• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UK shipping

gizm0man

Hi Every one,

I am new to oscommerce & i am trying to set up a shop with royal mail recorded delivery/special / air sure & parcel force. what i want to do is i want 4 methods.

1 . for uk customers recorded delivery( up to 2 kg only)

2. uk customers special delivery (up to 2kg only)

2. air sure for international customers Europe & the rest of the world( up to 2 kg only)

3. parcel force for UK & europe (If the items are above 2 kg in weight). but no shipping to rest of the world if the items are more than 2 kg.

Becuase it is cheaper to use parcel force if the item is more than 2 kg

I have found 2 modules so far for recorded/special delivery

Is there any way of doing this please any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Sorry for the delay - took me a while to work out but here they are:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2435

Could be better but I've spent way to long on it already and I need to get on with the rest of the site as we're eager to go live ASAP!

Hi Sean

I have installed your contribution. But the same as all the table methods i have used i cannot set the weights and prices properly. For example. I send a disk out weight 100gms or .10KG for 1.99 which i would asume i would have to set the variable to 100:1.99 but no matter which way i set it up it wont calculate the charges. Any advise?

Hi Sean

I have installed your contribution. But the same as all the table methods i have used i cannot set the weights and prices properly. For example. I send a disk out weight 100gms or .10KG for 1.99 which i would asume i would have to set the variable to 100:1.99 but no matter which way i set it up it wont calculate the charges. Any advise?

100 gms is 0.1 for a product not 100 it will see it as 100kg. Also in config in admin there is a tare weight of 3kg that will be added to the shipping charges, set that to 0.

Giovanna

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Royal Mail Registered   

Sorry, this shipping option is not available for this order 

Royal Mail Special Delivery 

Royal Mail Standard Parcel 

Does anyone else get this?

Does anyone else get this?

Yes, at least I did until yesterday.

I fixed two of them (Special Delivery, and Standard) by putting GB in the Zone 1 country on the admin display for these modules. I found that by looking in the php code, and reading up on the comments.

However, try as I might, I cannot get the Registered one to work and it still displays that message.

Anyone else had problems with the Registered module ?

Yes, at least I did until yesterday.

I fixed two of them (Special Delivery, and Standard) by putting GB in the Zone 1 country on the admin display for these modules. I found that by looking in the php code, and reading up on the comments.

However, try as I might, I cannot get the Registered one to work and it still displays that message.

Anyone else had problems with the Registered module ?

Thanks for that tip, now the Registered module anyone.

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks for that tip, now the Registered module anyone.

Ummmm but Parcel Force uses 12 zones, including some like Channel Islands (zone 4) for which there are no two digit codes so how do we set them up.

Can't just leave them as GB because shipping to the Channel islands costs three times what it costs for UK shipping.