• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal IPN & handling fee

PVK

I have my paypal IPN up and running [and working!!!], but now i was wondering if it is also possible to add a certain amount [or even better: a set percentage] to the order amount to cover the costs of the handling by paypal ???

Thanks

I have my paypal IPN up and running [and working!!!], but now i was wondering if it is also possible to add a certain amount [or even better: a set percentage] to the order amount to cover the costs of the handling by paypal ???

Thanks

You need to be careful it is against paypal policy to charge people for using papay at your site. There are a few locations where this is not true but for the most part if they find out you are doing so they will shut down your account.

The best thing to do is just add the % to your prices or shipping.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

@ druide, yes i know that there is a contribution for a paypal method, but i wasn't [and still am] not sure if this will conflict with the specific IPN contribution which i am currently running since this is a completely different one then the one from the IPN version.

Does anyone know if you can still safely install this one over the IPN version????

And

@ozcsys:

I didn't even know that really.

Besides, i figued that it shouldn't be a poblem if you clearly let it be known to your customers that the are being charged an extra amount for the handling costs.

@ozcsys:

I didn't even know that really.

Besides, i figued that it shouldn't be a poblem if you clearly let it be known to your customers that the are being charged an extra amount for the handling costs.

It does not matter if you tell your customers or not. It is against the paypal TOS and if they find out they will shut down your account.

Three are a few exceptions in countries outside the US but they are few and far between.

It is not just paypal, most cc processors have the same rule.

If you are determined to do it I would backup your site and give it a shot. Did you check out the support thread for the contribution? It might give you some info on whether or not it works.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??