• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AUTORIZE.NET

BotPinoy

When you turn on authorize.net. If customer pays, do they have to be directed to authorize.net payment page or it will process transaction at oscommerce.

Right now, we are using paypal and all customers are directed to paypal site to make payment.

How does Authorize.net works from oscommerce?

Please help. Thanks.

You don't see Authorize.net I just started using oc and had auth.net for years. I expected to see the interface. You don't. But....the receipt you get looks like the original one you are used to....with one caveat!

You have:

Invoice:

Description:

Right?

Well, before OC, the Description had WHAT THEY BOUGHT. It doesn't have anything at least in my orders! I posted a request, but haven't received a reply.

Anyone tell me they really do see what is purchased in their Authorize.net Total Merchant Receipt?

If you do, did you have to change anything?

Thanks!

Drake

PayPal is a service different from Authorize.net. Authorize.net is the backbone. PayPal uses a backbone, even if it is their own, they have an interface you see. Authorize.net REQUIRES an interface to use it, a shopping cart, like osC.

In other words, you will never "see" Authorize.net like you see PayPal. It will all be part of your site, seamless.

Authorize.net is plain and simple a merchant account that allows you to authorize and debit credit cards, debit cards and checking accounts. They are one of the more expensive in town (much like Verisign is in its genre), but they are also one of the more reliable and recognized.

osC should seamlessly work with them.

Good luck

Ruhl

PayPal is a service different from Authorize.net. Authorize.net is the backbone. PayPal uses a backbone, even if it is their own, they have an interface you see. Authorize.net REQUIRES an interface to use it, a shopping cart, like osC.

In other words, you will never "see" Authorize.net like you see PayPal. It will all be part of your site, seamless.

Authorize.net is plain and simple a merchant account that allows you to authorize and debit credit cards, debit cards and checking accounts. They are one of the more expensive in town (much like Verisign is in its genre), but they are also one of the more reliable and recognized.

osC should seamlessly work with them.

Good luck

Ruhl

what do you compare to when you say they are more expensive. i thought they are comparable to paypal and efsnet etc. can you also list a few who are less expensive?

Thanks

David

When you take into account the monthly fees on top of their charge for a merchant account, that makes PayPal very competitive and sometimes cheaper especially now since they no longer require a user to have an account to pay by Credit Card.

Authorize.net is not a merchant account - they are a payment processor. You have to have a merchant account in order to have Authorize.net process your payments. There is a big difference between the two.

Using the standard Authorize.net payment module the user is briefly transferred to Authorize.net's site and then returned. This process generally takes 10 seconds are less and the user is rarely aware that it occurred since the page stays blank during that time. It basically looks like the success page takes a while to load.

To completely avoid that use the Authorize.net ADC (or AIM) payment contribution which uses cURL to communicate directly with Authorize.net instead of HTTP POST.

Edited by Daemonj

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein