• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ikobo payment processor with osCommerce

OnlineStore

Hi. I want to pen my own online store and I need to integrate osCommerce with iKobo.com services because it's the only payment processor that proved to be trustworthy. At least for me it did ... So, please, if any of you has done this before I will ask him to guide me. I must say that I don't know PHP language or any other programming language. Please please help. thanks. :wacko:

I have downloaded Eugene's ikobo module contribution.

It's OK but now there is a better way to do integration (Ikobo release a new manual just a few days after the code was written, explaining how to integrate with 3er. party shopping carts).

Unfortunately I can't write PHP code by myself, but I understand that it's quite simple. It's a piece of HTML like this:

form action="https://www.iKobo.com/store/index.php" method="post">

<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="cart">

<input type="image" src=http://images.iKobo.com/images/img.gif name="submit" alt="Pay with iKobo ">

<input type="hidden" name="poid" value="UY450535QA">

<input type="hidden" name="item" value=" Roofing Tools Purchase ">

<input type="hidden" name="price" value="300.45">

</form>

and you also can add customer variables like: firstname, lastname, address, city, state, zip, phone, country in order to pre-populate the form.

All information is available in https://www.ikobo.com/ikobo.cgi?action=info_demomanual

look at Shopping Cart Manual (from page 35 to 42).

If someone can rewrite the code I'll be the first in adopt it!

Daniel

:)

Cool stuff. I didn't know that. I am not that much of a programmer but I could learn basic HTML stuff :) It's so simple and the part with the variables is a big help because in my opinion this goes to the IPN system which any ikobo merchant can activate and see exactly who is buying and what is buying from him /her. Thank you for all your help. :D

Things really to start picking up with ikobo, more and more people are interested in ways to make them work for their particular needs. That can only make me happy because this means more people will become aware of them and thus more customers for us. ;)

Anyway, thanks for the update danielmunoz, I wasn't aware of the fact that there was a new manual released by ikobo. I'll check it out. Thanks again.

the new module is awesome the only think that needs to be added to the next version is to make it record what the person orders as soon as they click confirm, ( liek the paypal ipn module) cause after the submit the credit card info to ikobo and you receive payment there no record so you have to email the person to ask what the purchased, or ask them to submit again but select money order so there's a record of the purcahse in the system.

I'd write it myself but don't have a clue on how to so hopefully someone can.

Edited by getitcheap

the new module is awesome the only think that needs to be added  to the next version is to make it record what the person orders as soon as they click confirm, ( liek the paypal ipn module) cause after the submit the credit card info to ikobo and you receive payment there no record so you have to email the person to ask what the purchased, or ask them to submit again but select money order so there's a record of the purcahse in the system.

I'd write it myself but don't have a clue on how to so hopefully someone can.

iKobo has also IPN and any merchant can use it. It's very easy to setup. It will notify the merchant on every transaction made on his/her website along with data collected from the buyer.

Im working on the next version of the ikobo module at the moment. It will incorporate the recover carts contribution to help track what customers have ordered. This is as far as I know the onlt way to track what a customer has purchased until ikobo setup a return URL system.

Im working on the next version of the ikobo module at the moment. It will incorporate the recover carts contribution to help track what customers have ordered. This is as far as I know the onlt way to track what a customer has purchased until ikobo setup a return URL system.

awesome! looking forwarded to testing it once complete..

now hopefully ikobo fixes the problem there having with the shopping cart soon so i can start using the current one again!

awesome! looking forwarded to testing it once complete..

now hopefully ikobo fixes the problem there having with the shopping cart soon so i can start using the current one again!

I don't have any problem with ikobo shopping cart and I don't recall other users reporting any problem with it so I think you can start using it right this moment. :)

There is a quote from iKobo's FAQ:

The IPN function is to enable the merchant to integrate iKobo payments with their website's back end operations. IPN sends the merchant immediate notification and confirmation of all payments processed by iKobo.

IPN automates the merchant?s fulfillment operations, tracks affiliate sales and commissions and stores transaction information in their own database. It also helps the merchant track customers through the IPN "pass through" variables.

I don't have any problem with ikobo shopping cart and I don't recall other users reporting any problem with it so I think you can start using it right this moment. :)

I'm already using it and it was wroking fine until yesterday.. but i bet if you go and try and process an order through your shopping cart you'll notice it doesn't work right now.

it won't bring you to the payment page on ikobo as its down. I don't see how you can be up and running with it when every other site that i know that has ikobo payment module is having the same problem.

anyways i talked to ikobo yesterday and they said there havin problems with the shopping cart and they hope they'll have it fixed soon

Does anyone know if Ikobo offers offline processing? Meaning, what if you were to take the order using the Credit Card module, and then after the order is placed go to ikobo.com and enter the CC manually.

Knowledge Base | Contributions | Tips & Tricks Forum

There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors.

-- Jim Morrison

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for this contribution. I just installed it for a customer who is in a country that PayPal doesn't have listed. I ran through it and everything seems fine. Will know for sure later tonight.

Is it reality or just a dream, for some there is no difference.