• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do i configure Header Tags Controller ?

HStrading

Hello,

Finally got this baby running, but how should i configure it ?

It seems like it is essential to configure in the two files:

1) /includes/languages/english/header_tags.php

and

2) /catalog/includes/header_tags.php

But what info, should i put where ? it does not state clearly in the included documents.

If anyone can point to an earlier topic on this, i'll be glad, i wasn't able to do a search with any useable hits.

You are correct. The files need to be edited to work properly but this isn't spelled out in the instructions, or anywhere else AFAIK. HTC comes with just a few pages defined. For any other pages, you have to add the code. All you need to do is copy and edit the exiting code for the page you want. For example, in the basic files there are entries for Product Reviews that appear as follows:

In include/header_tags.php

// PRODUCTS_REVIEWS_INFO.PHP and PRODUCTS_REVIEWS.PHP
 case ( strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'product_reviews_info.php') or strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'product_reviews.php') or strstr($PHP_SELF,'product_reviews_info.php') or strstr($PHP_SELF,'product_reviews.php') ):
   if ( HEAD_DESC_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO=='' ) {
     if ( HTDA_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO_ON=='1' ) {
       $the_desc= tep_get_header_tag_products_desc(isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id'])) . ' ' . HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL;
     } else {
       $the_desc= tep_get_header_tag_products_desc(isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id']));
     }
   } else {
     $the_desc= HEAD_DESC_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO;
   }

if ( HEAD_KEY_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO=='' ) {
     if ( HTKA_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO_ON=='1' ) {
       $the_key_words= tep_get_header_tag_products_keywords(isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id'])) . ' ' . HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL;
     } else {
       $the_key_words= tep_get_header_tag_products_keywords(isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id']));
     }
   } else {
     $the_key_words= HEAD_KEY_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO;
   }

if ( HEAD_TITLE_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO=='' ) {
     if ( HTTA_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO_ON=='1' ) {
       $the_title= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL . ' ' . tep_get_header_tag_products_title(isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id']));
     } else {
       $the_title= tep_get_header_tag_products_title(isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id']));
     }
   } else {
     $the_title= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO;
   }

break;

and in includes/laguages/english/header_tags.php

// product_reviews_info.php and product_reviews.php - if left blank in products_description table these values will be used
define('HTTA_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO_ON','1');
define('HTKA_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO_ON','1');
define('HTDA_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO_ON','1');
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO','');
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO','');
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO','');

Now, if you want to add an about us page, you would change the above to appear as something like the following:

In includes/header_tags.php (insert before the default statement)

// ABOUT_US.PHP - was default.php
 case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_ABOUT_US) or strstr($PHP_SELF, FILENAME_ABOUT_US) ):

if (HTDA_ABOUTUS_ON=='1') {
     $the_desc= HEAD_DESC_TAG_ABOUTUS . ' ' . HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL;
   } else {
     $the_desc= HEAD_DESC_TAG_ABOUTUS;
   }

if (HTKA_ABOUTUS_ON=='1') {
     $the_key_words= HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL . ' ' . HEAD_KEY_TAG_ABOUTUS;
   } else {
     $the_key_words= HEAD_KEY_TAG_ABOUTUS;
   }

if (HTTA_ABOUTUS_ON=='1') {
     $the_title= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ABOUTUS . ' ' . HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;
   } else {
     $the_title= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ABOUTUS;
   }

break;

and then in includes/languages/english (insert before the last ?>)

// about_us.php - if left blank in products_description table these values will be used
define('HTTA_ABOUTUS_ON','1');
define('HTKA_ABOUTUS_ON','1');
define('HTDA_ABOUTUS_ON','1');
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ABOUTUS','About Us - ');
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_ABOUTUS','This is all about us. We have been in the retail business for over fifteen years and take pride in our large and satisfied customer base. We are committed to providing the highest quality of service and products at reasonable price\'s, which is why our customers stay with us. ');
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_ABOUTUS','');

Do the same for all pages you want to add.

HTH,

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

hello,

i thought only these two files need to be configured ?

1) /includes/languages/english/header_tags.php

and

2) /catalog/includes/header_tags.php

How should one know how to configure these files ? i find the description a bit 'light'.

Perhaps someone would post their files so i can se how they configured their files ?

I'm afraid i haven't found out how to configure the /catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file

i simply do not understand what i need to put, and where to put it. i appreciate your help, jack_mcs - but i'm afraid i just don't understand it.

Could someone post an example of how to configure this file, please ?

What page would you like to get the tags working on? I gave you the example for an About Us page but if you name another one I will tell you what is needed.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

What page would you like to get the tags working on? I gave you the example for an About Us page but if you name another one I will tell you what is needed.

Jack

I got the /catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file configured, this was the one causing me the most problems.

I'll stay out of configuring the other pages like, contact us, etc....

With the Header_tags.php i got the index, and products pages going, and these where the most important ones for me.

But thank you for your help.