Latest News: (loading..)
Sign in to follow this  
Feedbag

Drop Shipping

There must be some sort of contribution for drop shipping.

I can't launch this store without it.

I'll pay for something to be made if need be.

Sorry for being such a dimwit but what is drop shipping? I keep seeing references to it all over these forums. I have been corresponding with a guy who said he was setting up a drop shipping operation btw. I didn't ask him at the time as we were too busy sorting out why none of his products were appearing.

To explain drop shipping.

Many of the products are shipped by the manufactorer themselves to our customer.

So each product, or every product for each vendor needs its own "Ship From" to properly calculate shipping costs.

does anyone know where the sign up page for oscommerce, I see all these tools companies, on here, using os commerce, having there tools dropshipped, can anyone point me in the right directions, so I can sign up for a web page, and dropshipper.

Thanks

Mike

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to ask, Mike. By tools do you mean osCommerce tools? Or are you talking about tools as products you would sell (like woodworking tools)?

osCommerce is a free software. You don't need to sign up for it. You just need to download it, install it, and customize it -- or hire someone to do that for you. Dropshipping is a service that many manufacturers offer, and you'd need to "sign up" through them individually.

It sounds like you want to run your own store, take drop shipping orders, and make a profit on stuff you'll never have to touch. It's a great idea, and a lot of people are doing it. But running an online website isn't as easy as just signing up.

To start, you can go to http://www.oscommerce.com and download the latest release.

You'll also need a hosting provider with PHP/MySQL support, and a domain name.

Finally, you'll need someone with technical skills... or a lot of patience for learning the work on your own.

Good luck!

First you decide what you've got to do, and then you go out and do it.

Maybe the most that we can do is just see each other through it.

Ani Difranco