• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing Text on Main Page

Hello, I am new to OSC. I got webhosting from Startlogic and Oscommerse was Auto. installed on my file manager, I have read alot of posts on how to change the main page text, all of them said to edit INDEX.PHP, well I dont have that file, I checked in Catalog/includes/language/english. Its not there also looked in Admin/includes/language/english. can some one help please Thanks

you may have an earlier version of the oscommerce, early versions used default.php instead of index.php

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Index.php is in catalog not english dir's

????

There are two index.php files and the one that has the define text main is in the includes/languages/english/ directory.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Hello, I am new to OSC. I got webhosting from Startlogic and Oscommerse was Auto. installed on my file manager, I have read alot of posts on how to change the main page text, all of them said to edit INDEX.PHP, well I dont have that file, I checked in Catalog/includes/language/english. Its not there also looked in Admin/includes/language/english. can some one help please Thanks

One thing to think about is if you do have an older version like steve suggested, you should probably delete the store you have installed and use the newer one from HERE because you may find most of the contributions and help that people give you may not work on the older version.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Index.php is in catalog not english dir's

????

There are two index.php files and the one that has the define text main is in the includes/languages/english/ directory.

Actually there are 3 index.php files

1 in main catalog (file to edit for the mainpage install text) directory

1 in includes/languages/english/ and

1 in admin/includes/languages/english/ <_<

Archived