Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChevyRacn

Changing Text on Main Page

Hello, I am new to OSC. I got webhosting from Startlogic and Oscommerse was Auto. installed on my file manager, I have read alot of posts on how to change the main page text, all of them said to edit INDEX.PHP, well I dont have that file, I checked in Catalog/includes/language/english. Its not there also looked in Admin/includes/language/english. can some one help please Thanks

Installed Contributions

osCMax v1.7 Basic Template Structure v1.2b Credit Class & Gift Voucher Admin With Access Levels 2.1 Download Controller v5.3 New Attribute Manager v4b Printable Catalog v3.0 Down For Maintenance 1.1b Shipping Per Product Pricing Per Customer Category Box Enhancement Authorize Net Consolodated AIM Specials On Main Page by Default Column Product Listing MS2 Auto Meta Tag Controller/ Generator X-Sell MS2 Edit Orders 1.2a MS2 Categories Descriptions MS2 Easy Populate 2.7.2 MS2 OSC-Affiliate 2.02 Define Mainpage WYSIWYG HTML Editor for Admin 1.7 WYSIWYG HTML Editor Category Box Bullet Graphics Dynamic Mo Pics MS2 PayPal Shopping Cart IPN v1.6 All Products Page 2.3 XML UPS USPS Methods 2.5 FedX RTQ 2.02 MS2 EFSnet Payment Module GeoTrust/SkipJack Payment Module PayBox Payment Module Coolmenu/DHTML menu Clear-Stats_v1.1 Price_Updater_v1.1

you may have an earlier version of the oscommerce, early versions used default.php instead of index.php

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Index.php is in catalog not english dir's

Always seeking & Desperate to find a solution!

????

There are two index.php files and the one that has the define text main is in the includes/languages/english/ directory.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Hello, I am new to OSC. I got webhosting from Startlogic and Oscommerse was Auto. installed on my file manager, I have read alot of posts on how to change the main page text, all of them said to edit INDEX.PHP, well I dont have that file, I checked in Catalog/includes/language/english. Its not there also looked in Admin/includes/language/english. can some one help please Thanks

One thing to think about is if you do have an older version like steve suggested, you should probably delete the store you have installed and use the newer one from HERE because you may find most of the contributions and help that people give you may not work on the older version.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

????

There are two index.php files and the one that has the define text main is in the includes/languages/english/ directory.

Actually there are 3 index.php files

1 in main catalog (file to edit for the mainpage install text) directory

1 in includes/languages/english/ and

1 in admin/includes/languages/english/ <_<

Always seeking & Desperate to find a solution!