• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CC Merchant question

NetCasterDesign

I've read through the previous posts and couldn't find this topic...

What I need to know is if there's a way to use my customers current CC merchant, which they use for in-store purchases, for purchases on the web. I see the other merchants listed, but they are already paying fees through a company already. Is this possible?

As far as I know the two are totally seperate and not transferable, or not that I have heard of. If you have to get 2 seperate ones then I would get them from different companies just so you don't keep all your eggs in 1 basket. Just in case you get chargebacks and get dropped you will still have the other one to fall back on.

Peter

PS With osC you can do your payments offline. It will email you the CC # in 2 parts so you can process it manually.

Edited by Java Roasters

As far as I know the two are totally seperate and not transferable, or not that I have heard of. If you have to get 2 seperate ones then I would get them from different companies just so you don't keep all your eggs in 1 basket. Just in case you get chargebacks and get dropped you will still have the other one to fall back on.

Peter

PS With osC you can do your payments offline. It will email you the CC # in 2 parts so you can process it manually.

how would I go about setting that second part up?

I believe (but don't quote me on this) it is the standard CC module that comes with osC. It is not as easy as an integrated merchant account because you have to get the order, then the CC in 2 parts via email, put them together and process the CC, email the confirmation back to the customer, blah blah blah. It works well but is more time consuming.

I would search the contributions for things that make emails, notes to customers, etc. more simple. Ones that create standard text messages and stuff like that so you don't spend all your time typing out the same thing over and over.

You should ask to your merchant provider if they can accept payments with the same merchant account.

If not, you'll need to open a new merchant account with a payment gateway provider.

I use authorizenet, It is a little expensive ($50/mo), but it is really safety.

Try out www.protx.com. They will interface with your customers existing merchant account - for a fee of course! I believe there is an osCommerce module that will link the site to Protx, and Protx do the integration with the bank.

Vger

Yes, osCommerce can email you the credit card number.? It is recommended that you split the number between an email and the database for security reasons.

Hth,

Matt

How do you go about processing the credit card orders offline. I had it set up to split the credit card number in half.

From my research online some people are saying that some credit card companies don't allow processing the card without the card being physically in your hands, and then some people are saying something about the three number code on the back. I forget what they call it but some people say you need that number as well. :blink:

What do you do for offline credit card processing? How do you process the cards???

Edited by pattynk