

$this->tableBox($info_box_contents, true);

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If it doesn't work on those boxes, then the code for them must have been altered since all regular boxes use the classes/boxes.php file. You will need to look at the code for those boxes and see why it is not calling the default code. The easist way is to compare your code with the code from the default installation.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack;

Tried installing Shadow Controller on my test site. Used the updated SQL file and tested on the index page after changing cellpadding to "0" in the column_left portion of index.php but get no shadows. Paths all seem to be correct.

Should there be a call of any sort within each file to produce the shadows? I see there is one in the new products file provided with the distribution, but I don't see where the shadows would be called to appear on any of the other pages.

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

Jack;

Tried installing Shadow Controller on my test site. Used the updated SQL file and tested on the index page after changing cellpadding to "0" in the column_left portion of index.php but get no shadows. Paths all seem to be correct.

Should there be a call of any sort within each file to produce the shadows? I see there is one in the new products file provided with the distribution, but I don't see where the shadows would be called to appear on any of the other pages.

The shadows are called from the code for each infobox. The changed infoboxes are included with the contribution. If you cannot just copy them over yours, then you will need to do a compare to see what code to change. It is basically just adding a table before and after the existing code. Also, be sure you enable it in admin->configurations->Shadow Controller.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack;

Thanks, I neglected to look at the included BOXES files (duh!)

Now I just need to figure out what is causing some minor alignment problems which make the corners not line up with the rest of the shadow.

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

Stuart - that is probably caused by a cellpadding setting. Check the tables holding the box you are displaying.

Keith - Did you change the settings in admin? The Shadow folder will need to point to the correct type of image set and the Shadow Side needs to be set to Full.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Stuart - that is probably caused by a cellpadding setting.  Check the tables holding the box you are displaying.

Keith - Did you change the settings in admin?  The Shadow folder will need to point to the correct type of image set and the Shadow Side needs to be set to Full. 

Jack

I changed all that and got it to use the images in that folder, but after looking in the folder I do not see an image for the top...

shadow_bottom

shadow_left_bot

shadow_left_mid

shadow_left_top

shadow_right_bot

shadow_right_mid

shadow_right_top

Jack;

Thanks, I neglected to look at the included BOXES files (duh!)

Now I just need to figure out what is causing some minor alignment problems which make the corners not line up with the rest of the shadow.

My new products was not lineing up right and found cellpadding in catalog/index.php for 2 of the tables was set a "2"...Change that and everything lines up....now to figure out "Full", this should be a cool effect if I can do it...

I changed all that and got it to use the images in that folder, but after looking in the folder I do not see an image for the top...

shadow_bottom

shadow_left_bot

shadow_left_mid

shadow_left_top

shadow_right_bot

shadow_right_mid

shadow_right_top

Hmm, don't know how I missed that one. But you are right, it is missing. I just uploaded a version with the missing file in it here.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack;

Thank you for a great contribution!

My alignment problem was due to me not fully understanding the proper use of the width and height settings in the Admin end of the mod. That's sorted now and it looks pretty much how I want it to look.

I have encountered one other thing that I can't seem to find the answer for:

There appears to be about a 1 pixel gap between the bottom of the shadow image and the top of the next box in the left column, but not in the right column. This results in there being a nice clean white line between boxes in the left column but the right column bottom shadow actually touches the top of the next box in the column.

Any ideas where I might look to get the same 1 pixel gap to appear in the right column? (other than re-creating the shadow images used for the right column with an additional 1 pixel of white at the bottom)

Edited by mugitty

BTW...

Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about. Note the clean break in the left column between boxes but not in the right column. I've used the same images in both (just reversed) and have looked at css, classes, etc., but can't find anything that seems that it would cause this difference

screenshot.gif