• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Live Data Feed base class+Froogle - only 1 query!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhhh... I'm proud to be the first with a problem setting this thing up. By the way, congrats on this really great contribution. It will make it really easy for my dumb clients to upload their feeds to froogle and alike.

I get all these warnings on the admin/froogle.php file:

Warning: getimagesize(/home/username/public_html/images/milkywaypanorama.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/galactic/www/www/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 185

...and it continues to do this for every product image.

Then I get 3 other warnings:

Warning: fopen(/home/galactic/public_html/catalog/feeds/galacticimages.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/galactic/www/www/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 84

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/galactic/www/www/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 85

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/galactic/www/www/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 86

The image errors i believe are occuring due to interference with an image thumbnailer contribution i had installed, but I'm not a programmer so i can't be sure. That's just my hunch.

For the other errors, it appears like it was trying to open my text file. Was i supposed to create a new one before running froogle.php?

Then, in the "DOWNLOAD" page, i get the same errors, but i also get these errors:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/galactic/www/www/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php:185) in /home/galactic/www/www/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 104

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/galactic/www/www/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php:185) in /home/galactic/www/www/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 105

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/galactic/www/www/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php:185) in /home/galactic/www/www/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 106

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for /home/galactic/public_html/catalog/feeds/galacticimages.txt (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/galactic/www/www/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 107

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/galactic/www/www/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php:185) in /home/galactic/www/www/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 107

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/galactic/www/www/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php:185) in /home/galactic/www/www/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/galactic/www/www/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php:185) in /home/galactic/www/www/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 109
/home/galactic/public_html/catalog/feeds/galacticimages.txt

I'm definitely not going to try the upload since i currently have a live feed running and don't want to ruin that. So... any suggestions?

-George Burke

[email protected]

also, just a small typo in the install.html:

for adding the 'require' line, you have admin/includes/boxes/column_left.php but column_left isn't in 'boxes'; only in 'includes'.

Have you verified the paths? I notice yours says "/home/galactic/www/www/catalog/". 99% of servers will have just one "www" and not two.

Verify the paths and try it again...

I'll update the install file directly.

Bobby

Something else I just noticed...you have two different paths:

Warning: fopen(/home/galactic/public_html/catalog/feeds/galacticimages.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/galactic/www/www/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 84

Notice the first one is /home/galactic/public_html/* and the other is /home/galactic/www/www/*

Which one is correct?

haha what a silly mistake. I'm using 2 different servers... one with the world's file system standard and the other with www/www/ instead of public_html/ and i got confused. besides that www/www host stinks (but the price is good!).\

I got it working. I had to refresh the page once because of the 30 second time limit.

I had a feeling that was the cause of the problem...maybe I should try to make it easier to set it up? Do you have any suggestions for making it more user friendly to intall / configure?

Now that you got it working give me some feedback on these areas:

(1) Does the text view work and format properly? I put it in there to directly view the file that is to be FTP'd so they can verify it's the correct info / structure before uploading.

(2) How does the image manipulation work for you? Does it work for your GIF's without trouble? When in the HTML view each image name is a link that will open a new window directly to the feed image.

(3) Does the download function correctly? This function is nice to have a local copy but is mainly for non-FTP feeds (like Amazon). For the other feeds that do not support FTP there will need to be an easy download.

(4) Of course, we'll need to know if it uploads correctly.

(5) How difficult is it to install? Do you have any suggestions or comments to make it better?

Thank you for your feedback and support of this contribution. Hopefully after we fully test the Froogle feed and the base class we can start releasing other feeds!

I get the below errors

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/haunted-mask-11.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/5-day-paris.gif.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/scruple-two.jpg.gif.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/Legend.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/Kaleidoscope.gif.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: getimagesize(): Read error! in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 185

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/lecarregirl.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/tom-clancy-balance-power.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/Sue-grafton-K.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admi

n/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/timemachine24.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/Why-do-fireflies-glow.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/JThurber-13-clocks.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/JG-chamber.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/Pelican-brief.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/TH-finding-moon.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/TH-thief-time.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/perfect-murder.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/JAJance-tombstone-courage.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/MG-old-conterpllibles.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/lamour-haunted-mesa.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/JA-jance-dead-rights.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/stony-man-judgment-blood.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/stony-man-extreme-measuser.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/stone-man-doom-directive.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/RM-Option-delta.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/David-ignatius-bank-fear.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/outerlimits.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/ten-kids-nopets.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/alex-mack-take-hike.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/saddle-club-49.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/lone-wolf-flight-dark.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/wishbone-dog-west.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/seventhtower-1.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/secret-andes.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/slammin-sammy-sosa.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/dark-paradise-TH.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/SB-fat-tuesday.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/bone-collecter.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: getimagesize(/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/images/Salesian.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 185

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/mr-perfect.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/NFL-123.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/sweet-spring.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/lestat.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/2-50.gif.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/tapping-heels-ND.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/fast-easy-french.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/AmbushAtCorellia.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/Vam-covenantvampire.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/SM-Prime-witness.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/steel_daddy.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/Julia-PS.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/burden-poof-ST.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: getimagesize(): Read error! in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 185

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/SRS- isolated-incident.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/HB-twist-claw.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/going-green.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/Mcgee-star-breaking.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/la-black-cauldron.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/FALCONRI.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/STARLORD.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/power-preserves.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/illearth-war.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/nightworld.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/A-Wrinkle-in-Time.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/exiles.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/arkansas.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: getimagesize(/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/images/books/Connecticut.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 185

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/Delaware.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/florida.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/georgia.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/idaho.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/illinois.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: getimagesize(/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/images/books/Iowa.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 185

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/kansas.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/kentucky.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/louisiana.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/Mainesmall.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/maryland.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/mass.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/minnesota.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/mississippi.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/montana.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/nebraska.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/nevada.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/newhampshire.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/newjersey.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/NewMexi.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/newyork.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/northcarolina.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/northdakota.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/ohio.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/oklahoma.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/RodeIsland.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: getimagesize(/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/images/books/SouthCaroline.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 185

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/tennessee.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/utah.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/virginia.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/washdc.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/washington.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/books/WestVir.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/Samantha-suprise-bk3.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/Meet-molly.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/boxcarchildren1.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/MIkes-mystery.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/mystery-in-ny13.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/yellow-house.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/woodshed.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/black-raven.gif.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/BCcookbk.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/catholic-childrens-bibleb.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/waiting2exhale.jpg' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/CH-dazzled.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/JP-1sttodie.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/exclusive.gif.JPG' for writing in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 170

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 160

I get the below errors

Your paths are not correct.

The errors are from the resize function and here are the possible fixes:

(1) Make sure the directory is created and CHMOD it to 777

(2) Check the paths and verify they are correct in admin/includes/classes/froogle.php

(3) Try it again.

If this still does not fix the problem then edit admin/includes/classes/froogle.php and change the $autoenlarge value to false. This will not create the enlarged image and simply use the product image (which is fine for Froogle).

I noticed a commented out link to a Shopping.com feed in the storefeed box, has work already started on this? Just don't want to duplicate efforts.

The Amazon, Shopping.com, Yahoo, and XML feeds have all been completed for my client and the code belongs to him. I can't release them without his consent...however, I can release the fee engine (base class) so that others can create feeds from that. It would take about 20 minutes to code another feed with the base class. If someone wants to take a crack at it I'll offer my support.

this is what I have in the froogle.php (class)

The error is below

Thank you for your help

noppie

/// Make sure this is your FULL path to the save directory and name of file

$this->savefilename = '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/books4u2.txt';

//Do you want to enable auto enlarging for images?

//Default is true and dimensions are proportional 500px by 500px

$this->autoenlarge = false;

//Where do you want to save the enlarged image? Be sure to include the FULL path and title.

// ! REQUIRED !

/// Make sure this is the FULL path to your feed image directory

$this->feedimagepath = '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/'; //Trailing slash required!

//What is the URL for the feed (enlarged) image folder?

// ! REQUIRED !

/// This is the URL to the feed images directory

$this->feedimageurl = 'http://books4u2.com/stuff/feeds/images/'; //Trailing slashes required

I get this error

It looks like the producturl is missing from the froogle.php class file.

Also, the default for producturl in the feed.php base class uses "id" instead of "products_id".

Below is what I added to the constructor in froogle.php. Remember to replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain.

// What is the product info URL. 
// ! REQUIRED !
// Make sure you use the URL version of your store. 
// This example is for search engine safe URL's ON.
$this->producturl = 'http://yourdomain.com/product_info.php/products_id/';

I am working on Shopping.com class derived from this excellent contribution. The only thing left to do is add code to map the feeds categories_name field to the category names used by shopping.com. I'm looking at 3 ways to do this:

1) Add a database table that contains a map of osC categories_id to the category names used by shopping.com

2) Add a column to the categories_description table for the shopping.com category name.

3) Add a map in my shoppingdotcom.php class file that maps the categories_name returned by the product query to the shopping.com category name.

Anyone care to chime in on this or provide any help doing this?

Thank you for taking the time to look at the code!

If you have gone beyond just installing and started developing feeds from the base class I definitely need some help with the contribution in general. There have been a large number of people (actually all of them) that are finding it difficult to configure. Give me your feedback on making this baby more user friendly on the config side!

Now onto your question:

My vote is to define them in an array and NOT store them in the database at all! There are more feeds that use propoetary category names than those that do not (Froogle doesn't care what you send). So, if we define an array we can work with it directly and without a query. The question then arises of what to do with this new array :)

Here is my basic flow:

-Create table called feeds

-- id (auto_increment)

-- products_id

-- feed_name

-- feed_data

-Define category name array as part of extended class

--Maintains modularity

-Create core product action method for base class

# skeleton method

# product action

function product_action($action, $product_id, $feed_name, $feed_data = false)

{

if ($feed_data)

--serialize($feed_data)

switch ($action)

--add

--update

--delete

--get (don't forget to unserialize!)

return: true

}

If we go this route it would only take one table to support an unlimited number of feeds. In addition, the core method could be used for any feed and add instant ability to store, view, and modify what is beng sent!

Thank you for taking the time to look at the code!

If you have gone beyond just installing and started developing feeds from the base class I definitely need some help with the contribution in general.  There have been a large number of people (actually all of them) that are finding it difficult to configure.  Give me your feedback on making this baby more user friendly on the config side!

Now onto your question:

My vote is to define them in an array and NOT store them in the database at all!  There are more feeds that use propoetary category names than those that do not (Froogle doesn't care what you send).  So, if we define an array we can work with it directly and without a query.  The question then arises of what to do with this new array :)

Here is my basic flow:

-- id (auto_increment)

-- products_id

-- feed_name

-- feed_data

-Define category name array as part of extended class

--Maintains modularity

-Create core product action method for base class

# skeleton method

# product action

function product_action($action, $product_id, $feed_name, $feed_data = false)

{

if ($feed_data)

--serialize($feed_data)

switch ($action)

--add

--update

--delete

--get (don't forget to unserialize!)

return: true

}

If we go this route it would only take one table to support an unlimited number of feeds.  In addition, the core method could be used for any feed and add instant ability to store, view, and modify what is beng sent!

I didn't have any problems configuring this, but I have 25 years of software development experience. Plus I was able to get the bulk of the shopping.com feed done in less than an hour.

Back to the problem of the shopping.com category mapping. I like the approach of using a single table to store the extra feed specific data, but I really don't want to store data on a per products_id basis, I need osC category name to shopping.com category mappings, which in my case is a small number of categories but potentially 100's of products.

My suggestion would be to allow the table to hold both product specific and non-product specific data and then provide a method in the feed base class that fetches the information once from the database for a specific feed name. Something like this:

-- id (auto_increment)

-- feed_name (cannot be null)

-- products_id (can be null or empty)

-- feed_fieldname (cannot be null)

-- from_data (cannot be null)

-- to_data

Basically you could use this to map data in a specific feed field which could be global (products_id is null or empty) or products_id specific (products_id is not null).

The mapping method in in feed.php would look something like this:

function map_feed_data ($feed_name, $feed_fieldname, $from_data, $products_id = false)

{

// If products_id is specified see if there is a products_id specific mapping

// for the feed_name:field_name:from_data tuple

// If no products_id specified or nothing was mapped in the above step

// the see if there is a global mapping for the feed_name:field_name:from_data

// tuple

// If a mapping is found in either of the above steps return it otherwise

// return the $from_data

}

Geez...I got ahead of myself and forgot about how I use the category array from the entended class :) Sorry...

I have a nested array called $datastore that contains all feed specific requirements like:

$datastore = array('category' =>array('cat1', 'cat2', 'cat3'),

'audience' => array('men', 'women'),

);

I use this $datastore to initialize checkbox lists when adding or modifying the products. When the product is added all the data is serialized() and stored in the database whole. When editing or viewing the product the data is queried and unserialized().

You don't need to rush this..I am going to work in the yard be back in a few hours..

I am very sorry I just don't understand.. I am learning Thank you for your help ahead of time.

I keep getting this error over and over again.

here is my

admin/includes/class/feed.php

and admin/includes/class/froogle.php

<?php

/*

$Id: feed.php,v 1.00 2004/09/07

Store Data Feed base class

Contribution based on:

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 - 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

Contribution created by: Chemo

*/

class feed {

/***************************/

/**    File / Format    **/

var $downloadname = 'books4u2.txt'; //download text file name and extension

var $fields; //this will be populated later

var $format = array('delimiter' => "\t", 'newline' => "\n"); //standard format is tab delimited

var $connection = 'ftp'; //FTP or just save it to disk

var $data = array(); //this will be populated later

var $html; //used to store the HTML output

/**      FTP INFO        **/

var $ftp_user; //FTP username

var $ftp_pass; //FTP password

var $ftp_server; //FTP server

/**    Filename Info    **/

var $savefilename; //local file name

var $targetfilename; //remote file name

/**  Paths and Images    **/

var $autoenlarge = false; //autoenlarge on by default, 500 px / 500 px

var $imageurl = 'http://books4u2.com/stuff/images/'; //trailing slash on the address

var $imagepath = '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/images'; //trailing slash on the path

var $feedimageurl = 'http://books4u2.com/stuff/feeds/'; //trailing slash on the address

var $feedimagepath = '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/'; //trailing slash on the path

var $producturl = 'http://books4u2.com/stuff/product_info.php/id/';//make sure you use the URL version of your store. This example is for search engine safe URL's ON.

/**      Main Query      **/

// Don't touch this query unless you know what you are doing.  Instead, create a derived class and define it there.

var $query = 'SELECT * FROM products p

LEFT JOIN products_description pd ON p.products_id = pd.products_id

LEFT JOIN specials sp ON p.products_id = sp.products_id

LEFT JOIN products_to_categories p2c ON p.products_id = p2c.products_id

LEFT JOIN categories_description cd ON p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id

WHERE p.products_status = 1 GROUP BY p.products_id';

/******************************************************/

/**                  Class Methods                  **/

function upload ($targetfilename, $savefilename) {

$conn = ftp_connect($this->ftp_server); 

$login = ftp_login($conn, $this->ftp_user, $this->ftp_pass); 

if ((!$conn) || (!$login)) { echo "The FTP connection to $this->ftp_server as user $this->ftp_user <b>FAILED</b>.<BR>"; exit; }

else { echo "Connected to $this->ftp_server as user $this->ftp_user ready to upload...<BR>"; } 

$upload = ftp_put($conn, $this->targetfilename, $this->savefilename, FTP_BINARY); 

if (!$upload) { echo "The FTP upload has <b>FAILED!</b><br>Local file: $this->savefilename<br>Remote file: $this->targetfilename<BR>"; }

else { echo "Uploaded $this->savefilename to $this->ftp_server as $this->targetfilename successfully.<BR>"; } 

ftp_close($conn);

}

function savetofile ($data, $savefilename) {

if ( file_exists( $savefilename ) )

unlink( $savefilename ); 

$fp = fopen( $savefilename , "w" );

$fout = fwrite( $fp , $data );

fclose( $fp ); 

}

function strip ($content) {

$search = array("![\t ]+$|^[\t ]+!m", '%[\r\n]+%m');

$replace = array('','');

return preg_replace($search, $replace, strip_tags( str_replace(">", "> ", $content) ) ) ;   

}

function file_download($file, $filename, $filetype = 'text/plain')

{

$filetype = 'application/octet-stream'; 

if (file_exists( $file ))

{

$fp = fopen( $file , "r" );

$filecontents = fread( $fp , filesize($file));

fclose( $fp );

} else { $filecontents = $file; }

header('Content-Type: ' . $filetype);

header('Expires: ' . gmdate('D, d M Y H:i:s') . ' GMT');

header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="' . $filename . '"');

header('Content-Length: ' . filesize($file));

header('Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0');

header('Pragma: public');

echo $filecontents;

exit;

}

function viewfile ($file, $filename, $filetype = 'text/plain') {

header('Content-Disposition: inline; filename="' . $filename . '"');

header('Content-Length: ' . strlen($file));

echo $file;

exit;

}

function viewfileHTML () {

return false;

}

function imageresize($image, $newimage, $newwidth = 500, $newheight = 500) {

if (is_file($image)) {   

$size = getimagesize($image);

$width  = $size[0];

$height = $size[1];

$type  = $size[2];

switch ($type) {

case 2 :   

$im = imagecreatefromjpeg($image);

break;

case 3 :   

$im = imagecreatefrompng($image);

break;

case 1 :

default:

$fd = @fopen($image,"r");

$image_string = fread($fd,filesize($image));

fclose($fd);

$im = imagecreatefromstring($image_string);         

break;   

} //End switch

//check proportions

if ($newheight && ($width < $height)) {

$newwidth = ($newheight / $height) * $width;

} else {

$newheight = ($newwidth / $width) * $height;

}

//make the new image with proportions

$newim = imagecreatetruecolor ($newwidth, $newheight);

//copy it over

imagecopyresampled($newim,$im,0,0,0,0,$newwidth,$newheight,$width,$height);

//save it to file

switch ($type) {

case 3 :

imagepng($newim, $newimage);

break;

case 1 :

$newimage .= '.JPG';

case 2 :

default:

imagejpeg($newim, $newimage, 80);

break;

} //End switch

//kill the temps

imagedestroy($im);

imagedestroy($newim); 

return true; //good to go

} else { 

return false; //image wasn't a file

}

}

function checkimage ($imagename) { 

if (!is_dir($this->feedimagepath)) { @mkdir($this->feedimagepath,0777); @chmod($this->feedimagepath,0777); }

$image = $this->imagepath . $imagename; $newimage = $this->feedimagepath . $imagename; 

$width  = $size[0];

$height = $size[1];

$type  = $size[2];

switch ($type) {

case 1:

$feedimagename = $imagename . '.JPG';

break;

case 2;

case 3;

$feedimagename = $imagename;

break;

}   

if ($this->autoenlarge){

if (!is_file($this->feedimagepath . $feedimagename)) {

$this->imageresize($this->imagepath . $imagename, $this->feedimagepath . $imagename);

return $this->feedimageurl . $feedimagename; 

}

else {

}

} //autoenlarge

else {

return $this->imageurl . $imagename;

}   

}

}

?>

<?php

/*

$Id: froogle.php,v 1.00 2004/09/07

Froogle Data Feed extended class

Contribution based on:

Copyright © 2002 - 2003 osCommerce

*/

require (DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'feed.php');

class froogle extends feed {

var $links; //optional list of links to be displayed above the content

function froogle (){ //class contructor

/****************************/

/**    FTP and fields    **/

//

/// ! DON'T change these !

$this->fields = "product_url\tname\tdescription\tprice\timage_url\tcategory\n"; //basic feed

$this->connection = 'ftp'; //FTP the data

//

/// ! Change these settings !

$this->ftp_user = 'rainbowstop_corp'; //FTP username

$this->ftp_pass = 'ilovelr99'; //FTP password

$this->ftp_server = 'hedwig.google.com'; //FTP server

$this->targetfilename = 'books4u2.txt'; //this is the name of the file once uploaded

/*****************************/

/**    Paths and URL's    **/

// ! REQUIRED !

$this->producturl = 'http://books4u2.com/stuff/product_info.php/products_id/';

//Where do you want to save the generated TXT file?  Be sure to include the FULL path and title.

// ! REQUIRED !

$this->savefilename = '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/books4u2.txt';

//Where do you want to save the enlarged image? Be sure to include the FULL path and title.

// ! REQUIRED !

$this->feedimagepath = '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/'; //Trailing slash required!

// ! REQUIRED !

$this->feedimageurl = 'http://books4u2.com/stuff/feeds/images/'; //Trailing slashes required

//What is the path to your images folder?

// ! REQUIRED !

/// This is the FULL path to your normal images directory

$this->imagepath = '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/images/'; //Trailing slash required!

//What is the URL for the images folder?

// ! REQUIRED !

/// This is the URL to your images directory

$this->imageurl = 'http://books4u2.com/stuff/images/'; //Trailing slashes required!

//Use this to output links above the content

// ! OPTIONAL !

///Put your own links that are displayed above the content

$this->links = '';

}

function makedata() {

$data_query = tep_db_query($this->query);

while ( $data = tep_db_fetch_array($data_query) ) {

if ($data['specials_new_products_price']) { //if it's on special

$data['products_price'] = $data['specials_new_products_price']; //show the special price

}

$data['products_image'] = $this->checkimage($data['products_image']); //check to see if the image is already enlarged

$this->data[$data['products_id']] = array ( 'product_url' => $this->producturl . $data['products_id'],

'name' => $this->strip($data['products_name']),

'description' => $this->strip($data['products_description']),

'price' => number_format($data['products_price'], 2, '.', ''),

'image_url' => $data['products_image'],

'category' => $data['categories_name'] );

foreach ($this->data[$data['products_id']] as $column => $value) {

$this->fields .= $value . $this->format['delimiter'];

}   

$this->fields = rtrim($this->fields, $this->format['delimiter']) . $this->format['newline'];       

} 

}

function viewfileHTML ($links='') {

$this->html = $links.'<style type="text/css">

<!--

td, a {

font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 12px;

}

.highlight {

background-color: #CCCCCC;

}

-->

</style>

<table width="100%">

<tr>

<td>URL</td>

<td>Name</td>

<td>Description</td>

<td>Price</td>

<td>Image</td>

<td>Category</td>

</tr>';

$on=false;

if($on) {$class=' class="highlight"';$on=false; } else { $class='';$on=true; }     

if ($data['specials_new_products_price']) {

$data['products_price'] = $data['specials_new_products_price'];   

$b = '<b>'; $bend = '</b>';

} else {$b = ''; $bend = '';}

$this->html .= '<tr>';

$this->data[$data['products_id']] = array ( 'product_url' => '<a href="'.$this->producturl . $data['products_id'].'">'.$data['products_id'].'</a>',

'name' => '<a href="'.$this->producturl . $data['products_id'].'">'.$this->strip($data['products_name']).'</a>',

'description' => substr($this->strip($data['products_description']), 0, 100).' <b>...</b>',

'image_url' => '<a href="'.$this->checkimage($data['products_image']).'">'.$data['products_image'].'</a>',

$this->html .= '<td valign="top" align="left"'.$class.'>'.$b .$value . $bend .'</td>';

}   

$this->html .= '</tr>';       

}

$this->html .= '</table>';

echo $this->html;

}

}

?>

You don't need to rush this..I am going to work in the yard be back in a few hours..

I am very sorry I just don't understand.. I am learning Thank you for your help ahead of time.

I keep getting this error over and over again.

I noticed several things with your site. First, you're not using safe engine safe URL's so your product URL should be something like: http://www.books4u2.com/stuff/product_info.php?products_id=

Second, your images are HUGE! You need to intall an automatic thumbnailer for you images. I don't know if you've noticed this but some of your thumbnails are over 100kb!

Third, there are spaces in your image names. This causes an error when calling most any function and the image name needs to be rawurlencoded(). Try the revised code and BE SURE TO ENTER YOUR FTP INFO AGAIN! As a general rule, never paste your login credentials for ANY server. If I were you I'd contact a moderator and request they edit that for you...

Paste this as your base class (admin/includes/classes/feed.php):

<?php
/*
 $Id: feed.php,v 1.00 2004/09/07

Store Data Feed base class

Contribution based on:

[URL=http://www.oscommerce.com]http://www.oscommerce.com[/URL]

Copyright ? 2002 - 2003 osCommerce

*/

class feed {

/**     File / Format     **/
var $downloadname = 'books4u2.txt'; //download text file name and extension
var $fields; //this will be populated later
var $format = array('delimiter' => "\t", 'newline' => "\n"); //standard format is tab delimited
var $connection = 'ftp'; //FTP or just save it to disk
var $data = array(); //this will be populated later
var $html; //used to store the HTML output

/**       FTP INFO        **/
var $ftp_user; //FTP username
var $ftp_pass; //FTP password
var $ftp_server; //FTP server

/**     Filename Info     **/
var $savefilename; //local file name
var $targetfilename; //remote file name

/**   Paths and Images    **/
var $autoenlarge = false; //autoenlarge on by default, 500 px / 500 px
var $imageurl = 'http://books4u2.com/stuff/images/'; //trailing slash on the address
var $imagepath = '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/images'; //trailing slash on the path
var $feedimageurl = 'http://books4u2.com/stuff/feeds/'; //trailing slash on the address
var $feedimagepath = '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/'; //trailing slash on the path
var $producturl = 'http://books4u2.com/stuff/product_info.php?products_id=';//make sure you use the URL version of your store. This example is for search engine safe URL's ON.

/**      Main Query       **/
// Don't touch this query unless you know what you are doing.  Instead, create a derived class and define it there.
var $query = 'SELECT * FROM products p 
     LEFT JOIN products_description pd ON p.products_id = pd.products_id 
     LEFT JOIN specials sp ON p.products_id = sp.products_id 
     LEFT JOIN products_to_categories p2c ON p.products_id = p2c.products_id 
     LEFT JOIN categories_description cd ON p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id 
     WHERE p.products_status = 1 GROUP BY p.products_id';

/**                  Class Methods                   **/

function upload ($targetfilename, $savefilename) {
 $conn = ftp_connect($this->ftp_server);  
 $login = ftp_login($conn, $this->ftp_user, $this->ftp_pass);  
 if ((!$conn) || (!$login)) { echo "The FTP connection to $this->ftp_server as user $this->ftp_user <b>FAILED</b>.<BR>"; exit; } 
 else { echo "Connected to $this->ftp_server as user $this->ftp_user ready to upload...<BR>"; }  
 $upload = ftp_put($conn, $this->targetfilename, $this->savefilename, FTP_BINARY);  
 if (!$upload) { echo "The FTP upload has <b>FAILED!</b><br>Local file: $this->savefilename<br>Remote file: $this->targetfilename<BR>"; } 
 else { echo "Uploaded $this->savefilename to $this->ftp_server as $this->targetfilename successfully.<BR>";	}  
 ftp_close($conn);
}

function savetofile ($data, $savefilename) {
 if ( file_exists( $savefilename ) )
 unlink( $savefilename );  
 $fp = fopen( $savefilename , "w" );
 $fout = fwrite( $fp , $data );
 fclose( $fp );  
}

function strip ($content) {
 $search = array("![\t ]+$|^[\t ]+!m", '%[\r\n]+%m');
 $replace = array('','');
 return preg_replace($search, $replace, strip_tags( str_replace(">", "> ", $content) ) );    
}

function file_download($file, $filename, $filetype = 'text/plain')
{	
 $filetype = 'application/octet-stream';  
 if (file_exists( $file ))
 {
	 $fp = fopen( $file , "r" );
	 $filecontents = fread( $fp , filesize($file));
	 fclose( $fp );
 } else { $filecontents = $file; }
 header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="' . $filename . '"');
 header('Content-Length: ' . filesize($file));
 echo $filecontents;	
 exit;
}

function viewfile ($file, $filename, $filetype = 'text/plain') {
 header('Content-Disposition: inline; filename="' . $filename . '"');
 header('Content-Length: ' . strlen($file));
 echo $file;
 exit; 

}

function viewfileHTML () {
 return false;
}

function imageresize($image, $newimage, $newwidth = 500, $newheight = 500) {
 if (is_file($image)) {    
    $width  = $size[0];
    $height = $size[1];
    $type   = $size[2];
     switch ($type) {
    case 2 :     
     $im = imagecreatefromjpeg($image);
    break;
    case 3 :     
     $im = imagecreatefrompng($image);
    break;
    case 1 :
    default:
     $fd = @fopen($image,"r");
      $image_string = fread($fd,filesize($image));
      fclose($fd);
       $im = imagecreatefromstring($image_string);          
   break;    
     } //End switch
 //check proportions
 if ($newheight && ($width < $height)) {
	 $newwidth = ($newheight / $height) * $width;
  } else {
   $newheight = ($newwidth / $width) * $height;
  }
 //make the new image with proportions
 $newim = imagecreatetruecolor ($newwidth, $newheight);
 //copy it over
 imagecopyresampled($newim,$im,0,0,0,0,$newwidth,$newheight,$width,$height);
 //save it to file
     switch ($type) {
    case 3 :
     imagepng($newim, $newimage);
     break;
    case 1 :
    	 $newimage .= '.JPG';
    case 2 :
    default:
  	 imagejpeg($newim, $newimage, 80);
  	 break;
     } //End switch
 //kill the temps
 imagedestroy($im);
 imagedestroy($newim);  
 return true; //good to go
 } else {  
     return false; //image wasn't a file
   }
}

function checkimage ($imagename) {  
 if (!is_dir($this->feedimagepath)) { @mkdir($this->feedimagepath,0777); @chmod($this->feedimagepath,0777); }
 $image = $this->imagepath . rawurlencode($imagename); $newimage = $this->feedimagepath . rawurlencode($imagename);  
    $width  = $size[0];
    $height = $size[1];
    $type   = $size[2];
    switch ($type) {
    case 1: 
     $feedimagename = rawurlencode($imagename) . '.JPG';
	 break;
    case 2;
    case 3;
     $feedimagename = rawurlencode($imagename);
      break;
    }     
    if ($this->autoenlarge){
    if (!is_file($this->feedimagepath . $feedimagename)) {
  	 $this->imageresize($this->imagepath . rawurlencode($imagename), $this->feedimagepath . rawurlencode($imagename)); 
    }
    else {
       }
	 } //autoenlarge 
	 else {
  	 return $this->imageurl . rawurlencode($imagename);
   }    
}
}
?>

*NOTE* - Be sure to fill in your FTP info again!

Paste this as your Froogle class (admin/includes/classes/froogle.php):

<?php

/*

$Id: froogle.php,v 1.00 2004/09/07

Froogle Data Feed extended class

Contribution based on:

Copyright ? 2002 - 2003 osCommerce

*/

require (DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'feed.php');

class froogle extends feed {

var $links; //optional list of links to be displayed above the content

function froogle (){ //class contructor

/**    FTP and fields    **/

//

/// ! DON'T change these !

$this->fields = "product_url\tname\tdescription\tprice\timage_url\tcategory\n"; //basic feed

$this->connection = 'ftp'; //FTP the data

//

/// ! Change these settings !

$this->ftp_user = ''; //FTP username

$this->ftp_pass = ''; //FTP password

$this->ftp_server = ''; //FTP server

$this->targetfilename = 'books4u2.txt'; //this is the name of the file once uploaded

/**    Paths and URL's    **/

// ! REQUIRED !

$this->producturl = 'http://books4u2.com/stuff/product_info.php?products_id=';

//Where do you want to save the generated TXT file?  Be sure to include the FULL path and title.

// ! REQUIRED !

// ! REQUIRED !

// ! REQUIRED !

//What is the path to your images folder?

// ! REQUIRED !

/// This is the FULL path to your normal images directory

$this->imagepath = '/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/images/'; //Trailing slash required!

//What is the URL for the images folder?

// ! REQUIRED !

/// This is the URL to your images directory

$this->imageurl = 'http://books4u2.com/stuff/images/'; //Trailing slashes required!

//Use this to output links above the content

// ! OPTIONAL !

///Put your own links that are displayed above the content

$this->links = '';

}

function makedata() {

if ($data['specials_new_products_price']) { //if it's on special

$data['products_price'] = $data['specials_new_products_price']; //show the special price

}

$data['products_image'] = $this->checkimage($data['products_image']); //check to see if the image is already enlarged

$this->data[$data['products_id']] = array ( 'product_url' => $this->producturl . $data['products_id'],

'name' => $this->strip($data['products_name']),

'description' => $this->strip($data['products_description']),

'image_url' => $data['products_image'],

$this->fields .= $value . $this->format['delimiter'];

}   

$this->fields = rtrim($this->fields, $this->format['delimiter']) . $this->format['newline'];       

} 

}

function viewfileHTML ($links='') {

$this->html = $links.'<style type="text/css">

<!--

td, a {

font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 12px;

}

.highlight {

background-color: #CCCCCC;

}

-->

</style>

<table width="100%">

<tr>

<td>URL</td>

<td>Name</td>

<td>Description</td>

<td>Price</td>

<td>Image</td>

<td>Category</td>

</tr>';

$on=false;

if($on) {$class=' class="highlight"';$on=false; } else { $class='';$on=true; }     

if ($data['specials_new_products_price']) {

$data['products_price'] = $data['specials_new_products_price'];   

$b = '<b>'; $bend = '</b>';

} else {$b = ''; $bend = '';}

$this->html .= '<tr>';

$this->data[$data['products_id']] = array ( 'product_url' => '<a href="'.$this->producturl . $data['products_id'].'">'.$data['products_id'].'</a>',

'name' => '<a href="'.$this->producturl . $data['products_id'].'">'.$this->strip($data['products_name']).'</a>',

'description' => substr($this->strip($data['products_description']), 0, 100).' <b>...</b>',

'image_url' => '<a href="'.$this->checkimage($data['products_image']).'">'.$data['products_image'].'</a>',

$this->html .= '<td valign="top" align="left"'.$class.'>'.$b .$value . $bend .'</td>';

}   

$this->html .= '</tr>';       

}

$this->html .= '</table>';

echo $this->html;

}

}

?>

I rawurlencoded the image name and also changed the product_info URL for you...give it a shot and tell me how it works for you.

chemo

Thank you for help!!!

I know better than that on the password deal.. I changed it right away.. I was just frustrated..

and I uploaded the image thumb generator.. and I am wondering if I should have

.'/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/stuff/feeds/images/';

point to that file

and I enabled the ******Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development) true ********

and also I know better than to have spaces in my picture name.. I went through them alll

I am still getting the same error so I am wondering if it is becauase my pictures are so big.

noppie

noppie,

Let's start over from the beginning.

First, upload the original contribution (overwrite feed.php and froogle.php in the classes directory). This way we are starting fresh.

Next, make sure the directory you created is CHMOD 777.

Now, fill in the information located in froogle.php. Pay special attention to the path and URL's. Each one should have a trailing slash. If you are using the safe engine safe URL's on then use that URL. Simply click on a product and copy everything except the product id number. If you are not using safe engine safe URL's do the same thing.

Also, in the froogle.php file change $this->autoenlarge to "false" without the quotation marks.

If you get any errors paste a REPRESENTATIVE sampling into a reply. There is no need to copy all of the errors since they all originate from the same source if we can ever track it down for you.

I am having a permission to overwrite denied on server with froogle.

Several other people are having the same issue in other threads, but have not seen any solutions. Maybe someone here knows what to do to fix it..

Please help.