• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Current AUctions V2.0

B) Current AUctions V2.0 B)

Welcome to the support forum. Please post your questions here and maybe someone can answer them. I am happy to announce I have decided to put togethor everyones great ideas and release a re-designed version. Many thanks to vini & vita, Jesse, Louis-Philippe Hemond, David Hanwell, 420, Acheron, Christian R., and of course Chrispian H. Burks for their input and mods to the original script.

Changes:

- Major Reconstruction

- Incorperated as much php code into the script as possible

weeding out the html

- Split the current_auctions page into two elements making the

html parsing part a module

- Use of css for colors and fonts

- All text is found in languages for easy translation

- All configurations can be done via the admin

- Message when there are no auctions to list

- Added But It Now image

The contribution can be found here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1443

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting an error that I cant understand.

Can someone help?

Error message is:

Die angegebene Datei konnte nicht auf dem Server gefunden werden!  Translates to : The indicated file could not be found on the server! 

Site is at : My Webpage

I use eBay Motors, could this be the error?

Edited by Sodacoms

Small problem:

I installed the auctions 2.0 mod (works great)

The Good:

I can take a random seller ID off Ebay and use it in the script and all their listings come through.

The Problem:

I use my customers ID and it won't display any of their auctions. Does my customer have to do anything special with their ebay account to allow their listings to be viewed off the Ebay site?

Thank you in advance,

Steve

Hmm,

Sodacoms and skyducker what are your usernames? Do you have any special characters in your usernames? If you have a " ' " or a " * " you may need to put a \ in front of it like this:

Smitty\'s Stuff

Mysql does not seem to like these symbols.

Hope that helps. B)

Hmm,

Sodacoms and skyducker what are your usernames? Do you have any special characters in your usernames? If you have a " ' " or a " * " you may need to put a \ in front of it like this:

Smitty\'s Stuff

Mysql does not seem to like these symbols.

Hope that helps.  B)

The seller ID is sac-cycle

I tried putting sac\-cycle in the configuration and that did not help.

skyducker,

I entered your username "sac-cycle" on my demo and it seems to work just fine. Do you have the latest version. eBay just made a change to their page the other day so I had to update the code. It can be found at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1443

Basically we had to change where to stop grabbing the html from the eBay page due to a change of theirs. You can eithor download the updated contrib and replace the .../includes/modules/current_auctions_module.php or make this change to the file:

find this line:

$GrabEnd = '<hr width=\"500\" align=\"CENTER\">';

and change it to this:

$GrabEnd = 'About eBay';

If that doen't work, what is your config in the admin?

Hope that helps. :-"

Yes it is the latest version of code, even tried the </table> code...I can get it to work with this Id: toolritezone (not mine or anyone I know) but not sac-cycle or another ID I pulled from eBay (jesidisney).

eBay User ID              sac-cycle   

Display Thumbnails  1

Timezone Difference  0

Display Ended Auctions  -1

Sort Order                3

How Many Auctions  50

eBay URL              http://cgi.ebay.com

Any more ideas? It is weird that you can get it going on your demo site but I can't get it on mine.

Thank you again.

Hmm your config looks ok.

What time zone are you in? Pacific?

Try this:

Goto ebay and do and an advanced search -> items by seller

put in sac-cycle

search -> text-only format

What is the link in the address bar?

When I do it, it looks like this:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&include=0&since=-1&rdir=0&rows=50&userid=sac-cycle

It is weird it works for me but not you. :huh:

Hope that helps.

Edited by smitty1

Hmm your config looks ok.

What time zone are you in? Pacific?

Try this:

Goto ebay and do and an advanced search -> items by seller

put in sac-cycle

search -> text-only format

What is the link in the address bar?

When I do it, it looks like this:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&include=0&since=-1&rdir=0&rows=50&userid=sac-cycle

It is weird it works for me but not you. :huh:

Hope that helps.

Yes I am in the pacific..but the hosting server is in Florida, could that make a difference?

Here is what I get:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems&since=30&userid=sac-cycle&include=0&rows=50&sort=3

If I type in what you have listed, I get roughly the same thing though. What do you think?

Edited by skyducker

Yes I am in the pacific..but the hosting server is in Florida, could that make a difference?

Here is what I get:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems&since=30&userid=sac-cycle&include=0&rows=50&sort=3

If I type in what you have listed, I get roughly the same thing though. What do you think?

GRRRRRR........ :angry: After putting the script in debug...it works. :huh: ..I am thinking the server cached the response or something...any ideas on why this happened?

No, your time zone shouldn't make a difference.

So is it working OK now or only in debug mode?

Not sure about this, very weird. :blink:

I changed it to debug mode and it wrote alll the lines out then the html below. Surprised me :blink: so I took it out of debug mode and it works fine now. :thumbsup: I think the server may have cached the original response of sac-cycle. I will do another install soon on a different server and see how it works there.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem I can put other ebay user names in and they work fine but I put mine in and it worked one time only. How did you set the debug mode I have been trying to find out maybe I need to do the same thing. I know it worked for me one time and works on my test machine all the time.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I am having difficulties with this module. I'm sure it works great based on the sample(s) I've seen.

The box itself shows up, but I get an error (actually 3 errors I believe). Take a look and let me know what you think.

Test catalog <-- is test shop only...is why it's ugly

Real shop, still in test mode at Toneeke's Mystical Garden

taneres - there is a sample (from a posting in the support forum)

http://www.videogamedeals.com

I viewed this sample and it's a good idea of what it is supposed to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Great contribution! Can someone advise as to how to make pages for these auctions? It take a bunch of time to load all 200 auctions on the same page. I've been trying to take the snippet of code from the prodct listing file. Perhaps someone may tackle it with more success?

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, 'p.products_id');

if ( ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) && ( (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '1') || (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3') ) ) {
?>
 if ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) {

$row = 0;
$col = 0;
   $col ++;
     if ($col > PRODUCT_LIST_COL_NUM-1) {
       $col = 0;
       $row ++;
     }
   }

great scripts mkes life easy but have one concern... i have this site...

Pegasuspologear

The problem i have is when i sell stuff or auctions through ebay it does not create a bestseller entry when i manually say that the auction is complete.i don't have PWA (note to myself got to install that).. i don't know what is the matter....

any1 have had that problem... or might know how to fix it?

u will not see the auction any where on my site because i have decided to not postit on my site yet bt its coming soon...

thnx :)

chahine

Pegasus Polo Gear is a shop commited to achieving excellence in providing the finest polo products, equipements and apparell at the best price. We guaranty a superior quality, value and service.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a problem when i go to as u can go too.

http://www.pegasuspologear.com/polo/auction_listings.php

the part that says bid now should not appear because the product is already completed and even shipped and delivered. can any1 tell me how to fix that.so if the product is completed it shows maybe that the bid is over or something of the sort. thnx

chahinemm

Pegasus Polo Gear is a shop commited to achieving excellence in providing the finest polo products, equipements and apparell at the best price. We guaranty a superior quality, value and service.

• 1 month later...