• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Increase your search rankings

I have seen sites that have their products listed in the address bar when you click on them. So you will see this:

http://www.yoursite/product_info.php/name/...products_id/116 (this link won't take yoy anywhere)

instead of the normal:

http://www.yoursite/catalog/product_info.p...9a4016389586624 (this link won't take yoy anywhere)

Apparently this massively increases your traffic as spiders can find products names alot more easily so all your products can get indexed quicker.

Does anyone know if this is true?

I have installed all_products contributions and placed hidden links on my sites to it so that spiders can index my products, and from within all_products.php the products name does apear in the address bar when you click on them. But like I say I have seen os commerce shops that have made this happen on all their products from the catagory menu.

Does anyone know how to do this, or have I missed something in the all products contrubtion?

My Webpage

I haven't seen the contrib for this yet, but what i have seen is a contrib that puts the breadcrumb trail in the title bar. I understand search engines index the title bar right?

Dave