Sign in to follow this  
Blowin

Questions...

Before I install this contrib (which looks absolutely fabulous!) I have a couple of questions. I've been reading for hours now in the original support thread and then found this new one (lol) but never came across the answers to these questions in the old thread. I just can't read anymore of this tonight and am trying to take the easy way out...please forgive me!

My shipping in Ebay is very different from my shipping on my website. In Ebay, I offer a shipping discount...with a good portion of my items listed in Ebay having very different shipping charges. So, for instance, the first item purchased might have a shipping charge of 3.50, the second item's shipping might be 4.50 and the last item purchased might be 2.00. The way I have my auctions set up in Ebay is that the customer is charged the single most expensive shipping charge plus $1 for each additional item. In my example, the customer would pay $4.50 + $1 + $1 for a total of $6.50.

For my website customers, which aren't always my Ebay customers, shipping is by weight with no discounts for multiple items.

If my Ebay customer is directed to my store for checkout and decides to browse prior to paying for their auction items and ends up buying another item from the store, what would occur with shipping? Would they pay shipping for that extra item based on my website shipping or ebay shipping? I'm sure the customer would expect to pay based on Ebay shipping.

The other question is really a confirmation of sorts I guess. I have my osc website and also a store on Ebay...I'm assuming that this contrib will support my ebay store listings as well as my regular auction listings...is that true?

Sorry if my questions are dim witted...it's late and I'm tired!!

Thanks for the info tho!!

Billie :P

Before I install this contrib (which looks absolutely fabulous!) I have a couple of questions.  I've been reading for hours now in the original support thread and then found this new one (lol) but never came across the answers to these questions in the old thread.  I just can't read anymore of this tonight and am trying to take the easy way out...please forgive me!

My shipping in Ebay is very different from my shipping on my website.  In Ebay, I offer a shipping discount...with a good portion of my items listed in Ebay having very different shipping charges.  So, for instance, the first item purchased might have a shipping charge of 3.50, the second item's shipping might be 4.50 and the last item purchased might be 2.00.  The way I have my auctions set up in Ebay is that the customer is charged the single most expensive shipping charge plus $1 for each additional item.  In my example, the customer would pay $4.50 + $1 + $1 for a total of $6.50.

For my website customers, which aren't always my Ebay customers, shipping is by weight with no discounts for multiple items. 

If my Ebay customer is directed to my store for checkout and decides to browse prior to paying for their auction items and ends up buying another item from the store, what would occur with shipping?  Would they pay shipping for that extra item based on my website shipping or ebay shipping?  I'm sure the customer would expect to pay based on Ebay shipping.

The other question is really a confirmation of sorts I guess.  I have my osc website and also a store on Ebay...I'm assuming that this contrib will support my ebay store listings as well as my regular auction listings...is that true?

Sorry if my questions are dim witted...it's late and I'm tired!!

Thanks for the info tho!!

Billie  :P

Whoops...sorry...posted this to the wrong spot...